Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

IF Reid decides to leave Eagles at some stage in the future, how much of it will be down to the media attention?

I know they love their shiny new “toy”, but surely there comes a point where it just becomes too much - I’m not suggesting he would be without attention had he been playing here in Vic, but feel like it would be a few notches down as the attention gets spread around a lot more out here

I don't get the whole "home sickness" with players. Plenty of people have to travel away from home for work and don't get paid near as much.

That said, if he comes to the Cats, I'll full endorse it. The melts from the wider AFL community will be biblical :grinv1:

Every 3rd post on BF blasphemes and belittles Christians.

Full of hypocritical bigots this place.

Everyone just jumps on the next cause celebre.

If you believe that to be the case, please report the comment and bring it to the attention of the mod teams across BF. Especially if you believe the content goes against the terms & rules of BF as per the following:

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which:
  • defamatory,
  • threatening,
  • abusive,
  • bigotry,
  • likely to offend,

ARGUE THE POINT - DON'T CROSS THE LINE TO GOING THE POSTER

We're all old enough & be around BF for enough time to know what is & isn't acceptable behaviour. And if you can't reply without crossing the line to that of personal attacks & abusive, THEN DON'T REPLY

Failure to understand where that line is & crossing over it will result in infractions - take a timeout if you feel yourself getting close to that line

ARGUE THE POINT - DON'T CROSS THE LINE TO GOING THE POSTER

We're all old enough & be around BF for enough time to know what is & isn't acceptable behaviour. And if you can't reply without crossing the line to that of personal attacks & abusive, THEN DON'T REPLY

Failure to understand where that line is & crossing over it will result in infractions - take a timeout if you feel yourself getting close to that line
In business I was always told to write the email as a draft. Go away for a bit or go home. Then come back later and review. 99 times out of 100 you would not send it.

Same goes here

If you believe that to be the case, please report the comment and bring it to the attention of the mod teams across BF. Especially if you believe the content goes against the terms & rules of BF as per the following:

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which:
  • defamatory,
  • threatening,
  • abusive,
  • bigotry,
  • likely to offend,
I have a number of times.

Always ignored.

But that's not really the point.

Its either wrong or not, that is my point.

I think it's terrible to abuse someone for their same sex attraction, even though I think that SSA is at odds with both a theistic worldview, and an atheistic worldview.

I really don't think the 'work place' is relevant if we are talking ethical stands made by the AFL.

Should players be suspended for 5 weeks for calling someone a "hecken dickhead"?

I don't think the AFL would look sideways.

But if you said that in the classroom, or Drs suite, or office, etc.

Well......

No consistency.

Every 3rd post on BF blasphemes and belittles Christians.

Full of hypocritical bigots this place.

Everyone just jumps on the next cause celebre.
That explains your weird view on the matter

The AFL is still a workplace just like any other where their is a code of conduct to follow and if breach their are penalties

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a number of times.

Always ignored.

But that's not really the point.

You’re claim is
“Every 3rd post on BF blasphemes and belittles Christians.”

Do you think that’s likely just more than a slight exaggeration…

I haven’t seen one report against a post on the Geelong board on the basis of the use of blasphemes or for belittling Christians in the reported post - and I’m pretty sure that across my 10+ years of being a member on BF, that posts promoting religious intolerance have never been accepted

The reality is though that swearing is part of life, with those words often used to emphasise a point - best course of action is to not direct said language directly at another poster

And intolerance towards others, whether on the basis of religion, sexuality , gender etc, won’t be tolerated

From Tuggers Board:

"Here's a sad and sobering stat:

If you were to gather all Richmond Round 10 win-loss + percentage records from our very first season in 1908 until now, our Round 10 record in 2024 would rank last. Yep, in 116 years, we just witnessed our worst start to the season ever by seeing us go 1-9 with a percentage of 59.6%."

Sad.
Que?

Pretty sure that's not what that word means

It’s almost like you don’t like being abused for something you identify with …the irony
No. It would only be ironic if I was abusing someone for something they identify "as".
Which I have not.

You have made the assumptions.

I'm pointing out hypocritical BF posters ( and the footy world in general) who make idols of causes and ideologies.

I rejoice at being considered worthy of even small persecutions for Jesus sake. I'm not upset, bar the fact that you and others clearly hate God, and think you are justified in doing so.

That is a one way ticket a miserable eternity, and a crumbling society, which we are now witnessing.

No. It would only be ironic if I was abusing someone for something they identify "as".
Which I have not.

I'm pointing out hypocritical BF posters ( and the footy world in general) who make idols of causes and ideologies.

I rejoice at being considered worthy of even small persecutions for Jesus sake. I'm not upset, bar the fact that you and others clearly hate God, and think you are justified in doing so.

That is a one way ticket a miserable eternity, and a crumbling society, which we are now witnessing.
Narcissistic behaviour is a concerning trait but you live the life you want to that’s how tolerance works

You’re claim is
“Every 3rd post on BF blasphemes and belittles Christians.”

Do you think that’s likely just more than a slight exaggeration…

I haven’t seen one report against a post on the Geelong board on the basis of the use of blasphemes or for belittling Christians in the reported post - and I’m pretty sure that across my 10+ years of being a member on BF, that posts promoting religious intolerance have never been accepted

The reality is though that swearing is part of life, with those words often used to emphasise a point - best course of action is to not direct said language directly at another poster

And intolerance towards others, whether on the basis of religion, sexuality , gender etc, won’t be tolerated
Come on.

Have you guys never heard of hyperbole?

Well look back over just the last couple of pages of this thread alone, and count the blasphemy and belittling.

Night

People who reject Jesus, usually know very, very little about him, the bible or the Christian faith.

They often fall into the category of "a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing ".

Read Acts 5:17-42. Esp. V41
Do you remember what I said about assumptions? knowledge is the first step towards forming your own world view. It’s not the same as yours but I don’t preach what I believe or don’t believe in to anyone let alone on a public forum like Bigfooty

Which I have not.

Considering the claims of hypocrisy…

It may be best to watch the unfounded claims one is making, especially with the assumptions of others & the beliefs they may or may not hold

Besides all that, regardless of ones place of employment - be it AFL or whatever, employees agree to abide by a code of conduct & if one breaches that CoC, then there’s likely going to be a form of punishment that’ll be awaiting them. And the AFL have advised there’s a line not to be crossed when out on the field in regards to what is permittable as banter/sledge between players - religion, sexuality, family etc, are all lines that we know aren’t to be crossed in said sledging. If a player is stupid enough to cross one of those lines, they’re going to spend time on the sidelines, and if one is stupid enough to not pay enough to suspensions already handed out & go down the same path, then they deserve extra time on the sidelines for the double stupidity

Surely it’s not that hard to not cross the unacceptable line when it comes to sledging

Considering the claims of hypocrisy…

It may be best to watch the unfounded claims one is making, especially with the assumptions of others & the beliefs they may or may not hold

Besides all that, regardless of ones place of employment - be it AFL or whatever, employees agree to abide by a code of conduct & if one breaches that CoC, then there’s likely going to be a form of punishment that’ll be awaiting them. And the AFL have advised there’s a line not to be crossed when out on the field in regards to what is permittable as banter/sledge. between players - religion, sexuality, family etc, are all lines that we know aren’t to be crossed in said sledging. If a player is stupid enough to cross one of those lines, they’re going to spend time on the sidelines, and if one is stupid enough to not pay enough to suspensions already handed out & go down the same path, then they deserve extra time on the sidelines for the double stupidity

Surely it’s not that hard to not cross the unacceptable line when it comes to sledging

Well said, basically all the points I was going to make but realised you covered it.

Great job mate!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back