Roast Officially bottom four.

Remove this Banner Ad

How ironic would that be too, that should (touch wood not to!) we end up with the spoon and have the #1 draft pick we wouldn't end up actually even getting that either since we traded that away in the past 2 drafts
Do you secretly support Hawthorn? Because they're the only club in danger of that this year.

Do you secretly support Hawthorn? Because they're the only club in danger of that this year.

No I am most definitely a pies supporter and 15 years legends member at that if you really want some sort of proof of my allegiance, I was merely commenting objectively upon what a cruel twist of irony it would be if those circumstances were to eventuate, but as previous posters have pointed out this would be an impossibility - I was just uncertain as to whether this years draft we had a first round pick as the convoluted inter-club backroom trade deals require a high-level aptitude in mathematics and relative physics to follow let alone understand, I know we traded away 2 for treloar and then HE.

I know that the ability of someone to make an objective comment about Collingwoods mis/fortunes on this board or elsewhere is difficult to comprehend and all, however after walking out of gate 1 yesterday with that obscenely offensive song blaring I feel curiously emotionless

Was thinking about this earlier and was my sentiment. At this stage we are headed for that bottom 4 finish. Be interesting to see how much the new coach goes to turning over the list. Will it be reboot and try to move up quickly or will the new thought be full rebuild with expectations we are years away.

My feel it will be full rebuild. Would say there is not enough talent amongst the younger players to say we are just a few top ups away from contending. Amongst our initially highly rated youngsters none of Broomhead, WHE, Aish, or Shaz look star material. It's just too many good picks to turn over without a winner.

This would probably be the first season under Bux that we were officially inside the bottom 4 after 7 rounds. What a slow, painful ride these 6 years have been. This is like Chinese water torture, what have we done to deserve this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This would probably be the first season under Bux that we were officially inside the bottom 4 after 7 rounds. What a slow, painful ride these 6 years have been. This is like Chinese water torture, what have we done to deserve this?

5499b4b93b001d70fec18f960f45cf67

And how many kids do we have performing well ???

Count them on one hand
Exactly right. They are ordinary. Maybe Phillips given he has only had a season and at least shown something is a pass.

Daicos and Brown need to get games this year. McLarty is obviously another year away.

We have obviously done a 'Richmond' and over-rated the list considering we brought in Mayne and Wells.

2 first round picks for Treloar is looking ludicrous. Yes a good player for us (disposal needs some work), but looking at how the draft system is being played, it looks like only the absolute top players in the league may be close to it. Another failing by the club to negotiate properly.

Pretty hard to stomach how many teams have gone past us.

Carlton
Essendon
Gold Coast
Melbourne
St Kilda

Just two-three years ago we were ahead of these teams. Hell, even the doggies were about on par.

Fremantle were horrible and Port weren't far off our shitness last year but now both are far better than us. Wouldn't be surprised if Brisbane take over us this season too.

Let's overreact in here, let's exaggerate and just let true emotions fly.
Let's go FERAL!

Well on the bright side, the last time we sucked this bad we ended up with our best performer in 2 grand finals and an all-time great player.

... Although last time we sucked this hard the majority of our key players were genuinely injured. lol

So much heat on Buckley and very little being said about Hine.

His track record is heading in the wrong direction.
Hine recruits to the coaches wishes.
The coach develops the game plan, the coach tells the recruiter what type of player he needs to implement the game plan.
The coach also approves of the players taken before they are taken.
Hine might not be the magic man everyone thought he was, but he is employed to do the coaches bidding.
If anyone doesn't understand that then they don't understand AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back