Opinion North Board-Media & Entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

You’re correct mate, there was a series made in the 80’s.

I will definitely listen to the rest of the ‘Asian Saga’ books.

Do they need to be read in chronological order?

1. Shogun: The Epic Novel Of Japan Book.
  2. Tai-Pan Book.
  3. Gai-Jin Book.
  4. King Rat Book.
  5. Noble House Book.
  6. Whirlwind Book.
Don’t have to be done in order, although of course if you’re able to it’s better. They’re almost two different timelines split 3/3. You won’t suffer from spoilers regardless.

Don’t have to be done in order, although of course if you’re able to it’s better. They’re almost two different timelines split 3/3. You won’t suffer from spoilers regardless.

The first 5 are free on Audible if you’re a member. Fair time investment though, Shogun goes for just over 50 hours on its own…can’t stop listening though, I’m making up excuses to do work around the house just to listen. Luckily I can listen during the week when I’m at work too.

The first 5 are free on Audible if you’re a member. Fair time investment though, Shogun goes for just over 50 hours on its own…can’t stop listening though, I’m making up excuses to do work around the house just to listen. Luckily I can listen during the week when I’m at work too.
If you like Shogun as much as I loved it then I recommend Aztec by Gary Jennings.
It’s historical fiction and considered to be a masterpiece.

Why would I be talking North on a North Board?

Exiled from the Main Board. This is Siberia.

Now sit back down and order another dumpling
They didn't quite make Siberia, but I read a book yonks ago about some Russian Explorers circa 1912 - In the Land of White Death - a true story of a sailing ship, some ice, a bit more ice, a whole heap of misfortune and the survival, albeit briefly for one, of 2 men.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you get a PS5 these days or are they still sold out?

If I am to get one...^that^ game will be the reason I do so.
I confess, my Xbox one is sitting there gathering dust after RDR2
That game will make me choose to upgrade

If you like Shogun as much as I loved it then I recommend Aztec by Gary Jennings.

I’ve almost finished the second book Tai-Pan, it’s very good. Completely different from Shogun though. I liked Shogun better. Tbh I’m not sure if Tai-Pan would pass the casual racism test if it was published in this era.

I’ve almost finished the second book Tai-Pan, it’s very good. Completely different from Shogun though. I liked Shogun better. Tbh I’m not sure if Tai-Pan would pass the casual racism test if it was published in this era.
I agree. Not as good as shogun.
Also agree with you on the element of racism. It was a very different world back then.

If you’re into historical fiction Conn Iggulden is your guy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back