******** OFF- Williams and obree....

Remove this Banner Ad

• Banned
guess_who said:
So is Tarant.
nah champ..disagree....taz is a star..gotta keep him..

had bout 12 thousant players on him

dont be suprised if tarrant wants 2 be released at the end of the season..he looks unhappy & uninterested...

delist:
williams
obree
holland
woewodin

tarrant - trade
williams - murdered (cant see malthouse letting him go)
obree - delist
jason cloke - delist
cameron cloke - delist
walker - delist
cole - trade
woewodin - trade

Holland? He's given/giving us good service.

Lockyer
O'Bree
Woewodin

The above three guys are supposedly our leaders. The only thing they lead are the Plod Squad.

Williams is flat out the worst footy players I've ever seen play AFL. Enough!

good to see deroo living up to his bigfooty moniker.....

williams has run his race in the seniors for now....with Willy hitting some form and Swan coming back from injury and getting best-on, Yak getting another solid game, same with King, Heath Shaw, Lokan etc. they will promote one of the younger guys to take williams spot....he just couldnt do anything right today, dropped the footy, couldnt get in the contest

obree found some touches out wide etc. but again he let us down in a few areas as he does most weeks this season, no depth in his kicking, doesnt get it enough to hurt the opposition......obree at his best is a damaging midfield player, just look at his 2000-01 form....but i dont like his chances of reproducing that somehow

as for derro....you are an idiot mate

Some of you seem to have it in for Malthouse and Tarrant, but these two are not your problem. Mick coached a side of hacks to successive top-4 finishes and grand finals some 2-3 years ago (as well as two flags with the Eagles). As for Tarrant he is a great player who just needs to kick straighter and have the ball delivered to him better. And I don't know of any player who can consistently beat 4 opposition players in the one contest, which is what he is up against most weeks. He also seems to play alot better with A.Rocca in the side.

So don't take the easy option and say crap like "sack the coach" or "trade the (star) full-forward". Whether you like it or not you're just gunna have to rebuild - get rid of the dead wood (too many to mention) and make sure your recruiting is spot on for the next few years. Although going by your recent history in this department, you might want to sack the recruitment team instead !!

What is all this talk about Tarrant being un-happy with Collingwood?
Has anyone got any proof of this?

Guess_who, I guess you don't know anything about football. Tarrant is a superstar. Enough said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ill take Tarrant for Eagle first 2 draft picks next year and we can throw in Kasey Green, you seem to have a liking for the Eagle duds. If your getting rid of one you gotta replace him with another :)

Coin_Toss said:
What is all this talk about Tarrant being un-happy with Collingwood?
Has anyone got any proof of this?

Guess_who, I guess you don't know anything about football. Tarrant is a superstar. Enough said.

Ok I've calmed down after the game. Yeah he is but not at FF, he can't kick for goal and is so frustrating infront of the big sticks. If we could lure some one huge to the club by offering Tarrant then go ahead. Collingwood need to asses what it is they need to move on and be a succesfull club in the future. I think Tarrant would most definately be in the planning for the future but why doesn't some one teach him how to be more accurate infront of goals!! surely if he does get double or triple teamed every week when he does get limited oportunity infront of the goals say 3 or 4 shots at goal surely hed want to make the most of them and be kicking at atleast 80 or more percent!!!

Anyone saying Tarrant is a dud, should be traded, has no passion...has lost all credibility they have, if they ever had any. He chased, tackled, presented today, the delivery form the midfield murdered him once again, he is clearly carrying a hip injury, having the goggles on him several times today gave me ample proof of this. He had 2/3 blokes to beat everytime the ball went forward... and still took a few contested marks and kicked 2.3.

Please direct your misguided vitriol to where its required...the midfield and half forward line, and leave our gun FF well alone.

guess_who said:
Ok I've calmed down after the game. Yeah he is but not at FF, he can't kick for goal and is so frustrating infront of the big sticks. If we could lure some one huge to the club by offering Tarrant then go ahead. Collingwood need to asses what it is they need to move on and be a succesfull club in the future. I think Tarrant would most definately be in the planning for the future but why doesn't some one teach him how to be more accurate infront of goals!! surely if he does get double or triple teamed every week when he does get limited oportunity infront of the goals say 3 or 4 shots at goal surely hed want to make the most of them and be kicking at atleast 80 or more percent!!!

mate, your an idiot. tarrant had 2 players on him. and in the past 3 games he has tried his heart out. instead of judging him by his goal accuracy, look at the small things he does you ****************, the 1%ers, his tackling and pressure on the opposition are outstanding. so before you go crucifying one of our key players, get your facts right you moron.

rychenroller said:
Anyone saying Tarrant is a dud, should be traded, has no passion...has lost all credibility they have, if they ever had any. He chased, tackled, presented today, the delivery form the midfield murdered him once again, he is clearly carrying a hip injury, having the goggles on him several times today gave me ample proof of this. He had 2/3 blokes to beat everytime the ball went forward... and still took a few contested marks and kicked 2.3.

Please direct your misguided vitriol to where its required...the midfield and half forward line, and leave our gun FF well alone.

Here, hear! Couldn't agree more, Taz would be consistently brilliant if he had some support. Blake Caracella would have to be the softest player on our list, ( Williams excluded - hopefully won't be on our list next year), and does not give any support to the rest of the guys. Our midfield today was embarrassed by the AFL midfields laughing stock - Essendon. They also do not have any ruckmen or quick midfielders, yet they blew us away in the centre today, with Cam Cloke needing to use his ample frame and crash into Laycock at any given oppertunity. The guy is half his bulk and was never going to run out the game, so Cam needed to get him thinking twice about going into packs and ruck contests by hitting him hard.
Too many on our list that are so-so, with no real improvement on the horizon, its time to use the broom both short term (magoos) and long term ( delistings)!
Maxwell, T.Cloke, J.Rowe all looked impressive today with good football brains, whereas Williams, O'Bree, Woewoefull have NO long term future at this club.

I would have to agree with most people, Woewodin needs to find another place to call home, since we got him, his form has slipped from Brownlow medalist, to Andrew Williams, im sure other clubs will take him the same way that me took Scotty Cummings and Jared Molloy for a couple of years

derro said:
tarrant - trade
williams - murdered (cant see malthouse letting him go)
obree - delist
jason cloke - delist
cameron cloke - delist
walker - delist
cole - trade
woewodin - trade

Jumping off the cloke bandwagon already? Funny about that.

Why sack the clokes?

they did nothing wrong

Well, I can see why MM would want to keep Woewodin, you gotta admit, he does have good games at times, Look at the melbourne midfield, you see why he got a brownlow,

Coz melbourne has

A ******** MIDFIELD!

Woewodin probaly lifted that midfield to the 2000 gf

So, that's why MM keeps woewodin, even so woewodin is not used to a club with good midfielders

O Bree used to be good back then, with the occainsal 1 excellent game a year, should on the traders list now.

But I can't see why MM is taking Willi, MM is blinded by "WCE Love"

Maybe MM is secrectly supporting the WCE and giving worsfold tips

I answered this to support Lockyer who I think is one of the more reliable and consistent players you have. I'd have him or Shaw at Port despite their detractors.
But I disagree Tarrant is anything special. When Collingwood is firing and Rocca is in the mix Tarrant steps up and looks good. Every team has players like this who do their special stuff when the team is behind them. But when Collingwood are in strife my impression is that Tarrant is not the one who rolls up his sleeves and gets you back into it. Licuria, Buckley, Burns, Lockyer yes. Not Tarrant.

Powerstufff said:
I answered this to support Lockyer who I think is one of the more reliable and consistent players you have. I'd have him or Shaw at Port despite their detractors.
But I disagree Tarrant is anything special. When Collingwood is firing and Rocca is in the mix Tarrant steps up and looks good. Every team has players like this who do their special stuff when the team is behind them. But when Collingwood are in strife my impression is that Tarrant is not the one who rolls up his sleeves and gets you back into it. Licuria, Buckley, Burns, Lockyer yes. Not Tarrant.

Thanks for your support re Tarks. He's not in great form atm but he's onbe of our most valuable performers, and he NEVER gives up.

Re Taz you are half right. He definitely needs a big forward playing well to take some of the heat. When Cam and Trav showed a bit of spark in the second quarter, Taz was able to get one-out against his opponent and kicked two valuable behinds from set shots.

Its not an attitude thing with Tarrant, its a size thing. He's not big enough to carry the forward line alone, because he is too easily double and triple teamed.

If Taz is good enough to draw 2 extra opponants, that's good enough for me. It means there are 2 free magpies running around unchecked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back