NXT Discussion Thread (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

Remove this Banner Ad

WWE butchering another WCW PPV. YAY!

At least the WWE is hosting Halloween Havoc the same week as Halloween.

It could always be worse--- like the "Bash at the Beach" in the middle of winter. :think:

Ever been to Florida?

In January?

Yeah-- the average top temperature was about 70F (22c)--- definitely not "beach weather" for most locals.

Takeover 31 was a good solid card of in-ring wrestling that was hurt a little by its lack of build-up and predictability of the results.

I doubted that any titles would change hands from the outset, although I did fall for at least a couple of changes in-match (especially the C/W title bout), which is a testament to how well-built some of the matches were booked.

Escobar was horrible at Takeover. Swerve tried so damn hard but Escobar looked lost half the time and that missed splash off the top rope looked like a kid on his first day of wrestling school.

Aside from that, show was exceptional.

Priest and Gargano was everything I wanted it to be.

Finn vs KOR was close to the best match I've seen all year. You could show somebody that match and just about convince them wrestling is a legitimate sport.

Kushida is paying homage to heaps of things yeah?
his entrance right now is 9/10s Jerichos original WWE entrance, countdownclock, graphics, pose and all.
He also does the CM Punk watch thing, and obviously Marty McFly getup.

i don’t have much knowledge of him, but it looks pretty clear to me hes doing these things. Pretty cool.

Also, haven’t watched NXT in ages, but wowee Ember Moons in ring promo was abysmal. It was something I’d expect to see at a local show, where you are prepared for cringe, absolute basic promos and rah rah crap like she did.

From what I could tell, she had no reason to say she’s surprised management are letting her talk - but once she did, it became very clear why they wouldn’t want her on the mic..

Last edited:
Saw a clip on Reddit of Ridge Holland’s nasty leg injury from today’s ep. Didn’t really want to watch it second time but it looked like either a broken leg or bad knee injury. Stiff luck considering he looked to be line for a push after Takeover 31.

Kushida is paying homage to heaps of things yeah?
his entrance right now is 9/10s Jerichos original WWE entrance, countdownclock, graphics, pose and all.
He also does the CM Punk watch thing, and obviously Marty McFly getup.

i don’t have much knowledge of him, but it looks pretty clear to me hes doing these things. Pretty cool.

Also, haven’t watched NXT in ages, but wowee Ember Moons in ring promo was abysmal. It was something I’d expect to see at a local show, where you are prepared for cringe, absolute basic promos and rah rah crap like she did.

From what I could tell, she had no reason to say she’s surprised management are letting her talk - but once she did, it became very clear why they wouldn’t want her on the mic..

he's a Timesplitter like in Back to the Future. that's it, you're reading too much into it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAA Drake and Killians theme

Shut that s**t up , i'm not coming out to that.....and STOP WHISTLING !!!! * Throws Drake into ring *

Deadset i could just watch Drake for 2hrs a week

* , just saw the Holland injury :oops::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Last edited:
fu** , just saw the Holland injury :oops::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

it was announced that Holland suffered a left ankle dislocation and fracture and a right knee patellar dislocation and patellar tendon rupture. It was said that the knee dislocation was put back into place at ringside and the ankle dislocation was put back into place in the emergency room.

Escobar was horrible at Takeover. Swerve tried so damn hard but Escobar looked lost half the time and that missed splash off the top rope looked like a kid on his first day of wrestling school.

Aside from that, show was exceptional.

Priest and Gargano was everything I wanted it to be.

Finn vs KOR was close to the best match I've seen all year. You could show somebody that match and just about convince them wrestling is a legitimate sport.
Wrestling is a legitimate sport.
Do you mean Sports Entertainment?

Takeover 31 was a good solid card of in-ring wrestling that was hurt a little by its lack of build-up and predictability of the results.

I doubted that any titles would change hands from the outset, although I did fall for at least a couple of changes in-match (especially the C/W title bout), which is a testament to how well-built some of the matches were booked.

I don't see much wrestling these days but seeing the O'Reilly promo I thought he would win the title (especially considering Balor only won after Kross was injured) and Cole would turn heel on him due to jealousy causing a split in the UE between Cole/Strong and O'Reilly/Fish

could we see ever an all Aussie title match at a Mania Ripley v Storm?

Rhea & Toni have already had title matches for both the NXT UK & NXT Women's titles--- I can easily see their careers being linked all the way through and one day facing off for the Raw & Smackdown titles, maybe either a Women's Tag title reign as a duo at one stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back