2nds Northern Blues 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a win here, but I dare say this performance was worse than our 10 goal loss against Werribee.

What does stand out though, is the relative poor performances from Phillips & Lobbe.
Yes, Phillips has done some OK thing around the ground, but these two seasoned AFL players haven't had a collective ruck win, so far this year.

BTW: This is not a whinge but an observation.
First NB game I’ve been to this year, so I can’t compare to previous games.

My observations - Kerr played a very good game with 6 goals. Schumacher took a couple of good grabs but needs to get more involved for longer periods. Agree the two ruckman were disappointing and should’ve dominated that game with their experience. Lang may have played okay but didn’t really stand out to me.

Based on the standard and pace of the game, and what I saw yesterday I didn’t see too much to get excited about tbh. Players would struggle at AFL level.

It's good the reserves are winning a few games but my god is this competition a basketcase in regards to supporting the AFL clubs.

VFL season doesn't start until around a month after the AFL.
VFL seems to have plenty of Byes of which we have already had two.
Our VFL side seems to regularly be on the day before the AFL side and our better fringe players (Emergencies) are missing a heap of games.

For a league which is supposed to support AFL clubs it does an unbelievably sh*t job of it. Or at least it does for us.

Just another problem we have at Carlton.

Last edited:
yphMv40.png

5ZADwbV.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know how K.Collins & A.Johnston are progressing? have not been able to find an update. They would be handy options as defenders.

Last edited:
As per title, this is on 7's VFL coverage, available in non-Victorian regions via 7Plus (just set your location/postcode to Victoria). Here's the team:

Final team:
D7dH9JsUEAAl0Xw.jpg:large

Probably 5 (maybe 6) AFL listed players to come out of this initial squad. Finbar rested again, it seems.

Last edited:
As per title, this is on 7's VFL coverage, available in non-Victorian regions via 7Plus (just set your location/postcode to Victoria). Here's the team:

Northern Blues

B: 60. J. Hill, 20. L. Plowman, 19. A. Schumacher
HB: 28. H. Macreadie, 45. H. Goddard, 4. L. O'Brien
C: 29. C. Polson, 7. M. Kennedy, 13. L. Stocker
HF: 69. S. Fisher, 32. A. Fasolo, 55. J. O'Rourke
F: 21. J. Garlett, 36. P. Kerr, 53. J. Palmer

R: 34. A. Phillips, 16. D. Lang, 43. W. Setterfield

Int: 77. M. Blakey, 46. M. Cottrell, 80. K. Keppel, 42. K. LeBois, 27. M. Lobbe, 64. J. Lynch, 44. M. Owies, 37. B. Silvagni, 52. M. Stavrou, 66. G. Strachan, 54. J. Velissaris, 72. N. Wheeler

23P: 73. O. White

Probably 5 (maybe 6) AFL listed players to come out of this initial squad. Finbar rested again, it seems.
Thanks Jimm.
Good lord, wtf is going on with Finbar? Not listed as injured...mystery man

I think Finbar would benefit more from spending time in the gym and putting on some size than actually playing footy at the moment.
He really needs to put on 10kgs minimum to be a shot at getting an AFL game and it’s just not possible to do so when you’re playing footy. There’s no point in keeping him on the list if he doesn’t put on size. I guarantee no one else would be stealing him from under our noses.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Only 5 won't play, unless we know that another player is dropping out.
Best guess is Plowman, Kennedy, Stocker and Cuningh......

Whys isn't Cuningham in this squad, given he's named on the interchange in the main squad?

Would be nice to see LeBois start to clock his disposal tally up.
A double figure tally wouldn't hurt.

Agree, Alex Fasolo will play, along with Plowman maybe Stocker too, final spot does one dare to nominate Matt Kennedy? Who knows.

Finbar was doing contact training in that image today.

Would guess a serious conditioning/strength block. Maybe send him back to play some local footy? Is that even allowed, lol.
I suspect that's the case re: training block, but unfortunately he cannot play for another side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back