2nds Northern Blues 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

some people need to look at their comment ratio as in umpires v other things - you people seriously might be better off giving the game away - it's never going to change - it's like bellyaching about the weather - guess you can do something about that and head north (just not fnq in may ffs) just a thought
Have done this. No regrets.

There was a win here, but I dare say this performance was worse than our 10 goal loss against Werribee.

It didn't help not having Wilson & Anderson for starters and it doesn't help having to virtually carry two players with very little influence (LeBois & Owies)and then another two, what one may call, young project players (BSilvagni, Cottrell)
I guess it also didn't help having what amounted to a wafer-thin CFC listed contingent, with three player being pulled as emergencies for the main game.

What does stand out though, is the relative poor performances from Phillips & Lobbe.
Yes, Phillips has done some OK thing around the ground, but these two seasoned AFL players haven't had a collective ruck win, so far this year.

Anyway, Fraser has a lot of work to do and it may not seem to be the case given we're 4/1, but if I was him, I wouldn't know exactly what to be asking of the players and trying the following week.

BTW: This is not a whinge but an observation.

I guess it also didn't help having what amounted to a wafer-thin CFC listed contingent, with three player being pulled as emergencies for the main game.

What does stand out though, is the relative poor performances from Phillips & Lobbe.
Yes, Phillips has done some OK thing around the ground, but these two seasoned AFL players haven't had a collective ruck win, so far this year.

Anyway, Fraser has a lot of work to do and it may not seem to be the case given we're 4/1, but if I was him, I wouldn't know exactly what to be asking of the players and trying the following week.
so another week where a player like Garlett as I have mentioned before has no match play to try to help him improve- how rusty will he be if he does go into the AFL team last minute!

There was a win here, but I dare say this performance was worse than our 10 goal loss against Werribee.

It didn't help not having Wilson & Anderson for starters and it doesn't help having to virtually carry two players with very little influence (LeBois & Owies)and then another two, what one may call, young project players (BSilvagni, Cottrell)

It is not a whinge but very much a glass half full look at the game.
Owies and Cottrell are both improving and starting to show something. Especially Cottrell - a lot to like there.
Shuey was good.
BSOS is ahead of where I thought he would be
Lang had his best game for the year.
Even FAS showed a bit.

Thought the team moved the ball much better by foot.

Been to plenty of NB games over the last five years where there was nothing to take away from the game.

so another week where a player like Garlett as I have mentioned before has no match play to try to help him improve- how rusty will he be if he does go into the AFL team last minute!

He was pretty rusty beforehand and I didn't see anything that showed me a call-up was warranted nor imminent.

Polson is also a long way back right now. What do we do? Plonk him back into the forward line as a pressure forward?
Midfield minutes don't seem on the agenda and I can't see where he'd be useful in the middle of the ground.
One good snap that resulted in a goal yesterday. I didn't even expect that from him, but overall, another somewhat patchy game.

It is not a whinge but very much a glass half full look at the game.
Owies and Cottrell are both improving and starting to show something. Especially Cottrell - a lot to like there.
Shuey was good.
BSOS is ahead of where I thought he would be
Lang had his best game for the year.
Even FAS showed a bit.

Thought the team moved the ball much better by foot.

Been to plenty of NB games over the last five years where there was nothing to take away from the game.

I'd be saying that Langs first half against Geelong was better than for what he fronted up with yesterday.
I expect Lang to get possessions against a somewhat inept team. I expect him to execute well and more than anything, I expect him to put his body on the line in the way a couple of the NB players did and not allow them to do the heavy lifting, whilst he surveys the periphery.

I thought Lang could have shown a lot more than he did. That's all.

It didn't help not having Wilson & Anderson for starters and it doesn't help having to virtually carry two players with very little influence (LeBois & Owies)

What does stand out though, is the relative poor performances from Phillips & Lobbe. Yes, Phillips has done some OK thing around the ground, but these two seasoned AFL players haven't had a collective ruck win, so far this year.

Owies is showing improvement is he not? Getting a little more involved as the weeks roll on?

And we have a new ruck coach (McIntosh) this year too - results not showing, and they both should be dominating at VFL level with particular direction on hit outs to advantage.

He was pretty rusty beforehand and I didn't see anything that showed me a call-up was warranted nor imminent.

Polson is also a long way back right now. What do we do? Plonk him back into the forward line as a pressure forward?
Midfield minutes don't seem on the agenda and I can't see where he'd be useful in the middle of the ground.
One good snap that resulted in a goal yesterday. I didn't even expect that from him, but overall, another somewhat patchy game.
Polson was playing stints on the wing yesterday, so it absolutely is on the agenda.

Really enjoyed the win, youtube coverage was a bit shaky, commentary was matter of fact compared to the dross provided by FA and foxtel channels. Finally got the courage to join Big Footy. I am not the sharpest tool in the shed but i wear my heart on my sleeve when it comes to the greatest club in the world. Kind Regards DS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really enjoyed the win, youtube coverage was a bit shaky, commentary was matter of fact compared to the dross provided by FA and foxtel channels. Finally got the courage to join Big Footy. I am not the sharpest tool in the shed but i wear my heart on my sleeve when it comes to the greatest club in the world. Kind Regards DS

You like Japan, Sakomoto, Fripp and you're not sharp?
I dont believe it. 😂

welcome ds - bit polite - nice - abandon all hope now - cake in the kitchen behind aph's office - any mud on your boots feel free to knock it off on Metalcrusher - give us any chance today?

yeah big welcome dude- prepare for game day melt downs

I respectfully wholeheartedly disagree. It doesnt matter where it comes from it's a whole of club thing and these players are getting that winning feeling. It will be infectious. Its about crossing bridges one at a time. Some of these will transfer this to senior football. It's how it works.
Exactly right Blue we need both teams playing the same systems well to get the success we crave, players playing our system in winning sides bodes well for our depth when and if injuries come about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back