NFL NFL RDT 2022/23 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Made a few changes. Ive gone Fields who could be the #1 fantasy QB by years end, or he could still hang around the tier he is currently in, but i want his upside. The extra $ allowed me to sure up my WRs so i dont need to play a rookie on field, even though Addison and JSN could both be good options.

I like Pollard to continue where he left off last season. Cowboys defence is good and it allows them to use the run game quite a lot. Robinson is an absolute freak judging by the bit of college footage ive seen and even saw glimpses in the first quarter of the last pre season match. He will be used heaps and is a must-have. Should be good enough to field. Gibbs was taken high in the draft and is a like-for-like D.Swift replacement as he can catch which is great for DT/Fantasy scoring. Mattison will be leading the Vikings' ground attack & White should have that role in Tampa.

JJ is a must have i reckon. Realistically he could regress slightly but there is equal or greater chance he does the opposite. Even if i thought he would regress i would pick him because i want a WR who can go MASSIVE and given the right game script he will have massive games and if he strings them together at the start of the season, you absolutely need to have him. Kupp is reliable although the Rams are a shell of what they were 2 seasons ago. Still, Kupp gets volume and even if he doesnt see as many TDs they will probably be behind in plenty of games and airing it out. AmonRa is a favourite of mine and should get plenty of opportunity as the Lions leading receiver. Deebo will have a 'bounce back' year i reckon. Pickens is a bit of a dart throw but i think he has all the talent he needs. Steelers have a few decent-good receiving options so i dont expect huge volume every game but i like the fact he is a threat with great hands in an offence that should be better. Tough divison, but Pickett may have a slightly better offensive line in front of him and should come into his own this season. I dont love the pick but i have the cash to take a bit of a risk here. Finally, Ridley is a damn fine player and i dont think in his time away from the game, that he forgot how to play it. JSN & Addison are my favourite rookie WRs but Flowers/Johnston/Mingo etc could be good too.

TE starters pick themselves. Kelce is incredible and Waller is very cheap for what he can produce, if he stays fit and things fall his way. Kincaid is a fantastic pass catcher and in my opinion has the most upside of any rookie TE. He may not always get the volume but should be an extra threat for a very talented QB/offence.

Moody is the man at SanFran after Gould was moved on. Aubrey is my captaincy loophole. Finally, SF are still a great defence and might as well go cheap behind them

Screen Shot 2023-08-21 at 4.35.45 pm.png

Change of heart. Im looking at going mid-priced madness in the WR position. Im fairly confident i wont be changing my QBs or RBs. St.Brown, Olave & G.Wilson are all young gun WRs who will get volume as their respective teams' top receiver. Ridley was a very talented WR so i hope he comes back with a vengeance. Even if he is a slowish burn, im happy to back him in at that price. Juwan Johnson is my POD who ended last season very well and has a truckload of athleticism and is apparantly training really well and developing chemistry with Carr. I'm not keen to spend too much on kickers/team defences so ive gone value options there.

Screen Shot 2023-08-24 at 3.19.12 pm.png

League to join? or you want me to create?
I think Ill create one now.

I've decided im going to go with a bit of a unique mid-priced team rather than Guns n Rooks. That means players like Pierce/Olave/G.Wilson/ASB/Waller/Ridley/Pacheco get the start for me.

Hurts should back up last season as Eagles have arguably an even better defensive unit and still several options on offence. There is a chance he doesnt back it up but apart from going with Mahomes - who im still considering - I think Hurts has the least downside of the big name QBs.

I say that because im a little wary of Allen this season. He had a bit of an arm issue last season and still was a fantasy beast but im not entirely confident in the Bills this season, in a very tough division. I'm not certain Diggs is happy there and beyond him, they dont have many great targets. Yes, Gabe Davis is an endzone threat when he isnt droping it, and Kincaid is probably set to become a big threat from the TE position but i worry that the run game will be poor-to-non-existant- and that means Allen has to be rushing himself a lot. Not a bad thing, until he potentially gets banged up. Thus, i like Hurts more, in what is an easier conference.

Lamar is primed to have a big season and has some new toys on offence. I think he has upside and is a genuine captain option. Fields is one to consider here too but i think he doesnt have the support network that Lamar does.

Moving on to RBs, there are 3 locks for me. CMC/Bijan/Gibbs and beyond that ive been chopping and changing but im happy to pass on the big guns like Saqoun/Ekeler/Chubb and go with Pierce who i think is almost as talented as those names and should see plenty of carries. Not the ideal offence for him to operate in, but i think he is a genuine 3 down back and surely the only way is up!

Pacheco is not locked in, but i like someone around that price as i can easily downgrade if he doesnt work out. I like Mattison and Gibbs so if Pacheco doesnt put up numbers i think i still have depth there. I do think that i can go sideways too if the likes of R.White/J.Williams/J.Cook start the season hot. Downgrade options include Charbonnet and even T.Bigsby.

WRs are tough. JJ is locked in and i really like ASB & Ridley at their respective price points. Hill/Olave/G.Wilson are the ones that ive been chopping and changing but i think talented 2nd year & high volume wideouts are a chance to breakout. I like the Saints' fixture over the first 6 rounds or so and i think they will be throwing a fair bit for at leas the first 3 rounds while Kamara is out. G.Wilson will hopefully benefit from Rodgers but i admit its no certainty given they have lots of other talented options so the volume may not be there. Then there is Tyreek who im not set on by any means but am starting him ahead of Chase because i think he is just slightly more explosive and thus my FOMO on a big score is just ever so slightly less. Flowers and Sky Moore are locked in.

Kelce is very hard to leave out. There are plenty of TE options im considering at ALL price points but i keep coming back to Kelce because he is on his own tier. Waller is not locked in yet but i think he is a red zone threat and so could put up some big numbers, although his consistency is questionable. I think ill go with the popular trio though.

Moody is hopefully fit for round 1 but i will keep monitoring his status. Aubrey is my captaincy loop.

Miami likely have upside on defence and Chicago are the obvious cheap option as backup. I dont think Chicago's defence can get any worse either. Anyway, thats where my head is at currently.

Screen Shot 2023-09-01 at 12.49.48 pm.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always great when your rookie QB at QB3 outscores the two big dogs - and Jackson as C was a disaster.

Not unhappy with the overall score of 458, though with no one left in MNF

450 with Wilson to come. Lamar and Hurts combined for less than A.Rich on the bench. Hurts as captain was the wrong call too.

My PODs did s**t - Pierce, Dotson, Juwan Johnson & Ferguson. Happy to have Ekeler, Hill, Ridley, JJ, CMC etc prop up my score. 74 points for Dallas DEF is just insane. I just couldnt watch much of that game, men against boys stuff!

I think im happy with most of my team though. Everyone that had Dallas DEF will have an inflated score but otherwise given my POD fails, i think im content with my score.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back