Autopsy North v Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

As i said earlier, this was Cameron's only opportunity to gob off. He didn't get another touch all day.

He did make a good show of highlighting the bandage on his knee every tin3he was flogged though.

The textbook definition of taunting.

I don’t have a problem with it, but the w***ers in the media play both sides of the fence depending on who is on the receiving end.

Thats all you can ask, to give their all. Its a sh*t year but we've found some players. The Italian stallion for one - Xerri. Only knows one way, hard. If Vickers-Willis gets some continuity he'll be fine, Mahony looked good. As others have said, it would have been great to have won, but there was a lot to like in what has otherwise been a pretty ordinary season. I'm also sold on Shaw.

Italian stallion isn't X of Maltese heritage?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Zorko really doesn't like any heat.

Can't see the Lions achieving anything with guys like him leading the club.

There were, and still is, a heap of softcocks in that Braves side of 2016.......Bears just need to come up with a plan that can see them carried through the finals series

Like paying off the umps?

Zorko really doesn't like any heat.

Can't see the Lions achieving anything with guys like him leading the club.
I am so surprised to have seen his chickening out as many times as he did yesterday. I really thought that some of the things said about him were exaggerations. But it was really awful, watching a club captain, not just staging or ducking for frees, but genuinely shirking contests and pretending to have taken hits.

I guess that's why there aren't any Bears trolls here today. They would be taking a leaf from their skipper's book and laying low.

Watching a replay it seems to me Durdin does quite a bit and the coaches should be happy with his performance.
Closest thing to an error is the McCarthy mark in the 2nd quarter and that was a 3 on 1.

Also LDU should stay in the middle. Fantastic clearance work. Jy needs to take the second option more instead of blasting away.
Luke is putting together an outstanding year, he's just about as reliable as anyone down back.

Great mark by Bailey in the 3rd, could have easily been a holding free for Mase though in the same play. Luckily Scott got it cos he's much more reliable. Feels like Wood has given up which is a shame, could have been a game breaker once upon a time.

Hopefully next year and moving forward Larkey is the #1 target and Brown #2.
Hoping Hosie gets one more match then a rest if he can't get more involved. I can deal with Xerri in or out, if he's patient he will be with us for a while.

Marley did a good job defensively but he should stick to his limits when rebounding. Not a reliable avenue.
Mahoney looking really good. Was everywhere.

Overall satisfying to watch even with the loss.

I think the most pleasing thing for me is that we had a crack for four quarters. We still made far too many errors and the basic skill level was of a poor standard, but it was just great to see us field so many young/inexperienced players and for them as a group to stand up and be competitive.

I really liked how LDU played, quite often see him do a zig or zag and use the ball well but he was really aggressive this week, was awesome seeing him break the lines and just gun it through the corridor. It sometimes didn't work out well or he was caught a few times but he showed the type of class that sets him apart from the majority of players and it was exciting to watch.

The only real disappointment for me was Wood. Everytime he puts the boots on I hope it will click for him and he will make the most of his talent but it hasn't happened. I think seeing talented players not work out like him, Black, Harper bother me a lot more when guys who never fired a shot. I don't think we can turn Wood around but we have to do a lot better to prevent us failing to get the most out of guys with real talent, especially those who showed it over a number of games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the replay.

- Anyone potting Marley Williams is clueless. Absolutely towelled up Charlie Cameron.

He was great contesting with Cameron, but his ball use is really poor. If he played smarter and just dished the ball off and sacrificed himself to put blocks and make space for others he would be a huge asset, but he too often looks to receive the ball and he is a s**t option to receive the ball. He needs to put the good of the team ahead of himself if he is going to be an asset.

- EVW will be a 150+ game player if his body allows. Calm and calculated just needs continuity.

That isn't saying a lot, Atley has over 200 games and he hasn't set the world on fire.

- Atley had a good game. We may get some very good games out of him under Rhyce Shaw if he attacks the game from HB.

He actually took the game on at times, was good to see. I still think the best season he ever had was when he played half-forward, he actually did a lot of damage there. I don't think he is a natural half-back, his instinct isn't to go like say LDU does.

- Walker unlucky again. Looks to be a genuine 2 way runner but his body has let him down again. Didnt go on the wing but forgivable with his injury history.

He is one of the injury prone guys you want to persist with, he looks good every time he gets on the park, we just have to hope we can get over the injury slump.

- Zurhaar fades in and out of games but when he is on he is red hot. Just need more consistency in output.

It is easy to go cold when you are sitting in our forward line and waiting on some delivery to your advantage, he looked better around the ball in the middle of the ground where he could assert his physical prowess. We either have to put him in the middle for spurts or he needs to told to roam through the middle of the ground and help to break the game open.

- Jed may crucify the ball at times, but fmd does he crucify the oppo ball carrier too. Love his work around the stoppages and tries his guts out all day. I reckon Rhyce loves him.

He has been great, but the club/people need to understand he is a small bloke, if we rely on him being a battering ram he will likely end up like Leigh Adams. I love the way he goes about it but he played 74% ToG and some weeks he is lucky to crack much more than 60%, you can't have an important cog on the pine that much when the average for mids is about 85%.

- McDonald good again. Let his opponent goal side once and a couple of rare(these days) miss kicks.

A huge improvement in his footy this year, great to see, thought he was shot.

- Froggy, Higgins and Simpkin all done their respective jobs inside and out.

- Goldy played well a clunked a few too.

Goldy was good, I wasn't happy with his defensive work though, let his opponent kick two goals being poor defensively.

Didn't love the gameplan. Handball happy putting ourselves under the pump consistently. We need to improve offensively.

I think the intent was to handball so we didn't move the ball so slowly and just go over the mark and down the line. I don't think it is how we want to play despite what Shaw ways, I think it was necessary to get the team running after forgetting how to play attacking footy.

We have a lot to work with if we can bring in a couple quality free agents and draft well. Please draft good users with speed that can contribute from the get go. Just seems like we are unlucky in that regard...

I think the trading/free agents are what got us into troubles. We have too many mediocre mature players who have been found out for not being any better than young inexperienced kids having a crack.

If there is a super quality free agent like a Higgins who we are going to give a crack to then sure, other than that I hope we make as much space as possible and have a look at a few extra project players like key position players and ruckmen with prospective picks and put our best quality picks into as much midfield talent as we can get.

I actually think the way we moved the ball this week would suit Wood. Yes he had a bad skill error or two and a brain fart, but its not like he had a lot of football this year. He's not suited to the down the line bomb it to 40 guys game plan. So while he wasnt great, ok far from it id be keeping him. We wont have any trouble clearing list space, he might have the upside - keep for mine.

I actually think the way we moved the ball this week would suit Wood. Yes he had a bad skill error or two and a brain fart, but its not like he had a lot of football this year. He's not suited to the down the line bomb it to 40 guys game plan. So while he wasnt great, ok far from it id be keeping him. We wont have any trouble clearing list space, he might have the upside - keep for mine.

You don’t need any football to know how to take a chest mark.

Or not try and basketball pass the ball inboard.

He’s cooked at this club.

The textbook definition of taunting.

I don’t have a problem with it, but the w***ers in the media play both sides of the fence depending on who is on the receiving end.

I’ve often heard commentators bringing up that this is a workplace so abuse, racial or otherwise, should not be tolerated.

I also don’t have a problem with it, but it was the poster child for unprovoked aggressive verbal abuse which will be ignored by the same commentators.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back