Opinion North Board-Media & Entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve almost finished the second book Tai-Pan, it’s very good. Completely different from Shogun though. I liked Shogun better. Tbh I’m not sure if Tai-Pan would pass the casual racism test if it was published in this era.
The whole Asian saga is well worth the read, but I found the timeline changes a little off putting, but that's probably just a minor quibble for me. I noticed the trailer for the remake of Shogun just dropped as well and looks pretty awesome, tbh. I really enjoyed the original with Richard Chamberlain, so fingers crossed for this:

The whole Asian saga is well worth the read, but I found the timeline changes a little off putting, but that's probably just a minor quibble for me. I noticed the trailer for the remake of Shogun just dropped as well and looks pretty awesome, tbh. I really enjoyed the original with Richard Chamberlain, so fingers crossed for this:

Yeah really excited about the Shogun series.

I just finished Tai-Pan, which was different but very good. I started Gai-Jin but it didn’t really grab me like the first two books, maybe that’s because I binged the first two so I needed to change it up. I will probably go back to it again at some stage.

I played the last one for an hour and unlike PacMan that was easy to follow, I walked around South Central beating up people and stealing cars and basically having NFI wat I was doing
TIL: Gasometer is a GTA pro

Where do I find this Val?

It’s a podcast but they also have shows that you need to pay for. The trolling of Garth Brooks is incredible.

It’s a podcast but they also have shows that you need to pay for. The trolling of Garth Brooks is incredible.

Ok I might get it and listen to it when I am walking Woof this summer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was rather sceptical when the Ww2 Netflix documentary popped up (From the Frontlines) especially against the 70’s masterpiece ‘The World at War’ but is a perfect accompaniment with many stories being brought up that weren’t covered in W@W

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back