Nineteen Ninety Seven. Crows Doco

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched it, I feel a little nostalgic and emotional now. I was 14 and remember vividly the impact the Crows had on Adelaide during the 90's.

The constant noise from Port supporters about our lack of history. Well we were there, these aren't stories from our grandparents, we lived our history and our club built modern football in South Australia.

I'm pumped for tomorrow night!

Just watched it, had to watch it before the game because if we lose it would just depress me.

Great watch though. Only criticisms were it was a bit short, almost seemed to gloss over the GF by the time it got to it, and the super fake radio announcer grabs were just cringeworthy. "That was *popular band from this year*, how about that *popular event from this year*, anyway, lets talk about *Specific Crows game*."

Watching it though you just get a sense of how many stars have to align for it to happen. Please let those bastards line up this year.

Great watch though. Only criticisms were it was a bit short, almost seemed to gloss over the GF by the time it got to it, and the super fake radio announcer grabs were just cringeworthy. "That was *popular band from this year*, how about that *popular event from this year*, anyway, lets talk about *Specific Crows game*."

i thought that too, the GF was only show in the last 15 minutes, thought they might have shown the day after in Adelaide and such aswell

cant believe the amount of people at the showgrounds, hadn't really seen any of it before
It was hot, crowded boring in parts but so exciting cheering and yelling for each and every player. Bickley could have farted again and people would have cheered :D

Somewhere in the crowd shot is a frustrated father and mother of 2 under 5s trying to get closer '' for the kids mate carn'' ;)

It was hot, crowded boring in parts but so exciting cheering and yelling for each and every player. Bickley could have farted again and people would have cheered :D

Somewhere in the crowd shot is a frustrated father and mother of 2 under 5s trying to get closer '' for the kids mate carn'' ;)

i missed at that being in Melbourne that weekend, it was good to see

I was still drunk by the time the showgrounds happened. Started drinking on game day at 11 am and was drinking at 4 am the next day. Up at 8 am on the Sunday to watch the footy shows and drink more. It was a glorious weekend. Cried a lot. Gee it was good.

Just watched it, I feel a little nostalgic and emotional now. I was 14 and remember vividly the impact the Crows had on Adelaide during the 90's.

The constant noise from Port supporters about our lack of history. Well we were there, these aren't stories from our grandparents, we lived our history and our club built modern football in South Australia.

My answer to those comments directed at me was always, 'Do you want to be dictated to by history, or create it?'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing that I havent seen replayed is I think it was Jamo hanging out the pilots window of the plane as they arrived back in Adelaide with the cup in hand.

Also ch7 replaying the GF over and over again all night. Normal scheduling was out the window lol.

I remember that photo! Can't find a picture of it anywhere though!

I seem to remember it was a good year for SA sporting wise.
Didn't SA teams win Sheffield Shield and Basketball finals as well??
Time may had warped these memories.

Just watched it, had to watch it before the game because if we lose it would just depress me.

Watching it though you just get a sense of how many stars have to align for it to happen. Please let those bastards line up this year.
Saw this last night as I was putting the cat out.
IMG_0089.JPG

I didn't realise they were fake, actually didn't mind the grabs.

We won the Shield in 1996 and won the NBL in 1998, but a good period for SA teams

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It wasn't too bad for our SA teams, but the doubling up that happened was Pat Rafter at the US Open, Rob Harvey on the Brownlow, and my Denver Broncos at the Superbowls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back