NRL NRL 2023 - Round 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Lovely end to the season. Knocking Souths out and potentially sealing a finals spot ourselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NRL competition is compromised.

Shitter teams finish higher than some of the better teams because of origin period.

Look how close it is to making and not making the finals. Some teams have 3 or 4 weeks without the best players or banged up playersetc.. Thats comp points down the drain.

its bs

I don't think you can blame Origin too much; injuries are going to be a much bigger factor. Plus, the fact that teams like the Roosters, say, just haven't played very well for much of this season. And if they are struggling to make the cut, largely have themselves to blame.

The cows seem pretty intent on keeping this weeks mad Monday plans.

Good news for the Raiders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly Broncos have ****ed up resting players... they now have Melbourne, Knights and Penrith to make the GF, over Warriors and a rest then probably Roosters.

Honestly Broncos have ****ed up resting players... they now have Melbourne, Knights and Penrith to make the GF, over Warriors and a rest then probably Roosters.
If the Broncos had won on Thursday that would have locked in a Qualifying Final against the Storm anyway. The only way they could play the Warriors next week, was losing on Thursday night (which they did) but then then they needed results today to go a certain way. Which they didn't.

For those not watching the Dragons v Knights game, it's worth your while looking for the footage of Mikaele Ravalawa and Dom Young's tries. Stunners!

EDIT: make that two stunners for Dom Young.

So, going on the Storm's streak against the Broncos I have, Penrith, Newcastle, Cronulla, and Melbourne winning in round 1 of the finals

Round 2:

Warriors v Knights
Broncos v Sharks

Round 3:

Penrith v Brisbane
Storm v Warriors

balmainforever might just get that GF they wanted and I'd happily settle for that.

I'm going to put this here so it'll get some traffic, but the other day, Leigh v Huddersfield had a floodlights failure. the match was abandoned with about 30 mins to go. Leigh were winning 16-12. The RFL have decided that the game won't be re-played, but re-started with the same score and the same time left on the clock. I'm not sure whether fans are expected to pay again, or get in free. But I'm not sure the principle is right. So has anything similar ever happened in the NRL, and what was done?

I'm going to put this here so it'll get some traffic, but the other day, Leigh v Huddersfield had a floodlights failure. the match was abandoned with about 30 mins to go. Leigh were winning 16-12. The RFL have decided that the game won't be re-played, but re-started with the same score and the same time left on the clock. I'm not sure whether fans are expected to pay again, or get in free. But I'm not sure the principle is right. So has anything similar ever happened in the NRL, and what was done?
The AFL had that happened in 1996 with a match between essendon and st kilda. they re-started the game the following Tuesday night and then rewrote the rules to ensure it never happened like that again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back