Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to pick the worst loss this season - probably GWS, but they kicked very flukily for half the game then our fatigue after the game in the wet against the cats caught up.

Freo loss and the carlton capitulation up there as well as brutal brutal losses.
As bad as the Giants game was at least we were the better team for the bulk of the first half despite being flat and fatigued. It was disappointing seeing us give up after half time

The freo game we had a good opening 15 minutes then after Freo scored their first goal we looked completely disinterested and didn't want to work or run for each other for the rest of the game. Don't understand why we decided to play so conservativly as early as red time in the first quarter. When Freo had their tails up we just gave up.

The loss against Collingwood was ultimately just us wasting our opportunities.

Even though it was raining hard in the game against Geelong ,37 points after 4 quarters is unacceptable. Just an overall ugly night.

So the teams we are competing with on the ladder at the moment experience a % booster of 3% tonight. Collingwood (107%) out, Fremantle (110%) in.

This is exactly why our percentage matters now, and it will continue to matter while we are still in mathematical contention.

That free kick against was very unCollingwood-like. We have seen that paid against other teams this year (including us) but unusual to see it paid against Collingwood.

Unlike other teams however that will be the last time you see it paid against Collingwood this year.

Commentators waxing lyrical about the injustice of it all.

On and on and on and on..........

There was some mild consternation about the absolute BS 50 gifted to Collingwood on quarter time but nothing like the indignation about the technical free the other way

On the free kick - pies fans going mental which is very funny. I'm pretty sure Hugh got done for something similar last year sometime? Dropping the ball rather than giving it to the ump maybe?

It’s a free every time. Its just that you see it happen very rarely.

It’s a free every time. Its just that you see it happen very rarely.

Totally get why they are mad though, I was spitting when they paid it against Hugh (that's why I remembered that it happened). It's very technical to apply it to something like that.

But if pies fans want to whinge about umpires paying something that is technically a free kick but in practice is probably often not whistled, that's very funny after last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally get why they are mad though, I was spitting when they paid it against Hugh (that's why I remembered that it happened). It's very technical to apply it to something like that.

But if pies fans want to whinge about umpires paying something that is technically a free kick but in practice is probably often not whistled, that's very funny after last week.

The best outcome would be the afl coming out and saying it was a mistake. For the tears.

On the free kick - pies fans going mental which is very funny. I'm pretty sure Hugh got done for something similar last year sometime? Dropping the ball rather than giving it to the ump maybe?
Yep, Hugh threw it to Big O than giving it straight back to Umpire. Free kick.

Incredible dogwhistle to collingwood fans this from McRae.

"I'm sure the umpires would NEVER pay something that isn't a free"

I look forward to Umpires officiating Pies to the letter. One game like that and the noise will be deafening.

That's the one. Toby Greene dropped the ball on the ground instead of giving it to the umpire earlier in the year, which was a free kick too.

Incredible dogwhistle to collingwood fans this from McRae.

"I'm sure the umpires would NEVER pay something that isn't a free"

Fly pretending not to know its a rule is good stuff as well.

I’m glad this hasn’t been forgotten - I don’t recall the media uproar when it happened to us.

And if I recall correctly, by doing so, Hugh was actually helping get the ball back faster - he was on the ground on the wrong side of the umpire, or something.

I’m quite surprised at how salty McRae is - makes me wonder whether he genuinely doesn’t know the rule?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back