2nds Northern Blues 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

answer the question! the question, jerks!!
Declase, amongst others
Didn't see line braking run in any of the NB games due to his lack of game sense.
In the NFL on the back of his times. Would be shocked it he makes it
You don't think that they analysed footage, trialled him, then made a decision? Players who don't come in through the collegiate system do so as free agents, not draftees.

Last edited:
Northern Knights graduate, tall back flanker with athleticism to burn and a tidy kick based on my limited viewing.

Seems to be very composed with and without the football, but will have a hard time cracking into senior team due to our glut of talls and flankers.

Cuninghams' stats from last night

14 disp, 7 contested poss, 2 Center clearances and 4 tackles

(as relayed to me from a friend on twitter)
Solid enough. Coming along well. Hope to see him later in the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't think you're were allowed to post a link from another Carlton Forum, but if you want to check out the Northern Blues thread there, it will become less obtuse.

;)
Huh. Are you kidding?

Are we Carlton or are we Forums? What would you like?

Don't get drawn into the sour tones of one of your mods over there. It's not nice.... :)

Huh. Are you kidding?

Are we Carlton or are we Forums? What would you like?

Don't get drawn into the sour tones of one of your mods over there. It's not nice.... :)

All I was saying is jimmae doesn't have an original thought in his head, wasn't having a go at you.

We have too many inside mids in the ones.
Cripps, Gibbs, Kerridge, ????

Maybe C.Curnow at a pinch.

E. Curnow, Kerridge, Gibbs and Graham are fairly balanced midfielders, though the latter two are lacking a smidge of pace at times.
Graham, Cripps, Kerridge, E Curnow, Gibbs (although Ed's been offering good run as well).

Then Whiley as fringe.

That's too many one paced players, many of who have iffy disposal.

Kerridge played inside mid during NAB cup and did it well. If the NB's 2 of either have Graham, Kerridge or Whiley, they would be set.

Need pace in the firsts.
Agree with Jimmae here
  • We only have one genuine inside mid playing in the seniors on a regular basis which is Cripps.
  • Whiley is the other one, but he's rarely used and he's not in the same ballpark as Cripps re quality.
  • Pretty loose use of the term "inside mid" to describe Graham, Kerridge & Ed I would've thought. Inside-outside maybe.
  • Gibbs erased the definition of "inside mid" from his game long ago.
FWIW, like your posts PM. Always bringing up interesting points for discussion. Different lines of thought is what creates discussion. Good stuff mate. :thumbsu:

All I was saying is jimmae doesn't have an original thought in his head, wasn't having a go at you.
If you could post links from another forum, I'd quote a post you made on April 7th, then post something I wrote in the same sub-forum in a match thread on March 25th.

But sure, I'm not capable of independent thought, that's it. ****ing wow mate; you've outdone yourself.

Agree with Jimmae here
  • We only have one genuine inside mid playing in the seniors on a regular basis which is Cripps.
  • Whiley is the other one, but he's rarely used and he's not in the same ballpark as Cripps re quality.
  • Pretty loose use of the term "inside mid" to describe Graham, Kerridge & Ed I would've thought. Inside-outside maybe.
  • Gibbs erased the definition of "inside mid" from his game long ago.
FWIW, like your posts PM. Always bringing up interesting points for discussion. Different lines of thought is what creates discussion. Good stuff mate. :thumbsu:

The discussion came about (I think) from a Harker post about not enough inside mids around the ball in the magoos.

But it does hinge on what you call an inside mid.

For me (at Carlton at least) inside mids appear to be guys who aren't fast enough to get on the outside or get clearance from a stoppage . we have to many of them in the ones.

Whiley, Kerridge, Graham would be terrific in and around the ball in the magoos and rack up good numbers. But in the firsts with Cripps (slow) Gibbs (slow) that's to guys who can't get away from traffic.

Kerridges first half last night was everything thats wrong with him, not fast by foot or hand, zero evasive skills and a bit slow in the brain. His second half was everything that's right with him , massive tank, gut running and disciplined positioning. But that's because the game had lost it manic pace.

In the NAB games Kerridge played inside mid and looked far more effective . But with Gibbs and Cripps and ed in the team he's on the outside.

Graham was bland all game.

These guys and Whiley would be a awesome on ball unit in the magoos but don't bring enough for the firsts when there's too many of them.
Anyway, we need more quality around the ball in the firsts and way more speed around the ground in general.

For me (at Carlton at least) inside mids appear to be guys who aren't fast enough to get on the outside or get clearance from a stoppage . we have to many of them in the ones.

These guys and Whiley would be a awesome on ball unit in the magoos but don't bring enough for the firsts when there's too many of them.
Anyway, we need more quality around the ball in the firsts and way more speed around the ground in general.

Cuningham has been thrown straight into the centre the past couple of weeks and this guy does have speed, although speed on its own means nothing if you can't position yourself well at stoppages. I don't think he's been playing here by mistake and will have to learn on the run how to get first hands on the ball to become a real weapon.

The slowest of inside mids can look quick when they get first hands on the ball and transfer it quickly to a running player. That's when the likes of Boekhorst come into their own.

BTW: DVR has mostly been playing off a wing in the past couple of games, as you wouldn't mind the ball in his hands after a centre extraction.
If Whiley doesn't present what he had through the pre-season, we may just be wanting a ball winning inside mid, first and foremost come years end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back