No regrets about not trading Jacobs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah ok. You asked for an example of what North could have done to improve the offer given their position. I suggested they could have traded Greenwood as an example. I too don't know if we even wanted him in the first place or if we even inquired about him. Either way, Greenwood is contracted and wasn't one of the duds North tried to heap on us so he would have been off the table. Does that make Greenwood a required player? Well he is contracted and North claimed him as required but he only played 5 games in 2012 - maybe he's required for depth. I used the Greenwood example because he appears to be on the outer at North and there were whispers that he'd very happily return to SA. It was only ever an example of a way North could have improved their offer not what they should have done.

Well that's the thing, you can't just make blanket statements about how somebody 'screwed' you without offering an alternative of what you would've done better in their position. Whether pick 37 is fair value for Jacobs or not, I find it hard to see what North should've done differently without unnecessarily disadvantaging themselves. If they'd had a pick in the late 20's at their disposal then you could possibly argue that they didn't trade in good faith, but they didn't have that pick.

I think that we are lucky that this hasn't escalated ....yet.
Nice restraint from both sides.

Try reading the D&T board thread on the matter, you'll see that that's very wrong. Most neutral supporters have said the same 'pick 37 > assorted spuds' argument that I have.

It's really 2 different parts of our list equation though.

Ist part we contract & retain those blokes that we want. The players we have kept have nothing to do with the Ben Jacobs situation. Whether or not some we did retain should have been discarded is something for a different thread.

2nd part is all about Ben Jacobs, were we playing hard ball coz we really wanted to retain him, hence making it as difficult as possible, I'm not sure, our guys were making noises in that direction. If so we rolled the dice, I have no problem with that.

The Roos supporters with the anal & **** you noises can go take the old flying leap.

Walkouts like this galvanize teams
he won't see 20 games, he's not even worth pick 137
I will lmao and deliberately follow their match day threads to read their fans slaughter the club for wasting pick on him "no wonder noone picked him before us. No wonder port didn't fight for him"
I think once some of you see.him playing for another club you'll recognise just how bad a player he truly is.

may our players flatten the big soil, lean down to him and give him a spray.

what round do we play north? Please.be inside 7 rounds. If after rd12 the contest won't happen

loser will very quickly be.forgotten

The biggest insult for mine was the soulless creature getting his jumper given to him by Wazza! A waste of a true legends time, I wonder how the big man feels?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huh. The campaigner can smile.

261112_numbers_ia.jpg

I would have traded him for a mintie wrapper ... and it needn't have had a mintie in it!! The guy was a useless tosser and I would have given him to North gift wrapped. I'm sick of useless, under built, spineless, I miss Mummy type players. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Let's move on. We have got a spot to give to a real man who can play real football. Bye Bye Benny.

If Thomas does one thing for the rest of his career, I hope its knocking him the **** out.

I too hope Thomas only does one thing for the rest of his career. If that one thing is knocking out Jacobs, that's a bonus.

I like how they all reckon hes not in their top 35 players, yet the club gives him #5 :cool:
That's because those dickheads on the bigfooty NM board are stupid campaigners and have no idea about football.

If Thomas does one thing for the rest of his career, I hope its knocking him the **** out.

You just know Michael Wilson would make him "earn" his kicks against us.

Or should I say ill-directed kick (singular).

I think having to convince someone to stay was always a mistake on our part. Paying nothing for him was simply a step in the right direction. We're really gonna miss that loopy floating kick coming out of our backline :rolleyes:

Ah ok. You asked for an example of what North could have done to improve the offer given their position. I suggested they could have traded Greenwood as an example. I too don't know if we even wanted him in the first place or if we even inquired about him. Either way, Greenwood is contracted and wasn't one of the duds North tried to heap on us so he would have been off the table. Does that make Greenwood a required player? Well he is contracted and North claimed him as required but he only played 5 games in 2012 - maybe he's required for depth. I used the Greenwood example because he appears to be on the outer at North and there were whispers that he'd very happily return to SA. It was only ever an example of a way North could have improved their offer not what they should have done.

The number 24 believe he was close to senior selection on a few occasions, but nothing went this way.

“You look at the midfield and you’ve got Gibbo (Sam Gibson) stepping up, Liam Anthony, Jack (Ziebell), Spitta (Andrew Swallow), Basti (Ryan Bastinac)…all those boys.

“There’s just immense competition for spots which is really good for the footy club.

“It’s been a little bit frustrating, mainly last year because I was right in the mix to play senior footy and my body let me down in the end. I was coming off the back of a few good games and thought I might be able to get a look-in but unfortunately this injury came up and these things happen I guess.

“I didn’t feel like I was playing bad footy, I think I just came out of the team at the wrong time…just before we had that winning streak and then they didn’t make too many changes. I was starting to play some good footy in the seconds and it just made it hard. When my opportunity did come up, I wasn’t able to fill the spot because of my foot and it just put me right back so it was frustrating heading towards the end.”

“The foot injury that put me out for a few weeks toward the end of last year and after a few scans I was put in for surgery to get it fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back