Autopsy St Kilda v Collingwood - Sunday September 24. 3:05pm @RSEA Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHOA?

The news on the injury front is less positive for Collingwood, however, naming train-on player Jess Bates in its extended squad for Sunday's match against St Kilda.

Didn't realize we could play her given she is on our vflw list, unless we put someone on the inactive list (A couple would qualify) I'd be curious if she plays, how she handles the step up.

WHOA?

The news on the injury front is less positive for Collingwood, however, naming train-on player Jess Bates in its extended squad for Sunday's match against St Kilda.

Didn't realize we could play her given she is on our vflw list, unless we put someone on the inactive list (A couple would qualify) I'd be curious if she plays, how she handles the step up.

Didn’t know we could do that, but we desperately need some help. I hope she debuts.

If Jess plays well through the middle, then Bri just might be able to spend time at half forward.

when does Tarni start playing in and under in the guts?? Shes fast, she's tough, good hands, tackles, handballs on both sides .... just can't kick and is not a fwd.

1695340961389.png

From AFLW site.

In one of the most enthralling games of last season, Collingwood dramatically got over the line against the Saints thanks to a last-gasp goal from Eliza James. The Pies' inaccuracy almost cost them the win in that game, and it is a problem they haven't quite solved given last week against Gold Coast it did result in a loss. This year things look very different for both sides. Steph Chiocci and Jaimee Lambert are now Saints, Tarni White is now a Pie, and neither side has started the season how they would have liked.

Both St Kilda and Collingwood have been poor clearance teams over the opening three rounds. The Pies are averaging a competition-low 22.7 clearances per game, with Brianna Davey responsible for 7.7 of those, while the Saints are registering 7.7 fewer clearances than their opponents each week. This game is a chance for Davey and fellow Pies Mikala Cann and Brit Bonnici to get their stoppage game back on track, and their forward line simply must make more of their attempts on goal and put the Saints' defence under pressure.

From AFLW site.

....The Pies are averaging a competition-low 22.7 clearances per game, with Brianna Davey responsible for 7.7 of those, while the Saints are registering 7.7 fewer clearances than their opponents each week. This game is a chance for Davey and fellow Pies Mikala Cann and Brit Bonnici to get their stoppage game back on track, and their forward line simply must make more of their attempts on goal and put the Saints' defence under pressure.

Would love to know clearence break down... i.e are the clearences down across the team in ground ball gets? ... or is the low number avervaged in not getting an opportunity from ruck stoppages? 🤔 I can only speculate, but worth taking a closer look.

Would love to know clearence break down... i.e are the clearences down across the team in ground ball gets? ... or is the low number avervaged in not getting an opportunity from ruck stoppages? 🤔 I can only speculate, but worth taking a closer look.
This is one site I found but really doesn't answer your question.

Still interesting though and I know we would be up schitt creek without Davey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

relief to see davey returning to the field .... [edit] looks ok

as an aside, collingwood should look at jade ellinger from the lions ..... endurance, speed, good skills by hand and foot ..... and comfortable winning contested ball ...... she might be tempted by better $

Last edited:
Clearly the unfittest team in the AFLW. Require a fair bit of change for next year & beyond. Trading Lambert & Chiochi was not smart.
Can't just be that. Poor coaching. Just kicking long to the same contest out of defence and hoping for the best. Combine that with our inability to take a mark up forward, now you see the struggle.

Clearly the unfittest team in the AFLW. Require a fair bit of change for next year & beyond. Trading Lambert & Chiochi was not smart.
Didn't have any choice, they left. Didn't care about Chiochi but Lambert was a huge loss.

We have been ravaged by expansion clubs and have had little to no return in compensation.

In saying that, very poor today against a team that hadn't won a game.

Why do our girls have a poor fitness level and a poor skill base? The club needs to overhaul the women's programme, and decide how seriously it wants to take it.
Not sure how much money the club puts into the programme, but it just looks like a low budget excercise at the moment.
Very disappointing performance today against a team that hadn't even won a game. We are so far behind other teams, and that gap will only increase unless the club starts to review the programme and bring in what we need to improve it.
Our season is already over after today, just 4 rounds in.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back