PS4 Nioh

Remove this Banner Ad

Twilight is nuts. Thought I'd finally give it a go as it was only the first mission/boss. Boss didn't give me a lot of grief but stuff me how much troll trash was there. I was spamming R3 and finding heaps of cheeky buggers lying in grass but it was the untargetable ones that nearly unstuck me several times. Even despite being massively overlevelled the Twilight missions are probably what will separate the men from the boys unless whimps like me resort to summoning in help.

Twilight is nuts. Thought I'd finally give it a go as it was only the first mission/boss. Boss didn't give me a lot of grief but stuff me how much troll trash was there. I was spamming R3 and finding heaps of cheeky buggers lying in grass but it was the untargetable ones that nearly unstuck me several times. Even despite being massively overlevelled the Twilight missions are probably what will separate the men from the boys unless whimps like me resort to summoning in help.
The new game plus twilight missions can be bloody brutal, waiting of rthe twlight missions to unlock is a pain, I want my damn platinum.

At the Iga Escape now. Only boss given me trouble so far was Hiro Enma? The vampire.

But managed to get revenge on one shot as a twilight mission!

So far I'm finding the game challenging but not suicidal just yet!

Anyone got the platinum yet? Wondering how hard it is! I've platted bloodborne, dks2, dks3 and 97% demons and dks1. Wondering which this plat compares to?

At the Iga Escape now. Only boss given me trouble so far was Hiro Enma? The vampire.

But managed to get revenge on one shot as a twilight mission!

So far I'm finding the game challenging but not suicidal just yet!

Anyone got the platinum yet? Wondering how hard it is! I've platted bloodborne, dks2, dks3 and 97% demons and dks1. Wondering which this plat compares to?
More in line with Bloodborne, takes longer but less difficult. Only really challenging trophy is beating the 2 extra mission post game but even that you can cheese if you want.

I've only just got some more time back up my sleeve since this came out so I've been able to spend more than an hour or two on it at a time and as such have only just made it to the second region. Love everything so far, especially the challenge but the only boss I'm calling bullshit on as yet is that lone samurai in a field in a sub mission. Can't remember his name. I can do everything right, read his tells, dodge through his dash, make him use all his Ki so I can drop him and crit him, but every so often he just turns on beast mode and destroys me. I've since left so I can level up more (currently 41 which I thought would have been plenty) and get some more gear and will later return and try to cheese him on the rock to the side that I kept using to avoid him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you happen to do a twilight mission coop through torii gate it counts too. I wasn't sure if they were classed as different missions but they are. There was a twilight last night but for a level I had only just completed so I was holding off on doing but wanted to do some coop to grind Amrita and gear and it chucked us in that mission anyway. Sure enough it counted.

It's is but if youre only playing a few hours a day you will get naturally as you progress.

I'm up to the final mission and i've only done one to tick off that trophy. Never felt a need tbh, the loot isn't anything special from twilight missions.

Got the plat. Love this game to bits.

beta_condition how do you compare this to the souls games?
I think like the early Soul games they struggle with balancing a bit, for the most part it's really good but magic like Sloth is really game breaking on bosses.

Combat it's clearly a step up from a Souls game, great set of combos and weapon move sets and everything just feels satisfying when you pull a move off, however I feel some bosses don't utilize the best of the combat as you seen in a Fromsoft game.

Biggest let down was enemy variety much like Dark Souls 2 in that regard. However combat was so strong and fluid I didn't mind.

The real strength of this game is the end game, unlike a Souls game which is just beat this harder version there's some real depth to be hard in running through the missions again. I'd like to see different co-op modes where a group can take on Twilight missions which are scaled to your level, farming items in this game is so damn fun.

Compared to a Souls game.

+ Combat, skill trees, items system, item crafting

- enemy variety/design, boss fights, music

Probably just novelty but I'm liking this clan thing. Sure it looks like everyone is just joining the same clan but it's an incentive to coop with randoms to spend glory on gear. I only completed one story mission and three sides tonight, spent the rest just grinding coop.

Intending on getting the plat too so hoarding my gold, does it come by a bit easier later in the game? I'm sitting on 600k and would love to upgrade a heap of set pieces but it costs so much so I'm holding off.

Probably just novelty but I'm liking this clan thing. Sure it looks like everyone is just joining the same clan but it's an incentive to coop with randoms to spend glory on gear. I only completed one story mission and three sides tonight, spent the rest just grinding coop.

Intending on getting the plat too so hoarding my gold, does it come by a bit easier later in the game? I'm sitting on 600k and would love to upgrade a heap of set pieces but it costs so much so I'm holding off.
In new game it's really easy to farm items for cash.

I think like the early Soul games they struggle with balancing a bit, for the most part it's really good but magic like Sloth is really game breaking on bosses.

Combat it's clearly a step up from a Souls game, great set of combos and weapon move sets and everything just feels satisfying when you pull a move off, however I feel some bosses don't utilize the best of the combat as you seen in a Fromsoft game.

Biggest let down was enemy variety much like Dark Souls 2 in that regard. However combat was so strong and fluid I didn't mind.

The real strength of this game is the end game, unlike a Souls game which is just beat this harder version there's some real depth to be hard in running through the missions again. I'd like to see different co-op modes where a group can take on Twilight missions which are scaled to your level, farming items in this game is so damn fun.

Compared to a Souls game.

+ Combat, skill trees, items system, item crafting

- enemy variety/design, boss fights, music

Yeah it's strange you're literally killing the same enemies all game but because the combat is so damn good you don't notice as much as you should. Don't know how i can play DS now without the combos, they're so much fun.

I do agree with the Bosses aswell, hardly any memorable bosses in this as they're all a bit forgettable.

Yeah it's strange you're literally killing the same enemies all game but because the combat is so damn good you don't notice as much as you should. Don't know how i can play DS now without the combos, they're so much fun.

I do agree with the Bosses aswell, hardly any memorable bosses in this as they're all a bit forgettable.
First 3 bosses (Mr.Dotheyhanglow, Count Chocula's Wife and Electric Trico) were the best in design/challenge.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back