The King!

Chosen One
Aug 3, 2004
Backwater
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Cavs, Redsox, Patriots
Really enjoy the show, I don’t agree with everything Sam especially can go on with. But at least they all can agree to disagree and get over it, have a chuckle etc

good show

sam gets a bum rap in the media, I still think he is good value

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah think he had the Franklin time frame short

But it’s not the first time they hinted at all knowing more re buddy and others
true that.

its always intersting when listening to these guys discuss the D word. Their mates who say they have depression, do have it. Anyone else.....there's a bit of doubt.

but don raised a great point.....could it be a fad? It was chronic fatigue before, now its this.

i like to believe that becayse there's greater awareness and discussion, more is fleshed out

Rustyrich

All Australian
Aug 17, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Great episode with Jason Dunstall. I knew before it started that it would be good and didn't disappoint. He defiantly doesn't pull any punches on any topic and is quite humble considering his achievements.
I'd like to know more on why he and Derm don't really get along other than a 'G'day how ya going' but I guess from afar it's just a clash of personalities. His delivery in storytelling is very good. Jason should do more podcasts talking about general topics.

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Great episode with Jason Dunstall. I knew before it started that it would be good and didn't disappoint. He defiantly doesn't pull any punches on any topic and is quite humble considering his achievements.
I'd like to know more on why he and Derm don't really get along other than a 'G'day how ya going' but I guess from afar it's just a clash of personalities. His delivery in storytelling is very good. Jason should do more podcasts talking about general topics.
i would welcome that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

revo333

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
true that.

its always intersting when listening to these guys discuss the D word. Their mates who say they have depression, do have it. Anyone else.....there's a bit of doubt.

but don raised a great point.....could it be a fad? It was chronic fatigue before, now its this.
Maxwells came from out of nowhere and could of been more a mental burnout issue rather than depression.

The young Victorian batsman is a real concern though, I've heard a few people say he has been battling depression since he was 14.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I have to say, I've never really been a fan of Whateley but his episode was brilliant. He's a pretty intelligent bloke and almost self effacing in the way he took responsibility for the rift between himself and Ross Lyon.
He's converted me, can now say I'm a fan
That's interesting, because my impression of Whateley from that episode was, for the most part, the opposite, and I'm now even LESS likely to listen to him.

Yes, he's a smart guy who can speak, and yes, I suppose it was somewhat humble of him to admit that he went too far on the Ross Lyon thing, but for the rest of the podcast he comes across as a self-important twat who reckons his job is up there with the Prime Minister's.

And how about his so-called stance against gambling, apparently insisting that he doesn't have a sponsored betting segment on his show?!! What a fakking joke. Where does he think his massive wage comes from? He obviously knows where it comes from: a fair whack of it comes from advertising from betting companies. And he sounded so PROUD the way he said it. Fakking hypocrite. To state the bleeding obvious: if he's so against gambling sponsorship, he shoulda stayed at the ABC.

Smoke was coming out of me ears when I heard that bit. I'm gettin angry again just thinking about it. HA :p

Last edited:

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
That's interesting, because my impression of Whateley from that episode was, for the most part, the opposite, and I'm now even LESS likely to listen to him.

Yes, he's a smart guy who can speak, and yes, I suppose it was somewhat humble of him to admit that he went too far on the Ross Lyon thing, but for the rest of the podcast he comes across as a self-important twat who reckons his job is up there with the Prime Minister's.

And how about his so-called stance against gambling, apparently insisting that he doesn't have a sponsored betting segment on his show?!! What a fakking joke. Where does he think his massive wage comes from? He obviously knows where it comes from: a fair whack of it comes from advertising from betting companies. And he sounded so PROUD the way he said it. Fakking hypocrite. To state the bleeding obvious: if he's so against gambling sponsorship, he shoulda stayed at the ABC.

Smoke was coming out of me ears when I heard that bit. I'm gettin angry again just thinking about it. HA :p
u mad?

if GW wanted no part of gambling, then sports and he should not mix

Top Bottom