NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like Donny East have jumped the gun with the announcement before the league had the chance to work their way thru meetings which each division.

Good to see the Premier Division clubs have agreed there'll be no EFL promotion or relegation in 2021... funny that :rolleyes:

And that they won't be playing this week as players aren't ready...

So has it been decided who is paying for the rest of the season and how? I assume umpires are free? Trainers are free? League fees reduced? Because there's no income...

Pretty weak to not play this week, when 4 or so weeks have been lost outside your control, to then scrap a week when you can play seems pretty stupid. Might be a division by division decision?

As for relegation, could they look at just promotion therefore getting rid of the premier bye next year? Although 14 teams may be a bit much.

Any chance you look at the big picture.The survival of our clubs especially our home clubs that will take a hit financially with no crowds.

So Premier isnt playing but the others are ?

EFL haven’t made any announcements but Doncaster East have announced what’s happening for them. We do know u/19 div 2 is playing so may mean other divisions or just 19s playing?

Any chance you look at the big picture.The survival of our clubs especially our home clubs that will take a hit financially with no crowds.

So they’re better off not playing at all? Maybe players should be thankful to play and not want money to play in front of no crowds!

Juniors are starting on Sunday. Changed draw and one week finals.
Seniors footy decision will be announced on Wed by the EFNL.
https://efnl.org.au/efnl-junior-season-update-2/

EFNL office will not be opened until this Friday, June 30 so forget about trying to contact them for info.

They meet with the clubs by division so Premier would’ve been first. Imagine they haven’t yet met with some or perhaps all of the others.

Premier Div votes for no promotion or relegation 😂 “oh really?”

They meet with the clubs by division so Premier would’ve been first. Imagine they haven’t yet met with some or perhaps all of the others.

Premier Div votes for no promotion or relegation 😂 “oh really?”

Doncaster play Noble Park twice in their last 3 games. Will have played all sides once and Noble twice - currently sitting second. If they were to be relegated they would be incredibly stiff playing the Bulls twice.

Incredible some supporters want to stomp their feet as they have to miss one week of local footy. Beyond the no club income scenario players DO need to be considered. Premier clubs have significantly slashed payments in 2 years. Players risk injury, get significantly less reward & many have had work affected with covid. Sole proprietor tradie gets Injured & can’t work for a month on top of that.

More to life than one game of local footy that no one can watch. Unfortunately covid has taught many players this & the EFL is now poorer for it.

Doncaster play Noble Park twice in their last 3 games. Will have played all sides once and Noble twice - currently sitting second. If they were to be relegated they would be incredibly stiff playing the Bulls twice.

Yep. Just the instagram post read funny as if the Premier Div clubs has decided... well they would say that, there's only one way to go for them!

I'm sure all clubs have / will be consulted. The EFL do a pretty good job trying to navigate all this s**t.

Incredible some supporters want to stomp their feet as they have to miss one week of local footy. Beyond the no club income scenario players DO need to be considered. Premier clubs have significantly slashed payments in 2 years. Players risk injury, get significantly less reward & many have had work affected with covid. Sole proprietor tradie gets Injured & can’t work for a month on top of that.

More to life than one game of local footy that no one can watch. Unfortunately covid has taught many players this & the EFL is now poorer for it.

I agree with all that but surely survival of a club is No.1 or these players you and I worry about will have no club to play for.If we have a club that gets into financial debt and unable to pay players will these players play for nothing.I would think most would not which you mentioned in you post.

As I said Beyond the no income club scenario…….. that was an acknowledgment of what you stated is the biggest issue.

Was merely pointing out a perspective for some players that appears to get lost at times. Players cop some undue criticism on the financial front especially those in the top grade.

As I said Beyond the no income club scenario…….. that was an acknowledgment of what you stated is the biggest issue.

Was merely pointing out a perspective for some players that appears to get lost at times. Players cop some undue criticism on the financial front especially those in the top grade.

Totally concur there. "Just don't pay the players!" is always the call, as if they're the only cost!

Not sure those at the EFL office are doing it for free (nor should they). Or the umpires. Or the insurance carriers... they giving free insurance? Trainers? Are the medical suppliers handing out free tape and supplies?

A jumper got ripped... can we get some of those for free? Good luck

Totally concur there. "Just don't pay the players!" is always the call, as if they're the only cost!

Not sure those at the EFL office are doing it for free (nor should they). Or the umpires. Or the insurance carriers... they giving free insurance? Trainers? Are the medical suppliers handing out free tape and supplies?

A jumper got ripped... can we get some of those for free? Good luck
Finally a decision. Prem and Div won't play this weekend. Div 2, 3 and 4 resume on Sat.
Fixtures to be changed.
Strangely nothing about the U19's. You have to assume that U19' in their Prem and Div1 comps will not play. Seems like absolute stupidity if that's the case.
https://efnl.org.au/senior-competitions-update/

Finally a decision. Prem and Div won't play this weekend. Div 2, 3 and 4 resume on Sat.
Fixtures to be changed.
Strangely nothing about the U19's. You have to assume that U19' in their Prem and Div1 comps will not play. Seems like absolute stupidity if that's the case.
https://efnl.org.au/senior-competitions-update/

The top 2 divisions not playing is interesting as I have heard the EFNL got the presidents of each division separately to make a call.The no crowds and the extra costs involved with the player payments caused by the higher salary cap is a reason these 2 divisions voted against playing perhaps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The top 2 divisions not playing is interesting as I have heard the EFNL got the presidents of each division separately to make a call.The no crowds and the extra costs involved with the player payments caused by the higher salary cap is a reason these 2 divisions voted against playing perhaps.
But why the U19's. Strange decision. Nobody gets paid, there's not really much of a crowd and only minimal food sales.
I can only think that the council will suspend payment for ground, only if the ground isn't used at all.

But why the U19's. Strange decision. Nobody gets paid, there's not really much of a crowd and only minimal food sales.
I can only think that the council will suspend payment for ground, only if the ground isn't used at all.

U19,s the only reason I can guess is the alignment to Premier an D1 clubs as you look at the fixture now.

Last edited:
U19,s the only reason I can guess is the alignbment to Premier an D1 clubs as you look at the fixture now.
Alignment is a pretty flimsy reason. You'd think they'd need a more substantial reason than that. As I said maybe they get a council discount if their grounds aren't used at all.

Perhaps I have it wrong but aren't the salary caps $100k, $90k, $80k, $70k and $60k? We're talking a $10k difference or about $500 per week across the club, highly doubt it's that different by division.

(Provided everybody is sticking to the cap, of course...)

I'm told Premier clubs didn't want to play over concerns about player fitness off the break, they wanted another week of training. D1 decided to follow suit. D2 was happy to play. That's second hand though, could be wrong.

I thought I gave the main reason earlier in the week for a delay & passed on what would happen with Premier before it was released.😜 at least BM listens.

Enjoying some ‘theories’ though. Most premier clubs are not broke…….. one week rent, salary cap……. What next?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back