Radio 3AW

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom has mentioned many times that his father John purposefully didn’t give his kids the rich kid free ride whilst they were growing up.

As he wanted them to make their own path and success in their own lives.
you can still be kissed on the dick with out being given money.. i.e. the best schools, access to his own (and Jacks) old boys network.

Sam McClure just got told off by an older fella saying he should have showed more respect to the previous caller. Funny

I listened to that show tonight for the first time in a while (wanted to hear more about the cricket and the tennis). Heard McClure arguing with around three callers in a row and being quite floggish. And he was going on and on about Ch.7. Didn't really motivate me to listen again until the footy starts....perhaps.

. Didn't really motivate me to listen again until the footy starts....perhaps.
I actually might go the other way and go back to AW, for SEN still have the C team of Hargreaves/White and McGain. Healy (was on for) the tennis last year, one of the few on SEN who shows enthusiasm for it. Bowled over by Sam lying down with Kristin Cavahlo, what an unusual pairing

I’m a fan of Ross Stephenson but don’t listen as much except the last week. Who is his new partner? Seems too happy and giddy and offers nothing. Just laughs and agrees with Ross..too eager to please. Says some silly things.

He’s like a happy Gollum to Ross’ Frodo and no doubt serves Ross coffee and biscuits. Terrible. Banks and Lunchalot were better

I’m a fan of Ross Stephenson but don’t listen as much except the last week. Who is his new partner? Seems too happy and giddy and offers nothing. Just laughs and agrees with Ross..too eager to please. Says some silly things.

He’s like a happy Gollum to Ross’ Frodo and no doubt serves Ross coffee and biscuits. Terrible. Banks and Lunchalot were better
Russell Howcroft

I actually might go the other way and go back to AW, for SEN still have the C team of Hargreaves/White and McGain. Healy (was on for) the tennis last year, one of the few on SEN who shows enthusiasm for it. Bowled over by Sam lying down with Kristin Cavahlo, what an unusual pairing
Certainly been a long summer over at SEN with the summer crew. Crazy how much time off the main group get. And get paid ! Looking forward to the likes of lethal, Richo and Jimmy back in their regular AW times with Sam McClure.

the UK news correspondent passed away

Certainly been a long summer over at SEN with the summer crew. Crazy how much time off the main group get. And get paid ! Looking forward to the likes of lethal, Richo and Jimmy back in their regular AW times with Sam McClure.

Some contracts might be different but I think all the time off is a cost saving excercise more than anything. There contract would be for a certain amount of shows per year.

Some contracts might be different but I think all the time off is a cost saving excercise more than anything. There contract would be for a certain amount of shows per year.
Everybody wins then haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Felgate is OK but not a patch on her predecessor.

Why don't AW broadcast as many games as they used to? Not like they're short of a bob or two. How do the rights packages work?

Bartel definitely on the up now he is hosting Sundays. Huddo also quite prominent. I wonder how long Lane and Matthews will keep going. Hopefully a few more years yet as they are peerless.

I thought Felgate was good in the afternoon slot. I think she loses a bit in Drive when she gets all serious. When filling in at midday, she was a nice sounding woman having a chat, and I liked it.
Agree. She is or was such a likeable person. The new timeslot puts her in that position where she has to be straight and have opinions that are going to put atleast 40% of people off.

Why don't AW broadcast as many games as they used to? Not like they're short of a bob or two. How do the rights packages work?

Bartel definitely on the up now he is hosting Sundays. Huddo also quite prominent. I wonder how long Lane and Matthews will keep going. Hopefully a few more years yet as they are peerless.
it used to be there's the "A" package (the feature matches) and the "B" package (your Friday night, usually the secondary Sat night, Sunday arvo etc. the early/late games that no-one wanted, covered by SEN/ABC).

unless they're not doing Thurs nights, they're probably covering as much as they used to? just if games overlap, then not crossing to the 2nd half of the 2nd game?

I could be wrong on all of this, been a while.

Someone said last year that it was a decision by the higher-ups at Ch 9 in Sydney. They figure that because there's not enough interest in Thursday night NRL radio coverage up north, it should be the same down here.

Does anyone know it 5AA does Thursday nights?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back