North VFL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Such a shame that all the money that was donated by members to improve the facilities to host VFL games is now worthless. The affiliate model does not work because the other club does not give a flying f**k about our guys development. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but what a waste of time and effort introducing a VFL program. Successful clubs like Geelong, Hawthorn, West Coast have strong second tier teams.. It so bloody hard to compete when your twos aren't strong. I am all for AFLW but the men's game is allowing the AFLW to get on its feet. The less money the men's team makes the less money that will go into AFLW. We need our men's team to be successful because thats where the money is. I understand the climate but I am bloody disappointed in the decision.
Hawks are aligned to Box Hill but pretty sure they have alot more control than normal.

Geelong, Richmond, Footscray all have been successful teams due to their own vfl teams. You are more likely to succeed with your own team than not. It's the model we had to follow and now it's been thrown out.

As I have stated before, the AFL team is the reason this football club exists and anything not solely focused on the success of the AFL team needs to be incised and removed. We are not a club that can afford "indulgences".

The post "roosistence" era has been an exercise in treading water whilst the opposition grows stronger. All we have done is gone from an imminent death to a slow death, and things MUST change if we are going to survive. I do not currently see driven men of the calibre of Ron Casey, Ron Joseph, Ron Barassi, Greg Miller and Dennis Pagan at the club. I do hold faith in Brady Rawlings, but how much power does he have, and can he alone deliver us back in to contention, because believe me, if we continue with this Chinese water torture, then it is only a matter of time before we are fortifying the barricades again.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back