AFL RDT 2024 AFL RDT Pre Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm interested to see how Sportsdeck decide to treat Opening Round. I assume they'll take the easy way just as Fantasy have and simply treat it as if it didn't happen and we then have to navigate an additional 4 bye rounds.
I'm hoping that they will be more creative and hold all the scores from opening round. When the relevant sides have their byes in rounds 2, 3, 5 & 6 the scores from opening round count for the players you field during those rounds. It then makes Opening round relevant.
Example being that even though Brisbane and Carlton have the bye in round 2, you could put players in your team from these two sides and get whatever score they achieved in opening round.
My only condition would be that you couldn't use any of those players as your C.

If Sportsdeck do go the way of ignoring scores from Opening round, I think I will choose not to select premiums who play in said round if it's a 50/50 from one player to another. If I'm playing best 18 during these bye rounds, I'd rather have all my premiums counting.

I'm interested to see how Sportsdeck decide to treat Opening Round. I assume they'll take the easy way just as Fantasy have and simply treat it as if it didn't happen and we then have to navigate an additional 4 bye rounds.
I'm hoping that they will be more creative and hold all the scores from opening round. When the relevant sides have their byes in rounds 2, 3, 5 & 6 the scores from opening round count for the players you field during those rounds. It then makes Opening round relevant.
Example being that even though Brisbane and Carlton have the bye in round 2, you could put players in your team fromwill have a score from them during these stupid early byes. these two sides and get whatever score they achieved in opening round.
My only condition would be that you couldn't use any of those players as your C.
I'm with you on this. Would make it much easier to pick the players I want knowing Iwould have a score from them during these stupid early byes. Can't be that hard surely.

I don't have the subscription, but can put an approximate side together, and if they do go with not counting scores from the first week, tempted to build a side with no players ,(except rookies), from those teams. Means missing value in Grundy, Gawn Walsh, Coleman, Flanders & Miller; but I think it can be done.

I'm with you on this. Would make it much easier to pick the players I want knowing Iwould have a score from them during these stupid early byes. Can't be that hard surely.

I don't have the subscription, but can put an approximate side together, and if they do go with not counting scores from the first week, tempted to build a side with no players ,(except rookies), from those teams. Means missing value in Grundy, Gawn Walsh, Coleman, Flanders & Miller; but I think it can be done.
Based on the assumption that they'll go the same way as fantasy, I've reduced the number of top line players who are playing opening round in my initial squad.
I don't think you can afford to not use any of them as it will be a waste of trades in bringing them in later. Hence, I currently have Whitfield, Coleman, Grundy, Walsh and Flanders in. There's probably 3 others that I would start with if they go the way I have suggested to them.
If RDT want to stop losing members year after year they need to start being a little different. I mean, currently their rules are exactly the same as SC with the only difference being the ridiculous scoring system in SC.

Example being that even though Brisbane and Carlton have the bye in round 2, you could put players in your team from these two sides and get whatever score they achieved in opening round.
Do you know when it opens sportsdeck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back