Off season movements 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit more from Brisbane - Simon Milenko re-joins Redlands Tigers. You'd assume he won't feature with Queensland unless they have a heap of injuries. Also heard Alister McDermott is likely to focus on his Premier Cricket coaching. Playing future up in the air but unlikely by the sounds of it.
Any word as to which Queensland fast bowler with FC cricket experience moved to Victoria Premier?

Any word as to which Queensland fast bowler with FC cricket experience moved to Victoria Premier?
No - unless Adam Dale is making a comeback, I can only assume it was Jack Prestwidge, although he has yet to play at first class level. I can't find any others who have moved. Pretty sure Pete George is focusing on his back-foot no-ball detector (got some govt start-up funding last year) but is still based here in Qld. Luke Feldman is going around again in Premier Cricket too I gather.

Last edited:

Prestwidge is the only one from Qld on the move to Vic. I gather whoever it was to break that news just got their List A's and their FC's mixed up. Prestwidge already got picked for the Vic emerging training squad for the preseason. https://www.cricketvictoria.com.au/2020-emerging-performance-squad/
Paul Amy announced Prestwidge before he sent that other tweet. May have been in the works but changed his mind and stayed in Queensland with the COVID stuff

Heat could use a middle order bat, especially if the talk of Renshaw potentially going to the strikers is true.

He'd be a great get for the 'Canes. You're not going to get a better domestic T20 batsman to replace Bailey.

Was wondering when that would finally happen with Faulkner. Wouldn't have played many shield games even out over like a 3 or 4 year period now so the Tasmanian contract was basically just to subsidise his big bash deal at this stage. Unlucky with the injuries as had more ability with bat and ball in red ball cricket than people would give him credit for. If he played as many tests when he was fit as Mitch Marsh has would have done much better than he has to date.
IMO Faulkner is/was a much better longer form cricketer than Mitch Marsh. The latter would need to have a real good back half of his career to change my thoughts on that.

There was never really a bowling all rounders position up for grabs in our team, given our batting was weak and our bowling has - for the most part - remained strong post-golden era. But you could definitely have mounted a case half a decade ago that Faulkner's batting was basically the same level as Marsh and Faulkner would have been the strongest #5 bowler in the world in any test team. Yes Marsh looks a much better batsmen to the eye but it hasn't really resulted in significantly better performances in the longer format.

It's all moot now anyway - I'd be surprised if Faulkner is interested in playing the longer format to try and win back a contract of some description. He seems happy enough to be a gun for hire in T20 cricket and CA seem happy enough to have moved on from him. I got the impression he wasn't the most liked guy in the corridors of Jolimont and when that happens things like DUI's turn from suspensions to career killers.

James Seymour from Victoria moved to NSW over the winter apparently. Scored a ton in Grade Cricket on the weekend

Sounds like there was a bit of an exodus from VIC grade due to COVID. On the news the other night down here they had the club season launch in Hobart and mentioned that there were a lot of VIC pros come down for this season.

Sounds like there was a bit of an exodus from VIC grade due to COVID. On the news the other night down here they had the club season launch in Hobart and mentioned that there were a lot of VIC pros come down for this season.

Yep, Brayden Stepien is amongst them. Will return to Melbourne when the premier season kicks off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back