Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

'Tough Guy' is how I would put. :winkv1: When was the last time he tried that with a genuine opposition tough guy? I like the NHL better, if you're the enforcer, you go take on the other guys' enforcer. You try to pick on a smaller guy or star, you meet their enforcer face to face and show your toughness. None of that wussy niggle crap, that's performative nonsense.
Fyfe just laughed at him. THen so did O'Meara.

Of course the Suns are back to their normal pathetic selves after the anomaly last week.
Not even an anomaly last week, they get gimme games at T.I.O and can train to the conditions, so they get 2 easy wins up there but doesn't solve their other issues. The frustration is that if we have to play them up on a hot, humid night in Darwin then we should get to host them in the middle of winter in Geelong.

But someone made the same comment you did the other week, and I posted that if you look at their next 5 matches they are a good chance to lose every game til they face North Melbourne which is the 5th or 6th game.

And watch it happen again next year, they will get two games back to back at Darwin again, win 2 on the trot, the media will say "have the Suns finally changed?" and then they will get on another losing streak and shit the bed.

With this loss today, NM have 1 win out of their last 32 games.

That 1 win cost them Harley Reid.

Good times north fans👍
And this is why I say LDU is gettable.

GO Catters

How many other picks did they get in that draft after Reid?
Plenty.

But I am sure they would swap Colby McKercher for Harley Reid.

If they tried to trade McKercher for Reid at the end of this season, how many top 5 draft picks would they need to throw in? I would say at least 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarko is stealing money at North. Yesterday’s man, and totally not the right man for the job at North. Taking a huge wage for the privelege.
I worried he had spent too long out of the game and people credit Clarkson with a lot of things at Hawthorn but remember that he walked into a team that already had Hodge, Croad, Sewell and Osbourne who were guys who won flags there and then added a generational players in Franklin, Lewis and Roughead in his first trade window.
The North situation he has walked into is absolutely dire.

North have... Well... Exactly.
Hawks were shit when Clarkson arrived, but at least they had talent. And then added to it.

North have had enough picks to have built strong youth already yet at the moment the only player you would take off them under 21 would be Sheezel, Duursma and maybe Wardlaw. And who are these kids learning from? Hodge could learn from Crawford, who is Sheezel learning his craft from?

Plenty.

But I am sure they would swap Colby McKercher for Harley Reid.

If they tried to trade McKercher for Reid at the end of this season, how many top 5 draft picks would they need to throw in? I would say at least 4.
Without a doubt, but my point is last draft they had picks 2, 4, 20, 22, 23. Last year it was picks 3, 4, 26, 56. The year before was 1, 22, 35, 38.
Theres enough picks there to build a strong assortment of kids to build around yet its literally just Sheezel or Duursma who are players people would take off them.

Tired of hearing about Lafau's "rugby league background" in commentary...

Good player though, he'll probably give us a few headaches next week.

When are they going to take away the dreamtime game from these two teams if they don't even have enough respect to use their first nations team name?

Oof Shai Bolton just took a very heavy knock here. Hopefully he's out next week against us!

Not even an anomaly last week, they get gimme games at T.I.O and can train to the conditions, so they get 2 easy wins up there but doesn't solve their other issues. The frustration is that if we have to play them up on a hot, humid night in Darwin then we should get to host them in the middle of winter in Geelong.

But someone made the same comment you did the other week, and I posted that if you look at their next 5 matches they are a good chance to lose every game til they face North Melbourne which is the 5th or 6th game.

And watch it happen again next year, they will get two games back to back at Darwin again, win 2 on the trot, the media will say "have the Suns finally changed?" and then they will get on another losing streak and s**t the bed.
It’s what I said last week too

Clarko is stealing money at North. Yesterday’s man, and totally not the right man for the job at North. Taking a huge wage for the privelege.
A really dumb call by all concerned.

Without a doubt, but my point is last draft they had picks 2, 4, 20, 22, 23. Last year it was picks 3, 4, 26, 56. The year before was 1, 22, 35, 38.
Theres enough picks there to build a strong assortment of kids to build around yet its literally just Sheezel or Duursma who are players people would take off them.
There’s no precedent for rebuilding a team this bad into something competitive. Those picks look nice but nobody has any idea whether they’ll be enough. And if they start to leak their existing talent this year, the picks will be meaningless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back