Ovens and King Football League 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Talking about only playing half the season, where did he end up in the comp medal. Actually where can you find out who finished where. Nothing on the O&K website.

Talking about only playing half the season, where did he end up in the comp medal. Actually where can you find out who finished where. Nothing on the O&K website.
Love finished with 11 votes behind Tom Buckley who got 14 and yes they have a Team of the Year . I believe Love was in it .

Sorry Trooper, my post may have been a little long for your limited attention span, or I may have used a couple of long words which confused you along the way. I was not having a crack at Glenrowan, merely lamenting the direction that country footy is heading. If you read the whole post you will see that I though Glenrowan were deserving winners. I dont want to see footy head down a path where only players that are good enough to get paid can play the game. Clubs folding under the weight of constant spending by opposition clubs, clubs getting pushed out for not being 'competitive'. It will be the death of the game at an amature level. I appreciate and am glad that the standard of O&K is on the up, and that is thanks to Millawa, Tarra, Glenrowan (especially the past two seasons). I'm on board with that and want to see it continue. But what about the also-rans, the Swanpool's, Tatong's, Wunghnu's etc who only played for the love of the game, and didn't have the resources to challenge cashed up clubs on a weekly basis, let alone push for a premiership. Where do these players go? Where do their children play footy? I'm looking long term mate, I want my kids to be able to play in the same club I play for (and I dont even have kids yet!!!). I dont want my club (or any other!) to outreach its fundraising capability just to be competitive for two years then only to disappear a couple of seasons later, regardless of premierships. I'm not offering any big answers, I'm merely putting forth my opinion.

Trooper how do you know I'm not already heavily involved in my club? Maybe it is jealousy, I give credit to glenrowan for getting a flag, but having been involved in my club for several years now it annoys me more than anything that they did it in such a short time. I can't understand how you can go from being on the bottom of the ladder and being beaten by 150+ to then making the grand final the following year... Please explain to me how this happens??

Hey rumble, how's things shaping up at moyhu? Do you think waity will go alright as coach and do you think he will be able to draw players?
Hey Rumour, sorry I have been away interstate for a few weeks so don't really know what's been happening.
I think that he will go well. Apparently he has a knowledge of a lot of footballers, and some of these are not local to Wangaratta only which is important when trying to recruit. I've heard rumours that he will have some good help in the role which is also something that a young first year coach needs. I hope that he does really well.

Tally is a fair drive to benalla, whats the link there.

I know a little about this bloke stepped in half way through the year as assistant coach - never had any senior coaching experience before and by the look of things the players he is taking from Tallygaroopna are average two's players, some lack commitment but best of all these blokes are now getting paid!! Good luck Benalla All Blacks

I know a little about this bloke stepped in half way through the year as assistant coach - never had any senior coaching experience before and by the look of things the players he is taking from Tallygaroopna are average two's players, some lack commitment but best of all these blokes are now getting paid!! Good luck Benalla All Blacks

he is bringing players unlike Gil did so we are already in front of where we were this time last year and the year before

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back