Rumour New job for Gillon?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Gil is a top operator and would lap V’Landys, but I’m not sure he is the type of person racing needs. Perhaps with horse welfare issues he will be decent.

But punters have been taxed and sucked dry due to ridiculous pop up racing and prize money increases. It’s a gambling sport and you can’t keep reducing the value in odds.

The only winners are breeders and big trainers - the type of people who would be in Gil’s circle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Gil is a top operator and would lap V’Landys, but I’m not sure he is the type of person racing needs. Perhaps with horse welfare issues he will be decent.

But punters have been taxed and sucked dry due to ridiculous pop up racing and prize money increases. It’s a gambling sport and you can’t keep reducing the value in odds.

The only winners are breeders and big trainers - the type of people who would be in Gil’s circle.

Completely nailed it

Also the reason why Gil will probably get the job - racing knows only one way, stuff the punters

I think Gil is a top operator and would lap V’Landys,
I’d like to see that…unlike Gil, the man of feathers is a junkyard scrapper who understands the sports that he commands from all angles because like a chameleon he can move amongst them all seamlessly.

I’d like to see that…unlike Gil, the man of feathers is a junkyard scrapper who understands the sports that he commands from all angles because like a chameleon he can move amongst them all seamlessly.
Good point. Could you imagine if Racing Victoria got someone like a Vlandys. Look out.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back