Oppo Camp Off-season movements 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Post here if there are any movements in the VFL this year.

Lachie Ferguson after his time away will be back at Collingwood VFL next year.

Williamstown have added 5 Western Jets to their playing list.

Gary Buckenara is North Ballarat's new GM of Football.

Ben Casley from Williamstown is likely to join Northern Blues.

Frankston losing another one of their good players in Shane Hockey, moving to WA to play for South Freo.

Jarrad Matheson has signed with Port Melbourne.

Cale Morton has left Coburg.

Wang Rovers young gun Alex Marklew has signed with Essendon VFL. He's a mercurial livewire forward who won the O & M rising star in 2013.

WANGARATTA Rovers young gun Alex Marklew will try his luck in the VFL next year.

Essendon has won the race for the utility, who has developed into one of the O and M’s excitement machines, who has the ability to play forward and in the midfield.

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/3478711/essendon-the-new-home-for-rovers-young-gun/?cs=10

Last edited:
Sam Dwyer
(Collingwood > Port Melbourne
Josh Tynan
(Frankston > Port Melbourne)
Matt Dea
(Richmond > Williamstown)
A shame Tynan's moving. Frankston finally got someone to provide him with good service in Sikora.

Is the big fella moving down there?

Clayton McCartney is moving to Frankston as well but that's a non event for a suburban footballer
Yep, their best signing in 2 years.

Marcus Marigliani is leaving the VFL and I believe will be playing for Heidelberg next season.

I hope Ess VFL are in the ear of some former AFL players, losing him and Hardy is a lot of experience gone!

Arryn Sipposs has signed with Sandringham too

Any word on any experienced players coming to the Essendon VFL next year?
Apart from a few re-signings, we appear to be quiet on the VFL front atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any word on any experienced players coming to the Essendon VFL next year?
Apart from a few re-signings, we appear to be quiet on the VFL front atm.
I've heard we're into back to back Frosty Miller Medalist Sam Grimley but we don't really need much more than that.

Would have thought replacing two VFL stars would be a high priority? (Marigliani > Heidelberg & Hardingham > Pascoe Vale)
We're targeting Grimley for that reason, but Rigga isn't that big a loss. He was playing off HB and was decent at it but we have blokes like Tippa, Morgan, Ashby and VFL guys like McNeice to cover that. Biggest need for me would be an additional outside runner.

We're targeting Grimley for that reason, but Rigga isn't that big a loss. He was playing off HB and was decent at it but we have blokes like Tippa, Morgan, Ashby and VFL guys like McNeice to cover that. Biggest need for me would be an additional outside runner.

NoB? Kav? Browne? All featured in our VFL B@F did they not?

Wouldn't expect our new recruits to hold up the team like the three aforementioned guys

NoB? Kav? Browne? All featured in our VFL B@F did they not?

Wouldn't expect our new recruits to hold up the team like the three aforementioned guys
Schroder to have an improved year. Howlett might go down to the VFL. Browne played more outside and off HB. Cooney a chance to be playing magoos.

Yeah, that was a surprise.

Kav is playing SANFL for Central Districts. Probably more suited to that league than the VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back