Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

Remove this Banner Ad

Great call by Mike Sheahan who called him out on it too, he doesn't watch Q and A and hates it, he only reads what Andrew Bolt says about it.

Mike Sheahan's daughter cracks me up, her comment about the Rex Hunt episode was gold: "You could tell he was completely f’ed in the head"!

did sam react well to that?

did sam react well to that?

he was a bit lost for words which is rare, but he is adamant that reading commentary on q and a allows him to critique the content as opposed to actually watching it. Sometimes I think he is smart but sometimes he comes across very ignorant, mostly ignorant id say but he’s very amusing a lot of the time.

he was a bit lost for words which is rare, but he is adamant that reading commentary on q and a allows him to critique the content as opposed to actually watching it. Sometimes I think he is smart but sometimes he comes across very ignorant, mostly ignorant id say but he’s very amusing a lot of the time.
Well summed up re Sam. Although he’d be adamant that those who hold views contrary to his on things should actually read and watch what he does to get alternative views

How Newman has been able to fool people that he is intelligent is an indictment on the media.

He is not intelligent, he has a reasonably good vocabulary which makes him stand out in the media these days. But there’s a big different between having a good vocab and actually being able to have rational and intelligent thought. He can’t even express his views using big words in a way that makes sense, it’s like he uses too much unnecessary energy on the big words that he runs out of juice when trying to complete the sentence/point or mount a rational/logical argument or position.

Has the one with Rex Hunt been taken down?
Nup, it's this one. Rex's name isn't in the title

Second part was great. I knew it was complete crap that Mike and Rex had buried the hatchet as soon as I read it.

How Newman has been able to fool people that he is intelligent is an indictment on the media.

He is not intelligent, he has a reasonably good vocabulary which makes him stand out in the media these days. But there’s a big different between having a good vocab and actually being able to have rational and intelligent thought. He can’t even express his views using big words in a way that makes sense, it’s like he uses too much unnecessary energy on the big words that he runs out of juice when trying to complete the sentence/point or mount a rational/logical argument or position.
Sam in a nutshell. Great post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckons he was better than Barassi and Barrie Robran better than Royce Hart and on par with Carey.

I have heard more than a few people over time who saw and played against Barassi say that they thought he was a good footballer but not a great one.

I have worked my way through most of the episodes now.

It's very amusing and I hope they continue with it next year.

I liked it with Thomas but I think these 3 are better to listen to.

Don Scott has really come out of his shell. His very best work today (Xmas Eve podcast).

This new version of the podcast craps all over SMT.

Wonder if we will see the thread title changed sometime in the 20's?

Still trying to work out how we can solve the Warnambool bus problem.
at least it got newman off his 'trumpty can do no wrong' moronic rants.

thought the h.s gossiper played them on a break. got a couple of stories out of it too.

also managed to throw them off the track about why she didn't contact sheahan before she wrote her half arsed story - as any good journo should have.

On the topic of Sam not being as smart as he sounds: I realise that Twitter isn't exactly an English exam or a letter to the Queen, but Sam doesn't write very well in his Tweets, assuming, of course, he writes them himself.

Just listened to the latest episode with John Elliott. Was enjoyable but my god Elliott is a loathsome human being. Stuck in the 50s in mentality. Don Scott was running rings around Sam asking the decent questions!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back