Injury 2024 Season Geelong Cats Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, it appears we're far more reliably informed these days if nothing else.

We got an accurate return date, rather than a vague term.

It seems the club CAN do it after all.
Read earlier pages. Barking up the wrong tree with me.
I don't think that's a valid reason to change.

Well, it appears we're far more reliably informed these days if nothing else.

We got an accurate return date, rather than a vague term.

It seems the club CAN do it after all.
But I’m pretty sure the sky fell in mate, so it ain’t all roses. 😢

Given we've caved and are now listing via another means not linked to any rational logical reasoning, I will choose blame Trump's re-election at the end of the year on this alone. Look (pre-emptively) what you've all done!

This week's injury update was a textbook example of what's possible when you actually do nothing more than share current information cogently.

• Guth progresses through his rehab in a systematic manner, and can now return to play. TICK
  • Edwards and Furphy have to ease up on their recovery programs and therefore their projected return dates, in the interests of avoiding further injury. TICK
  • Stewart and Foster are dealing with concussion issues, and are consequently unavailable for selection. TICK

A simple and informative update, delivered with minimum fuss. All that was ever asked of anyone in the entire process.

Yes, it's clear that 'nobody returns to play any faster' by instituting this system. But it does treat all the interested parties like adults, which is definitely a rather pleasant change.

#goodworkcats

Everyone is happy because we have good availability.

We wouldn't be delighted if we had 9 best 22 out with:

-1-4 weeks
-3-5 weeks
-7-10 weeks

etc listed in our weekly injury reports.

As opposed to:

-short term
-medium term
-long term

Anyway, it's a credit to the club for seeing what they can get away with under the new guidelines and making those who were angry, now happy. We want happy people supporting our club.

Edit: does not apply to goyoucatters

Last edited:
Everyone is happy because we have good availability.

We wouldn't be delighted if we had 9 best 22 out with:

-1-4 weeks
-3-5 weeks
-7-10 weeks

etc listed in our weekly injury reports.

As opposed to:

-short term
-medium term
-long term

Anyway, it's a credit to the club for seeing what they can get away with under the new guidelines and making those who were angry, now happy. We want happy people supporting our club.

Of course supporters are happy because we have good availability. But there is no connection whatsoever for me between that fact and the reality that I approve of the specificity now in place around injury list updates across the AFL. Given that, I would still be as pleased about this improved level of coherent communication from the club on injuries if we actually had a dozen players unavailable at the moment.

In the end, it's just sensible and courteous to treat people who are invested in the availability of the playing list at the club with a measure of respect. Nothing more, nothing less.

Of course supporters are happy because we have good availability. But there is no connection whatsoever for me between that fact and the reality that I approve of the specificity now in place around injury list updates across the AFL. Given that, I would still be as pleased about this improved level of coherent communication from the club on injuries if we actually had a dozen players unavailable at the moment.

In the end, it's just sensible and courteous to treat people who are invested in the availability of the playing list at the club with a measure of respect. Nothing more, nothing less.
No worries. I have edited my post!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back