Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

My view is they’ll get it either end of next season or the season after. They need to gut the list a bit this season and should bottom out in 2 years time. That’s probably when you do it. By then they’ll be a laughing stock.
The biggest problem for West Coast, is that they have almost no best 22 players on their list from the 2016 to 2021 drafts, except for Oscar Allen and Flyin Ryan, and Ryan has now had multiple hamstring surgeries in the last 18 month and can't get on the field.

Part of that is due to the Tim Kelly trade, some of it is bad luck losing players to career ending concussion, or crippling injuries, and part of that has been poor drafting.

And West Coast literally have no players they can trade to generate extra draft picks, that just won't set them back further.

Their list is potentially in far worse shape than what Gold Coast and Norths were, and it's just going to get worse when McGovern, Yeo and Darling retire in the next 2 years. And it looks 50/50 if Barrass retires early from his back injury, which could be as early as the end of this season.

The biggest problem for West Coast, is that they have almost no best 22 players on their list from the 2016 to 2021 drafts, except for Oscar Allen and Flyin Ryan, and Ryan has now had multiple hamstring surgeries in the last 18 month and can't get on the field.

Part of that is due to the Tim Kelly trade, some of it is bad luck losing players to career ending concussion, or crippling injuries, and part of that has been poor drafting.

And West Coast literally have no players they can trade to generate extra draft picks, that just won't set them back further.

Their list is potentially in far worse shape than what Gold Coast and Norths were, and it's just going to get worse when McGovern, Yeo and Darling retire in the next 2 years. And it looks 50/50 if Barrass retires early from his back injury, which could be as early as the end of this season.

McGovern getting 2 years ending 2025 is just insane.
Whoever is doing the contracts/list management should be marched out the door.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne's game style often makes for ordinary games
I like their chances though.

12 more games at the G and a couple v the Eags to come.

Hard to see them missing a prelim at this point.

We have similar experience and talent ..just have to put it together!

What's the go with Daniher particularly ,Cameron and Hipwood ?

They can't seem to buy a free kick.

It costs us games. The umps look straight at Daniher getting his arms chopped 10m away and don't blow the whistle.
He has that diving rep as he goes forward at the slightest contact in his back in such an obvious way. Means they just wont pay him anything else.

What's the go with Daniher particularly ,Cameron and Hipwood ?

They can't seem to buy a free kick.

It costs us games. The umps look straight at Daniher getting his arms chopped 10m away and don't blow the whistle.

Daniher is a driver, but Hippy and Cameron I don't understand.

Cameron is clearly held off the ball on multiple occasions but doesn't get the free.
Only thing I can think of that voids his ability to get a free kick is that he wrestles with his opponent at times. Or the umps hate us.

Hippy I haven't really noticed over the past chunk of games. Hasn't really popped up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back