O&M 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Liquid

Draftee
Apr 19, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
football only thing keeping mellington on the rails there for a while. 7 weeks off will either make or break the kid.

O&M Live on their Facebook page are saying he will only serve the 3 matches, with the other 4 suspended for the 2017 season.

If this is right, what is the point of having suspended sentences if they are not automatically triggered if a subsequent offence occurs in that period.
Makes a mockery of the whole process.

I haven't even seen the incident so not commenting on if the sentence is appropriate, just the flawed process of the suspended sentence...

meat inspector

Senior List
Mar 4, 2012
australia
AFL Club
Carlton
O&M Live on their Facebook page are saying he will only serve the 3 matches, with the other 4 suspended for the 2017 season.

If this is right, what is the point of having suspended sentences if they are not automatically triggered if a subsequent offence occurs in that period.

I haven't even seen the incident so not commenting on if the sentence is appropriate, just the flawed process of the suspended sentence...
Remember which club we are discussing here different rules for the yellow and black

head16

Team Captain
Apr 15, 2008
LPO
AFL Club
North Melbourne

This has been clarified via Greg Dawson on the O&M live Facebook page. Mellington will miss 7 seven games.
I think a poorly worded tweet by the O&M caused a bit of the confusion. It said something like "sanction 3 weeks, plus 4 weeks suspended (reimposed)"
The word reimposed should've been replaced with (he will miss 7 games total)

Cobalt King

Team Captain
Sep 21, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
How many weeks are you allowed to get before the life ban? 16 or something like that? Mellington has used a fair whack of it here

Rknee

Senior List
Sep 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Hearing that the "fevola" rule may be used by the Tigers and Mellington is going to serve his 7 matches in the NT.

B.O.G

Senior List
Feb 14, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hi guys,

Just trying to get a bit of info from other leagues in regards to electronic scoreboards.

Do all teams in your comp have them? is their many teams looking to get them?

of the teams who have them, do people rate them?

Cheers

FootyTragic1981

Draftee
Sep 21, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Caught with an illegal substance twice in the recent few months is what I heard, not sure if that's true or rumour but would think he would have to sharpen up if Joss is to keep him on the books
Had heard he stole his roommates ex partners engagement ring and sold it for quick cash!!!!! Same issues at previous club who covered it up very well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CurryMagic

Cancelled
Dec 2, 2015
2008 AFL GF, 5 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Showtime Lakers are back
Hi guys,

Just trying to get a bit of info from other leagues in regards to electronic scoreboards.

Do all teams in your comp have them? is their many teams looking to get them?

of the teams who have them, do people rate them?

Cheers

It is a fifty-fifty split. Five clubs in the comp do, five don't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back