Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Not much to like about the Demons. In reality winning no finals the past two seasons has made them about the 6th best team. This year they may simply drop out of finals altogether.
I maintain the same sentiment from the start of the season, moreso the first sentence.

They'll probably go on and win this match and also play finals, but their hideous ball movement in particular is a common failing theme of the past three seasons.

I maintain the same sentiment from the start of the season, moreso the first sentence.

They'll probably go on and win this match and also play finals, but their hideous ball movement in particular is a common failing theme of the past three seasons.

I have a misplaced faith in their mids and defenders. A month ago I had us pencilled in to lose in a fortnight's time. After the Brisbane Melbourne clash I thought we may be a chance. Tonight I think we'll get a % boost, and we're on 140%.

I have a misplaced faith in their mids and defenders. A month ago I had us pencilled in to lose in a fortnight's time. After the Brisbane Melbourne clash I thought we may be a chance. Tonight I think we'll get a % boost, and we're on 140%.
May is having a few Old Yeller moments this year and they miss Salem's effective rebound.

Midfield wise, Oliver gets a lot of it but how much does any damage? Warhorse would love him as he has high game time and numbers. Petracca remains their only midfielder who really cuts you up. Viney is good (shocking tonight though) but he was better last season.

Then sides without a high functioning forward line are always going to be susceptible to these grind fests. Fritsch is just good for goals. Pickett when he's on gives them a massive boost but is inconsistent. Otherwise there isn't much going on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May is having a few Old Yeller moments this year and they miss Salem's effective rebound.

Midfield wise, Oliver gets a lot of it but how much does any damage? Warhorse would love him as he has high game time and numbers. Petracca remains their only midfielder who really cuts you up. Viney is good (shocking tonight though) but he was better last season.

Then sides without a high functioning forward line are always going to be susceptible to these grind fests. Fritsch is just good for goals. Pickett when he's on gives them a massive boost but is inconsistent. Otherwise there isn't much going on.
When it was clicking it worked, but the wheels have fallen off.

When it was clicking it worked, but the wheels have fallen off.
Midway through 2021 until round 10 2022 they were electric. Complete buy in, their forwards stepped up and their midfield + defence was in God mode. Before and after that period their flaws have been exploitable. They play dumb, predictable football. But a lot of teams still don't apply the necessary heat or quality post-intercept to punish them, hence the Demons have remained thereabouts.

Anyway, I'd be very disappointed if we lose to them next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back