Resource Noobermensch's Player Compilation Videos

Remove this Banner Ad

noobermensch

Club Legend
Apr 21, 2022
AFL Club
Essendon
Do you like being a step ahead of your mates and the first to discover the next Dusty, but you're too lazy to watch hours of junior footy each week? The solution to your problem is right here. I condense down footage of the top draft prospects to produce compilation videos that are short enough to fit the attention span of even the most degenerate millennial.

The problem with normal highlights videos is that only showing the best bits can create a false impression. Condensing an entire season of footy down into a 3 min highlight video can make any player look like a star. My compilations instead attempt to capture all of a prospects interactions with the play, either good, bad, or indifferent, to provide a fuller sense of how they went on the day.

I'm relatively new at this so all feedback is welcome. I've completed all of Harley Reid's available 2023 games, ditto for Nick Watson. I'm working through Zane Duursma next, and Colby McKercher will be after that. If you'd like me to add a particular prospect onto the schedule feel free to let me know.

HARLEY REID:

Talent League Round 1 - Bendigo Pioneers vs GWV Rebels

Talent League Round 2 - Bendigo Pioneers vs Giants Academy

Talent League Round 3 - Bendigo Pioneers vs Tasmania Devils

AFL Academy vs Port Adelaide SANFL

VFL - Carlton vs Footscray

NICK "THE WIZARD" WATSON

Talent League Round 1 - Eastern Rangers vs Sandringham Dragons

Talent League Round 2 - Eastern Rangers vs Gold Coast Suns

Talent League Round 3 - Eastern Rangers vs Northern Knights

AFL Academy vs Port Adelaide SANFL

ZANE DUURSMA

VFL - Casey vs Box Hill

Talent League Round 1 - Gippsland Power vs Murray Bushrangers

Talent League Round 3 - Gippsland Power vs Dandenong Stingrays

COLBY MCKERCHER

Talent League Round 2 - Tasmania Devils vs Western Jets

Last edited:

More Zane Duursma, this time Talent League round 1 for Gippsland Power vs Murray Bushrangers.

His overhead marking, pace and agility were all on show here. The thing that impressed me most was his craft around stoppages. He has an ability to time his move, put some body on his defender, then hit the drop point at speed. I don't have his clearance numbers, but I imagine they must be good.

He also butchered the ball a bit in this game, but it looks as though it was quite windy so he gets a pass.

Zane again, this time Talent League Round 3 vs Dandenong Stingrays.

Started off on fire in Q1 then faded out of the contest. Rookieme stats say he kicked a goal in this game, but if so I missed it.

More Zane Duursma, this time Talent League round 1 for Gippsland Power vs Murray Bushrangers.

His overhead marking, pace and agility were all on show here. The thing that impressed me most was his craft around stoppages. He has an ability to time his move, put some body on his defender, then hit the drop point at speed. I don't have his clearance numbers, but I imagine they must be good.

He also butchered the ball a bit in this game, but it looks as though it was quite windy so he gets a pass.

The ground looked like a sandpit too

Future captain of the new Tassie AFL team Colby McKercher

Found a stack of the footy but his kicking was wayward all game. Swung deep forward in Q4 and looked super dangerous down there, but again his kicking let him down, booting 0 goals 3 behinds from 4 very gettable opportunities.

Colby McKercher in the AFL Academy game

Good to see his kicking skills were solid here, along with his natural agility and speed.

Future captain of the new Tassie AFL team Colby McKercher

Found a stack of the footy but his kicking was wayward all game. Swung deep forward in Q4 and looked super dangerous down there, but again his kicking let him down, booting 0 goals 3 behinds from 4 very gettable opportunities.

Be interesting to see what his status is come October 2027.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the same game Archer Reid was a stand out.

Clunked some marks, kicked some goals, but the most impressive thing to me was the effort to chase and pressure for a big man. Played a nearly 50:50 ruck and forward split.

From the same game Archer Reid was a stand out.

Clunked some marks, kicked some goals, but the most impressive thing to me was the effort to chase and pressure for a big man. Played a nearly 50:50 ruck and forward split.

What would his scope be in the AFL? More of a tall forward with stints in the ruck? Or predominantly a ruckman that rests up forward with impact?

A couple of videos from a game that prominently featured this magnificent Rusty Pole during the broadcast:

RustyPole.png

Often taking pride of place in the middle of the frame and obscuring the action, as it should.

First up Nate Caddy who had a solid game for the Northern Knights.

Nate was a workhorse all game, presenting as a target in the F50 and drawing the ball. He didn't always clunk them, but he competed well and on all bar one occasion at least brought the ball to ground. He played a prominent role in Q4 as Northern finished over the top of Murray to win the game, taking several marks including one huge speccy with the Rusty Pole watching on in admiration.

The second video is of Darcy Wilson from the same game.

It felt like it just wasn't his game here. He worked hard and ran all day, but the ball didn't bounce his way and his team mates burned him on a few occasions. I did feel as though his pressure acts and second efforts which were prominent in round 1 of the talent league were a bit missing here.

He may not have had the best game, but according to the Coates Talent League App, someone named "Darby Wilson" was second best on ground for Murray?

Darby.png

A couple of videos from a game that prominently featured this magnificent Rusty Pole during the broadcast:

View attachment 1678567

Often taking pride of place in the middle of the frame and obscuring the action, as it should.

First up Nate Caddy who had a solid game for the Northern Knights.

Nate was a workhorse all game, presenting as a target in the F50 and drawing the ball. He didn't always clunk them, but he competed well and on all bar one occasion at least brought the ball to ground. He played a prominent role in Q4 as Northern finished over the top of Murray to win the game, taking several marks including one huge speccy with the Rusty Pole watching on in admiration.

The second video is of Darcy Wilson from the same game.

It felt like it just wasn't his game here. He worked hard and ran all day, but the ball didn't bounce his way and his team mates burned him on a few occasions. I did feel as though his pressure acts and second efforts which were prominent in round 1 of the talent league were a bit missing here.

He may not have had the best game, but according to the Coates Talent League App, someone named "Darby Wilson" was second best on ground for Murray?

View attachment 1678574

Darcy Wilson is #4 for Murray and Darby Wilson is #38 for Murray, he is in next year's draft pool

Joel Freijah for the Rebels vs Bendigo in round 1.

A few rounds after this game he opened everyone's eyes with a BOG 6 goal performance. I'll hopefully have that game up soon. This one was less prolific, but you can see the talent. Each possession is damaging. He's very direct, running at goal with the ball and kicking long to his teammates advantage. I imagine his meters gained must be excellent.

Copped a big don't argue from Harley in Q1.

Harley's back in today's VFL game for Carlton vs Brisbane

Found more of the footy this week and was one of the prime movers for a Carlton team that struggled to progress the ball at times on a wet day. They played Harley in defense all game, and even at D50 stoppages he was pushed a kick behind play which felt like a bit of a waste to me.

His tackling pressure was immense all game.

I reckon Darcy Wilson will shine at the Combine, looks a hell of an athlete. Has the footy ability to go with it too.

The way Joel Freijah moves and his body/posture reminds me of Marlion Pickett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back