Game Day Official Practice game v Freo. Saturday Aug 19. @ Victor George Kailis Oval 11:05 WAST

Remove this Banner Ad

1 S Frederick, 2 E James, 5 I Evans, 6 J Allen, 7 S Rowe, 8 B Bonnici, 9 A Porter, 12 S Livingstone, 13 G Campbell, 14 A Sheridan, 15 E Fowler, 16 S Sansonetti, 17 N Morris-Dalton, 18 R Schleicher, 19 O Barber, 20 S Karlson, 21 E Morris, 22 S Casey, 23 L Butler, 24 L Brazzale, 25 M Cann, 26 T Brown, 28 C Blair, 29 T White

Notable absences: Bri Davey, Ash Brazill, Jo Lin, Imogen Barnett
New faces: Tarni White, Selena Karlson, Grace Campbell, Nell Morris-Dalton

The 24-player squad includes Grace Campbell (traded from North Melbourne), Nell Morris-Dalton (traded from the Western Bulldogs), Eleri Morris (Pick 13 in the 2023 AFLW Supplementary Draft), Selena Karlson (Pick 14 in the 2023 AFLW Supplementary Draft), and Tarni White (traded from St Kilda), who are all new to the team in 2023.

18-year-old Charlotte Blair will play her first official competitive match for the Pies, after completing Year 12 at the conclusion of season seven.

The match will also mark Grace Campbell’s first official hit-out since her season-ending ACL injury in season seven.

Ash Brazill will be managed having returned this week from South Africa after winning Gold with the Australian Diamonds at the Netball World Cup.

Imogen Barnett will be unavailable for Saturday’s practice match due to a finger injury which is expected to see her sidelined for 2-3 weeks.

Joanna Lin will also sit out the game with a foot injury which is expected to make her unavailable for 2-3 weeks.

Brianna Davey will be managed (hamstring).

Charlotte Taylor will be sidelined with a knee injury which is expected to see her sidelined for 10-14 weeks. The Club will provide a further update on her injury in the coming weeks.

1 S Frederick, 2 E James, 5 I Evans, 6 J Allen, 7 S Rowe, 8 B Bonnici, 9 A Porter, 12 S Livingstone, 13 G Campbell, 14 A Sheridan, 15 E Fowler, 16 S Sansonetti, 17 N Morris-Dalton, 18 R Schleicher, 19 O Barber, 20 S Karlson, 21 E Morris, 22 S Casey, 23 L Butler, 24 L Brazzale, 25 M Cann, 26 T Brown, 28 C Blair, 29 T White

Notable absences: Bri Davey, Ash Brazill, Jo Lin, Imogen Barnett
New faces: Tarni White, Selena Karlson, Grace Campbell, Nell Morris-Dalton

The 24-player squad includes Grace Campbell (traded from North Melbourne), Nell Morris-Dalton (traded from the Western Bulldogs), Eleri Morris (Pick 13 in the 2023 AFLW Supplementary Draft), Selena Karlson (Pick 14 in the 2023 AFLW Supplementary Draft), and Tarni White (traded from St Kilda), who are all new to the team in 2023.

18-year-old Charlotte Blair will play her first official competitive match for the Pies, after completing Year 12 at the conclusion of season seven.

The match will also mark Grace Campbell’s first official hit-out since her season-ending ACL injury in season seven.

Ash Brazill will be managed having returned this week from South Africa after winning Gold with the Australian Diamonds at the Netball World Cup.

Imogen Barnett will be unavailable for Saturday’s practice match due to a finger injury which is expected to see her sidelined for 2-3 weeks.

Joanna Lin will also sit out the game with a foot injury which is expected to make her unavailable for 2-3 weeks.

Brianna Davey will be managed (hamstring).

Charlotte Taylor will be sidelined with a knee injury which is expected to see her sidelined for 10-14 weeks. The Club will provide a further update on her injury in the coming weeks.

Don’t like to see Bri Davey ‘hamstring’.☹️

Is Porter playing in the forward line now? Or just floated down? If so, I don't mind it to some degree. Fast, tenacious, tackling = forward pressure. I just won't bet my house on her kicking many set shots that's all.

Is Porter playing in the forward line now? Or just floated down? If so, I don't mind it to some degree. Fast, tenacious, tackling = forward pressure. I just won't bet my house on her kicking many set shots that's all

Is Porter playing in the forward line now? Or just floated down? If so, I don't mind it to some degree. Fast, tenacious, tackling = forward pressure. I just won't bet my house on her kicking many set shots that's all.
PORTER!!! Happy to be proven wrong!! 😁

It's rough when you have to answer your own question hey Jen
Yeah, I came across Freo's match report.

5. COLLINGWOOD MIDFIELD PUZZLE

The departures of Steph Chiocci and Jaimee Lambert has opened up opportunity at Collingwood this pre-season but the club’s midfield mix is taking shape. Mikala Cann has been a strong AFLW midfielder for years now and looks set to continue her build, covering the ground well and getting busy at the contest. But Tarni Brown was one of Collingwood’s strong performers, finding plenty of footy around the ground and pushing forward to produce scoring opportunities. Tarni White was also solid in her first unofficial hitout for the Magpies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still to come into the side for rd 1 hopefully Davey, Barnett, Schleicher, Brazil. So some talent missing today.
No injuries from the game so I'm sure the coach would be happy ish with the outcome
Thats good to hear.
yeah, some missing and still fared pretty well against freo in a practice game. I'm more thrilled that we'll get a new look midfield, and Tarni brown seems to be stepping up.

Still to come into the side for rd 1 hopefully Davey, Barnett, Schleicher, Brazil. So some talent missing today.
No injuries from the game so I'm sure the coach would be happy ish with the outcome
Well said.
I'd probably add Jo Lin as a Rd 1 inclusion as well.

I only saw most of the 2nd half and it was like a game from a few years ago with plenty of contested stuff but not a lot of finesse, except from a few.

I was very impressed with Eleri Morris as a key forward and then she kicked 2 goals!

On very limited watching I thought the best were
Allen, Cann, Morris, James, White, Casey, Brazzale.
Didn't really see Brit B, Butler, Tarni until the end - went too close to player on mark from 25 m out and hooked shot to hit behind post in last minute when 1 point down.
Stacey another season older,
Fowler and Sabrina as previously seen
Rowe still a great runner but kicking all over the shop as usual.
Karlson moves well as a tall defender.
Morris-Dalton nice kick at goal.
I can't remember seeing Campbell.

The above on very limited viewing remember.
Did anyone else see the match?

Yeah, I came across Freo's match report.

Tarni's field kicking has improved which is a bonus. But having said that she got a head high free on a slight angle from about 25 out (kicking from 30). She needed to only score 1 point to tie the game, and a goal would have won it with about 60-90 sec on the clock. The kick didn't come off the boot that well but made the distance .... into the point post. doh! So no score. Disappointing but it's only a practice match and neither side really reacted once the siren went. It was a good blow out from all.

IIRC, we pretty much dominated in the first quarter. They scored a goal from a luck fast entry break which was against the tide.

2nd quarter we controlled the game again, 3rd quarter they smashed us, and we came back in the last. Not sure if there was a wind at that end of the ground?

Hi, my Collingood supporting partner missed the live stream - is there a replay or at least Collingwood highlights anywhere? Can’t find them on the club website and the clips on Freo’s site seem to be just their own highlights.
Not so far. Hopefully they put up some highlights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back