Opinion North Board-Media & Entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait, is that possible? Oh man, I missed out.

TBH, I never watched it so I don't know if you could bet on outcomes. But I do know you can bet on things like Master Chef. A couple of years ago, a mate of mine in Hobart found out that a friend of a friend had made the final 3 in Master Chef, when there were still 12 people left in the televised version.

We had a bet on her (Sportsbet?) but there was no each way betting. She came 3rd.

Reckon I’ll check out the book before I watch it.

FTA is dying a slow death.
Recommend that.

There's changes in the show and the book paints a more vivid picture than the show ever can.

Having said that, I did binge the Netflix series yesterday and it holds up pretty well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve never opened that thread but notice it’s always up the top. Judging from the barrage of ads I see I’d say it’s comfortably the worst show I’ve never seen.

Absolutely correct

Worst ever

Funny af thread when it’s up and about

It’s basically a page every 3-5 minutes

It’s unlike anything else on BF

TBH, I never watched it so I don't know if you could bet on outcomes. But I do know you can bet on things like Master Chef. A couple of years ago, a mate of mine in Hobart found out that a friend of a friend had made the final 3 in Master Chef, when there were still 12 people left in the televised version.

We had a bet on her (Sportsbet?) but there was no each way betting. She came 3rd.
They let you bet after the result had been at least partially decided but not publicised?

Wow.

I binged the Lawmen: Bass Reeves last night. It’s not bad, not great, easy watching.

I reckon they tried to use the Judge from blood meridian as an inspiration for the baddie Esau Pierce, it’s just the stuff he says, his philosophy that screams a cheap knock off of the Judge to me. That’s no slight on the makers of the show because the judge is the main reason why Blood Meridian has been labeled impossible to adapt to film.

Anyone else that’s watched it and read Blood Meridian get the same vibe?

I binged the Lawmen: Bass Reeves last night. It’s not bad, not great, easy watching.

I reckon they tried to use the Judge from blood meridian as an inspiration for the baddie Esau Pierce, it’s just the stuff he says, his philosophy that screams a cheap knock off of the Judge to me. That’s no slight on the makers of the show because the judge is the main reason why Blood Meridian has been labeled impossible to adapt to film.

Anyone else that’s watched it and read Blood Meridian get the same vibe?
I haven’t watched it, but the suggestion that a show featuring an antagonist based on the judge could be “easy watching” is curious.

That book is pretty hardcore. Astonishing prose, but hardcore.

I haven’t watched it, but the suggestion that a show featuring an antagonist based on the judge could be “easy watching” is curious.

That book is pretty hardcore. Astonishing prose, but hardcore.

Agree. It’s actually what brings the show down because it’s a reach. I’ve read blood meridian twice and still can’t get a complete understanding of the Judge.

Was just wondering if if anyone else has watched it and picked that up. I don’t think the directors\writers are trying to make him the Judge, but it’s the dialect he uses that reminds me of the Judge.

Edit: I think someone could do a complete thesis of the Judge. Is he the embodiment mans ability for destruction? Is he the embodiment of murder, evil and genius….etc.

Last edited:
I can only highly recommend Boy Swallows Universe on Netflix

Get past the cringy Ep 1 and it ramps up quickly

Wat FTA should have been making these past 5 years..instead we get Love Island

Up to ep 4 and it’s fantastic

Knocked it off over 2 nights Gaso.

Quality show, Quality actors, loved it.

Knocked it off over 2 nights Gaso.

Quality show, Quality actors, loved it.
Wut did you think of the final scenes in the finale?

i was disappointed; the mad laboratory and then the Champion presentation with Lyles head and the tower…I thought it let the whole show down from a 10/10 to an 8/10

Wut did you think of the final scenes in the finale?

i was disappointed; the mad laboratory and then the Champion presentation with Lyles head and the tower…I thought it let the whole show down from a 10/10 to an 8/10

Could have been done better, cheapened it a bit i think but i still loved it. Definitely could have toned down the Loony Tunes style ending

Could have been done better, cheapened it a bit i think but i still loved it. Definitely could have toned down the Loony Tunes style ending
Scooby Dooby Doo

Outside of that episode it’s one of the few shows we’ve both enjoyed and actually binged for some years 👍

Does anyone else listen to Theo Vons’s podcast ‘this past weekend’? The latest episode with Shane Gillis had me in tears laughing.

Don’t listen to it if you’re sensitive about anything though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back