2nds Northern Blues 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neil Craig may have an influence. He was studying it a Masters level back in the early 80s. Pioneered the sports science role in the SANFL and took it to another level with the original Crowbots. Don't underestimate the man. Uber intelligent.
Ahh, Forgot about Old Craigy.

I always liked him. Easy to forget how dominant his Adelaide teams were at different times without winning flags.

DAT2Y__UwAAliuM.jpg

You Know Nothing Jones! :D:D:D:D

RE: The - Get The "Think Tank" Out - We Need Some New Ideas Thread.

Put Jones in a cage and charge people money to come and see him.

Like a nice person's "Elephant Man"!?:D

Maybe we can take inspiration from Ancient Rome? Imagine..., the MCG packed to the rafters with expectant fans, Carlton and opposition players on the ground, then, we hear the almighty fanfare of brass instruments, and, from a fortified cage deep beneath the MCG the gates to the labyrinth are thrown open and "The Beast" emerges in an almighty frenzy, frothing at the mouth, hot vapour discharging from his flared nostrils; he charges onto the ground, kicking up clods of turf and bellowing at full voice - the roar literally shakes the foundations of the sacred arena and everyone knows "The Beast" has arrived!;)

Adults will one day recall the spine-chilling moment when "The Beast" was revealed on the mighty MCG!:eek:

Last edited:
MM may seen the potential but it's taken a looooong time to come to fruition. Credit to Jones, coaching staff and anyone else involved that has seen him vastly improve. TBH i thought Tutt was more likely to make an impact from the recruited pair at the time.

Now the Beast is at full moon and hopefully continues to transform. Maintain the rage Liam. :thumbsu:

Bloody "Tutt and Jones" - remember hearing their names and thought maybe Malthouse had gone a bit left-field and had recruited two Egyptian tomb-robbers?!:D If not, maybe two blokes from a failed BBC detective series, or maybe even a "Morecambe and Wise" (Bevo isn't the only one who has heard of those blokes!) tribute act? Who were these strange looking blokes who we traded-in from the far off "Land of the Western Bulldogs" - bloody "Tutt and Jones"?!

Well, years have passed, and Master Tutt has toddled off into the sunset, whilst Jones has now quietly metamorphosed into the "King of Kings", "The Pharoah of the Infinite Sands",..., "The Beast of all Beasts"! I now must bow in homage to the one we once knew as "Liam bloody Jones" - he is now worshipped as "Mr Jones - The Omnipotent One", "Master of the Universe" and "The Beast of all Beasts"!:D:eek::p:cool:;)

Last edited:
"Ex-Bulldog Jones played a sensational game, restricting dumped St Kilda forward Josh Bruce to just one goal while collecting 26 touches and 15 marks."

Link: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-20/around-the-state-leagues-whos-starring-in-your-clubs-twos

However you look at Jones (I admit - history is hard to ignore), the MC will be finding it almost impossible to ignore his continued great form. He was playing on Scum Kilda's #1 forward!

Jones was off the ground when Bruce got his goal.

Don't know how much influence Bolton has on the Northern Blues, but surely some substantial credit has to go to Josh Fraser for their performances, and the improvement of players such as Jones.

Considering I thought he was a complete spud as a player, it's dramatically changed my perception.

You take a spud and turn it into mash or pomme fritte! All starting to come together, and as far as the NBs go - in a bit of a rush. Real pressure on senior players now from a well-drilled NBs side that is playing first-class footy!

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2017-05-20/five-in-a-row-for-northern-blues

Northern defender Liam Jones continued his sparkling form, thwarting almost every dangerous bit of forward movement by the Zebras.

A brilliant team goal late in the quarter was created by a ferocious attack on the football by Jones, who then set up debutant James Corboy for his second goal of the game:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Jones was off the ground when Bruce got his goal.

Just have to work out how to get Jones into the seniors and bloody soon! He will thrive down back with the assured ASOS quietly encouraging him. Opposition forwards will be looking over their shoulder and Carlton players will walk tall. Needs to get a 3 week run in the seniors to assess if he is ready to finally embrace the big time, and hopefully in a big way.

This could POTENTIALLY (hopefully) be the feel good story of 2017 - "I say, who is that man,.., that, that absolute beast, out there?!" "That's Jones my friend!":eek:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

However you look at Jones (I admit - history is hard to ignore), the MC will be finding it almost impossible to ignore his continued great form. He was playing on Scum Kilda's #1 forward!

That's the beauty of his performances, Fraser says the same in the above clip re: well stocked position he's fighting for but cannot fault his output and being a true clubman.

Have to give a big tick to LJ, that's a highly impressive demeanour to bring to the table all things considered, hopefully rewarded shortly in the seniors and/or VFL B&F against his name (JJ Liston too).

I'll be honest.....we don't have a defender capable of making the impact Jones did yesterday.
That not to say that Jones is better but that he put fear into the Saints players I hadn't seen in a long time..........although ASilvagni was very good before his call-up.

Macreadie is the future but why do we simply keep dismissing someone from the future, when they're still a relatively young 26......Sheehan included?

I would be hoping another club bites and we get something for him.

We also have Weitering to move back once Rowe gives it away.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just finished reading all 17 pages. Have only just realised this was the NB thread not the Liam Jones thread.

Didnt get a chance to watch the game, but gee wizz, what a write up.

Surely the MC can't ignore weeks of BOG performances.

The good thing is LJ is still plenty young enough to forge a AFL career as a backman and be there for our next premiership push. If we believe the penny has finally dropped for him as a backman then we need to get him straight in next week.

Hard to find a spot when our AFL back six is performing so well.... But at the end of the day we are still in a rebuild and need to be looking fowrard to our next premiership push. Sam Rowe is having a pretty solid season, but realistically won't be there for next our next flag tilt.

Let's give Rowe a "rest" next week and bring the beast in to see what he can do at AFL level in the backline.

Just have to work out how to get Jones into the seniors and bloody soon! He will thrive down back with the assured ASOS quietly encouraging him. Opposition forwards will be looking over their shoulder and Carlton players will walk tall. Needs to get a 3 week run in the seniors to assess if he is ready to finally embrace the big time, and hopefully in a big way.

This could POTENTIALLY (hopefully) be the feel good story of 2017 - "I say, who is that man,.., that, that absolute beast, out there?!" "That's Jones my friend!":eek:
You may get your wish with Rowe going down.

On SM-N920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back