Not open for further replies.

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
Faux and arrogance.. if that's part of his make up.. good! Educating him to pull his head in for this and that and all that and that re.. well what are you effectively doing and that re.. handing over the ascendancy to your opponent/s. Building another team of cyborgs. Richmond are pigs mate.

magpies42

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
TBH I’m a little over it myself.

He’s signed a contract to play for Collingwood for the next four years and he’s talking about being upset that GWS didn’t speak to him. It’s alright to be upset, but use it as motivation don’t tell the world. That one’s easily deflected by saying “there’s a lot of talented guys in the pool so for them not to speak to me says more for their quality than anything else” because for all Daicos knows they didn’t speak to him because Collingwood and GWS have a nudge nudge wink wink relationship on the bid. His management need to take some responsibility for that comment because surely he’s had enough media training to know that’s not what Collingwood fans want him saying.

Don’t get me wrong I’m all in on him talent wise he’s the best in the draft, but I haven’t enjoyed him doing the rounds of late and the humility that he’s been said to have has been lacking, IMO.

Yes, he’ll walk out in Rd 1 as one of our best 10-15 players. I think it gets lost in the wash a bit because he’s only now draft eligible, but if he were a week older he’d probably have 15-20 AFL matches under his belt and in 2021 he was a professional footballer after graduating school in 2020.
Yep and wanting to go as high as possible knowing that will hurt the club in its ability to bring quality players in is just a ludicrous statement. Use it as motivation, don’t give the opposition and media ammunition!!

I can see it now, first sign of a poor game or not playing the media will be all over the comments pre draft. Poor play, and good comment on the player manager he should really be coaching him.

barrackers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep and wanting to go as high as possible knowing that will hurt the club in its ability to bring quality players in is just a ludicrous statement. Use it as motivation, don’t give the opposition and media ammunition!!

I can see it now, first sign of a poor game or not playing the media will be all over the comments pre draft. Poor play, and good comment on the player manager he should really be coaching him.
Reminded me of something a young Nathan Buckley would have said. The article Jen2310 posted summed it up well, confidence vs the perception of arrogance. I like his drive and focus, but there’s a fine balance in public comments potentially being taken the wrong way.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
Reminded me of something a young Nathan Buckley would have said. The article Jen2310 posted summed it up well, confidence vs the perception of arrogance. I like his drive and focus, but there’s a fine balance in public comments potentially being taken the wrong way.
He's a Collingwood player you can count on the media take the dark spin at every opportunity.

Big Bryza

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 11, 2006
MCG
AFL Club
Collingwood
Probably a contrary opinion, I feel he’s pumping up his own tires too much. I get that most plays will think that way, and he’s saying what he thinks…it is refreshing however he is healing expectation on himself and even more pressure. He’s already the son of a great, highly regarded…expectations will be sky high, don’t make it worse.

If I was an opposition player, I’d be looking at him as smug little so and so and id make sure he earns his stripes. Look what we did to Jack Watts, guy never recovered.
Go listen to any interview Jack Watts does. He never had the same mindset or level of confidence that Nick Daicos is showing.

The beauty is, we have a group of coaches who will do the right thing by Nick, which unfortunately for Jack there wasn't the same level of care.

magpies42

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
Go listen to any interview Jack Watts does. He never had the same mindset or level of confidence that Nick Daicos is showing.

The beauty is, we have a group of coaches who will do the right thing by Nick, which unfortunately for Jack there wasn't the same level of care.
Yet still got smashed by our players for being a hot shot number 1 pick. AFL Is not the game you want to have a target on your back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Margot Robbie's Shaving Team...
I see derek is going to talk to the AFL site people again later today.... i wonder what he can add to last week's interview or the week before that...

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Margot Robbie's Shaving Team...
"[A few years later] he was at a camp down at Deakin, and I hadn't seen him in a while but he was doing a bit of stuff and I thought: 'He's a little bit better than I thought he was!'"

Evidently derek saw that Nick was born in January and told the rest of the recruiting staff that since he wasnt born in December, he was useless....plus derek didn't much like the support his family was giving him

Moore of the Same

Premiership Player
Mar 31, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Leeds United
There's a big part of me that would love him to keep the 35 for his career.. yet there's something poetic about wearing it for year one and then moving on. Its like graduating from being Peter Daicos' kid, to being his own man.

Too excited.

Jen2310

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
There's a big part of me that would love him to keep the 35 for his career.. yet there's something poetic about wearing it for year one and then moving on. Its like graduating from being Peter Daicos' kid, to being his own man.

Too excited.
he did say in the going places doco, he would like to keep it, but will have to wait and see what the club decides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad