Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Eliminate time on and make each quarter 25mins.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Problem with eliminating time on is that a team with a lead can absolutely shut the game down and chew up the clock by throwing numbers around the ball to force stoppage after stoppage.

If you were to trim time, you'd have to take it from the regular time, not time-on.

Don't really get the debate on Rayner. Has he lived up to to what we thought was his potential? No. Is he a first team pick every week? Obviously. Is the argument that he should be dropped? For who? Gambling on Keays back then to be a better player? Well that would've have been sheer lunacy. I cant remember a single poster advocating for that at the time.

Get to read some weird stuff on this site.

Don't really get the debate on Rayner. Has he lived up to to what we thought was his potential? No. Is he a first team pick every week? Obviously. Is the argument that he should be dropped? For who? Gambling on Keays back then to be a better player? Well that would've have been sheer lunacy. I cant remember a single poster advocating for that at the time.

Get to read some weird stuff on this site.
I don't think anyone suggested Keays would be a better player . There wasn't even a choice.

My points were off the comment that Rayner could win games off his own boot . He tends to attract exaggerated expectations.

Anyway ,let's hope they can all win it off their own boot today.

I enjoy getting up at 445/5. I find it hard to do getting home from night games at 11/1115, living in Carindale. Too long and the start times are far too late.
I had to check who posted this, as I didn't remember typing this out.

You don't ride a Pinarello do you?

Or are you one of the early morning walkers, as there are one or two men who like wearing their old Lions caps, along the Stanmere and Meadowbank street sections of the park walkway.

Or are you one of the early morning walkers, as there are one or two men who like wearing their old Lions caps, along the Stanmere and Meadowbank street sections of the park walkway.

I walk in my gunners guernsey

Enduring this Port Eagles game and I don’t know what the powers that be think Kelly Underwood is remotely a good commentator; just awful.

Finally something we agree on!

Just googled Pinarello out of curiosity and FM those are some expensive bikes. Some of them are the price of a brand new car

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how much they paid someone to come up with that Tassie jersey, its awful.
Clearly stated it is a founding jumper. There will be many designs prior to the team playing it's first AFL game. This jumper is all about kicking up emotion amongst Tasmanians (and over 100 years of history) and getting them on board, which, fair to say, has been pretty successful. Over 15k orders within the first hour, most orders with multiple memberships.

Clearly stated it is a founding jumper. There will be many designs prior to the team playing it's first AFL game. This jumper is all about kicking up emotion amongst Tasmanians (and over 100 years of history) and getting them on board, which, fair to say, has been pretty successful. Over 15k orders within the first hour, most orders with multiple memberships.
Now they just have to vote the right way on Saturday.

I love Hobart and Tassie as a weekend destination but the one concern I have with their stadium is that it will be nigh on impossible getting tickets to games down there without being a member. Perhaps away clubs will be given allocations but I’m really looking forward to the Devils. I think Fagan will be a great addition to them in some footy department role once his time at the Lions ends. Ben Gale would make a great CEO first up too.

I love Hobart and Tassie as a weekend destination but the one concern I have with their stadium is that it will be nigh on impossible getting tickets to games down there without being a member. Perhaps away clubs will be given allocations but I’m really looking forward to the Devils. I think Fagan will be a great addition to them in some footy department role once his time at the Lions ends. Ben Gale would make a great CEO first up too.
Agree, I think Fagan is almost a certainty to end up with the Devils when his time is up with us, Head Of Football would be my tip similar to his role at the Hawks in their Premiership era.

He is in the Tasmanian hall of fame.

Agree, I think Fagan is almost a certainty to end up with the Devils when his time is up with us, Head Of Football would be my tip similar to his role at the Hawks in their Premiership era.

He is in the Tasmanian hall of fame.

I’d give him the Leigh Matthews role (board member with a football perspective).

West Coast has the same problem with capacity versus attendance. Not sure how or even if the Eagles solve it, but if Tassie sells out their stadium almost every game there's going to be a lot of happy campers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back