Leagues NFL Dreamteam

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
I'm not sure whether this is the right place for this (Mods?) but if there are any NFL fans interested in getting a DT fix over spring/summer I think it would be great to have a thread dedicated to all things NFL fantasy.

Admittedly I'm still relatively new to NFL DT given last year was my first crack at it but I'm very keen to learn from my mistakes and go around again. The season starts in just 12 days time and if we could fill, or at least go close to filling, a BF league I'd be stoked.

So let us know if you're at all interested in this thread :)

EDIT: League code is 253055

Last edited:
Yep, you can have 1 thread dedicated to NFL DT, 1 thread for a different code is fine, they're all Sportsdeck games which is their brand we are talking about.

I'd also post on the NFL Board that this thread is here if you want to gain some interest, I did the same on the Soccer Board, but they mainly only play FPL

I'm not sure whether this is the right place for this (Mods?) but if there are any NFL fans interested in getting a DT fix over spring/summer I think it would be great to have a thread dedicated to all things NFL fantasy.

Admittedly I'm still relatively new to NFL DT given last year was my first crack at it but I'm very keen to learn from my mistakes and go around again. The season starts in just 12 days time and if we could fill, or at least go close to filling, a BF league I'd be stoked.

So let us know if you're at all interested in this thread :)

Count me in! :thumbsu:

As promised, my team is below. I think it still needs a lot of work but I like the structure i am running with at the moment. 2 gun QBs are basically locked in. I've thought about Brees too but i cant go past Rodgers and Brady. Rodgers didnt have his best season last year by his lofty standards and yet he still averaged more than everyone else in the game.

I've chosen to pick 4 'big name' running backs that are potentially well undervalued. That said, I have my doubts about all 4 as there is no guarantee they will play a big enough role for their respective teams. With Elliot out Morris will hopefully make some quick cash and ill most likely play him ahead of Lacy for at least the 1st round. I like the mix of WRs that ive chosen although I have my doubts about Cruz in particular. Amendola is cheap and will hopefully get more snaps with Edelman injured. Pierre Garcon is set to be the main man for the 49ers offence but also if im honest he is also picked 'on emotion'. I've decided to go with 2 expensive TEs as well and am hoping they can both stay fit for most, if not all of the season. Tucker picks himself and I'm backing Denver to be up there with the best defences in the league, while I'm hoping Cleveland can't get any worse than last season.

To be honest i haven't really kept up to date with the pre-season and I'm certainly not the most die-hard NFL supporter so I'm sure there are several players ive overlooked and others that i've picked based on reputation not necessarily potential output. Nevertheless, I'm happy enough with most of my team. Don't hesitate to rip it to shreds though guys!

NFL DT.PNG

As promised, my team is below. I think it still needs a lot of work but I like the structure i am running with at the moment. 2 gun QBs are basically locked in. I've thought about Brees too but i cant go past Rodgers and Brady. Rodgers didnt have his best season last year by his lofty standards and yet he still averaged more than everyone else in the game.

I've chosen to pick 4 'big name' running backs that are potentially well undervalued. That said, I have my doubts about all 4 as there is no guarantee they will play a big enough role for their respective teams. With Elliot out Morris will hopefully make some quick cash and ill most likely play him ahead of Lacy for at least the 1st round. I like the mix of WRs that ive chosen although I have my doubts about Cruz in particular. Amendola is cheap and will hopefully get more snaps with Edelman injured. Pierre Garcon is set to be the main man for the 49ers offence but also if im honest he is also picked 'on emotion'. I've decided to go with 2 expensive TEs as well and am hoping they can both stay fit for most, if not all of the season. Tucker picks himself and I'm backing Denver to be up there with the best defences in the league, while I'm hoping Cleveland can't get any worse than last season.

To be honest i haven't really kept up to date with the pre-season and I'm certainly not the most die-hard NFL supporter so I'm sure there are several players ive overlooked and others that i've picked based on reputation not necessarily potential output. Nevertheless, I'm happy enough with most of my team. Don't hesitate to rip it to shreds though guys!

View attachment 410348
Few comments mate:
- you're better off going one of Brady and Rodgers, saving $$$ and going with a Carr or Moriata
- AP isn't the starter in NO. Ingram is. Charles isn't the starter for Denver. CJ Anderson is. Rawls will also be in a RB committee with Eddie Lacy this year. They also have CJ prosise who's their third down back.Rather pick up two of Kareem Hunt who is starting for the Chiefs for the Ware who's out for the season, fournette from the jags or Davlin Cook, who's the starter for the Vikings this year.
- cruz will be lucky to make the Bears 53-man roster. If he does, he will be a depth player.
- TE aren't usually big scorers so go with Gronk and someone cheaper. Evan Engram is a rookie for the Giants, who will start and get a lot of targets this year. OBJ will be double teamed and Brandon Marshall will have heavy coverage. Their coach McAdoo loves a good TE. He hasn't had one since becoming head coach, and it's why they drafted Engram.

Few comments mate:
- you're better off going one of Brady and Rodgers, saving $$$ and going with a Carr or Moriata
- AP isn't the starter in NO. Ingram is. Charles isn't the starter for Denver. CJ Anderson is. Rawls will also be in a RB committee with Eddie Lacy this year. They also have CJ prosise who's their third down back.Rather pick up two of Kareem Hunt who is starting for the Chiefs for the Ware who's out for the season, fournette from the jags or Davlin Cook, who's the starter for the Vikings this year.
- cruz will be lucky to make the Bears 53-man roster. If he does, he will be a depth player.
- TE aren't usually big scorers so go with Gronk and someone cheaper. Evan Engram is a rookie for the Giants, who will start and get a lot of targets this year. OBJ will be double teamed and Brandon Marshall will have heavy coverage. Their coach McAdoo loves a good TE. He hasn't had one since becoming head coach, and it's why they drafted Engram.

Cheers for the feedback! I took your advice and dropped Charles and Lacy but I've kept AP as I think he will get ample opportunity even if he isn't the first option to start the season. It'll be interesting to see who Seattle favour out of Lacy and Rawls as they are different types of player. I think they can use both pretty effectively but perhaps neither will get enough snaps to be fantasy relevant? Davlin Cook and Kareem Hunt have come in to my team. I've also dumped Reed for Engram and upgraded both Cruz and Garcon to Evans and Green. I've made a couple changes on my bench as well with Trubisky coming in.

NFL DT copy.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone want to do a draft league on Sportsdeck also? If so I have one running at 9pm on Thursday, code is 129709. If you already have one organised with spaces I'd be keen to jump in that also.

Sucks to have Jacksonville's 56 on the bench, and Houstons -2 on the field. At least I managed to get Kareems 85 by bringing in Ajayi and another Dolphin for the loophole. Had to give up Fournette to do so. Also looking at nice scores from Kizer and Golladay on my bench.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back