Game Day Collingwood v Geelong - Round 8. Sunday October 22. 1:05pm @ Vic Park.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's back.

NAB AFLW Round Eight
Collingwood v Geelong
Sunday October 22, 1.05pm
Victoria Park, Wurundjeri

IN: Ruby Schleicher, Stacey Livingstone, Imogen Evans
Out: Joanna Lin (Omitted), Alana Porter (Injured), Ash Brazill (Injured)

COLLINGWOOD v GEELONG
BSophie CaseyStacey Livingstone
HBRuby SchleicherLauren ButlerSarah Sansonetti
CJordyn AllenMikala CannTarni White
HFEliza JamesNell Morris-DaltonEmily Smith
F Brianna DaveySarah Rowe
RSabrina FredrickBrittany BonniciAishling Sheridan
INTEleri MorrisErica FowlerImogen Evans
Grace CampbellLauren Brazzale
EMGCharlotte BlairJoanna LinTarni Brown

She's back.

NAB AFLW Round Eight
Collingwood v Geelong
Sunday October 22, 1.05pm
Victoria Park, Wurundjeri

IN: Ruby Schleicher, Stacey Livingstone, Imogen Evans
Out: Joanna Lin (Omitted), Alana Porter (Injured), Ash Brazill (Injured)

COLLINGWOOD v GEELONG
BSophie CaseyStacey Livingstone
HBRuby SchleicherLauren ButlerSarah Sansonetti
CJordyn AllenMikala CannTarni White
HFEliza JamesNell Morris-DaltonEmily Smith
FBrianna DaveySarah Rowe
RSabrina FredrickBrittany BonniciAishling Sheridan
INTEleri MorrisErica FowlerImogen Evans
Grace CampbellLauren Brazzale
EMGCharlotte BlairJoanna LinTarni Brown

Yes but now we’ll miss Porter and Brazill. Pie girls can’t take a trick this season.

Strong inclusions of Schleicher and Livingston somewhat offsets the disappointing loss of Porter and Ash Braz.
Let's hope it's enough to get over the line.
Schleicher, not playing since last year's final will be a little underdone.
Possibly she plays a little closer to goal.
Big games required again from the mids. Cats strong in this area.
Sheridan to shut down prespakis I reckon.
Go pies

Looking good so far in horrid conditions. First to the ball so far and adjusted better to the wet, gaining territory whenever possible. Our only two goals were against the wind in the second quarter, so hopefully we kick on in the third.

Lazy play in the 4th qtr. This kick long down the line strategy doesn't work unless you have an effective tall target. How someone Frederick's size gets out marked consistently is astonishing.

On the flip side, seemed like a good crowd in considering the horrible weather. Last home game is Rd 10 against Richmond at Vic Park so hoping for a big crowd.

Phew, nice to get the win. Our games v Geelong always frustrate me, always so close and an arm wrestle. And we always have a lapse when we conceed scores.

On the other side, I got free food and drinks, after one of the blokes in the food van I know him. Used to work with him at moonee valley, he was like... On the house haha.

Phew, nice to get the win. Our games v Geelong always frustrate me, always so close and an arm wrestle. And we always have a lapse when we conceed scores.

On the other side, I got free food and drinks, after one of the blokes in the food van I know him. Used to work with him at moonee valley, he was like... On the house haha.

That game was hard to watch. Not helped by the conditions, but we score so little. Although we strangle the opposition too - they don’t score much either.

Good to see Ruby back. She ran out some cobwebs today.

That game was hard to watch. Not helped by the conditions, but we score so little. Although we strangle the opposition too - they don’t score much either.

Feels like our games v geelong are always this way low scoring (I'm surprised we managed to to kick a few in those conditions in the third), Geelong give no space and always high pressure.
Prob the worst team I hate playing against. its always a battle.

Great win today by the ladies. Now four in a row, and 6th on the ladder. Hopefully we just go on to win our remaining two games against Sydney and Richmond and then onwards and upwards into finals.
Frederick is having a great season in the ruck. Her form has made a huge difference in the past month, and Rowey has been terrific all season and again today. Really liking the form of Sansonetti as well over the past fortnight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a shocking day for footy. The swirling wind, which turned into a full on blustery gale for about 15 mins or so, with rain coming in sideways!!

Great win today by the ladies. Now four in a row, and 6th on the ladder. Hopefully we just go on to win our remaining two games against Sydney and Richmond and then onwards and upwards into finals.
Frederick is having a great season in the ruck. Her form has made a huge difference in the past month, and Rowey has been terrific all season and again today. Really liking the form of Sansonetti as well over the past fortnight.
I have to admit I was wrong about Sab at the start of the season, she’s really come into her own in the ruck, which is great to see. Dominated an “actual ruck” in Liv Fuller.

I have to admit I was wrong about Sab at the start of the season, she’s really come into her own in the ruck, which is great to see. Dominated an “actual ruck” in Liv Fuller.
Frederick is having her beast season for us, with her ruck work vastly improved. Likely the beneficiary of some ruck coaching - I see that Roughy is still involved with the team, so he may be the source. Whatever has happened, it’s working for her.

It was a shocking day for footy. The swirling wind, which turned into a full on blustery gale for about 15 mins or so, with rain coming in sideways!!

I know, I was there, I should be more forgiving. The conditions were awful.

I was standing out in the open the last quarter. Geelong had a ridiculous wind advantage. Of course we could have adapted better to what we needed to do to maintain possession, but I thought the team did well to hold on under those conditions.

Three clubs left in race for $1m McClelland Trophy prize​

A thrilling round eight has whittled the contenders for the McClelland Trophy down to just three teams

8 hrs ago

SxB5T4bl.jpg

Nat Grider in action during Brisbane's clash with Adelaide in AFLW round eight, 2023. Picture: AFL Photos
AND THEN there were three.

Melbourne, Brisbane and Collingwood are the only clubs left in the race for the $1 million prize on offer to the winner of the revamped McClelland Trophy.

After a thrilling round eight of the AFLW season, Brisbane's three-point win over Adelaide ruled the Crows out of the running, leaving Matthew Clarke's side two and a half wins adrift of the Demons.

>> SCROLL DOWN FOR THE FULL McCLELLAND TROPHY LADDER

With eight points on offer for each AFLW win in the McClelland Trophy and only two games left in the home and away season, Adelaide is now officially too far back after the Demons' win over the Kangaroos on Saturday night.

As flagged at the start of the AFLW season, a $1m game looms in round 10 when Brisbane hosts Melbourne at Brighton Homes Arena in Springfield.
To lock in the blockbuster clash, the Lions must beat 12th-placed St Kilda this weekend and the Demons need to account for 13th-ranked Fremantle. If the Lions lose and the Demons win, Melbourne is all but certain to be crowned the McClelland Trophy champions, with Collingwood one game and nearly 18 percentage points behind.

QrojPHXS.JPG

Lily Mithen in action during Melbourne's clash with North Melbourne in AFLW round eight, 2023. Picture: AFL Photos
And if the results go as expected, Brisbane and Melbourne will face off in a season-shaping game that will also deliver a $1 million bounty to the winner.
The McClelland Trophy was relaunched this year to include the AFLW competition, with $1 million in prizemoney up for grabs to be shared between the club and all its players.
Four points are awarded for AFL wins and two for AFL draws, while eight points are granted for AFLW wins and four for AFLW draws, given the AFLW season runs for only 10 rounds.

2310_mcclelland_trophy

Three clubs left in race for $1m McClelland Trophy prize​

A thrilling round eight has whittled the contenders for the McClelland Trophy down to just three teams

8 hrs ago

SxB5T4bl.jpg

Nat Grider in action during Brisbane's clash with Adelaide in AFLW round eight, 2023. Picture: AFL Photos
AND THEN there were three.

Melbourne, Brisbane and Collingwood are the only clubs left in the race for the $1 million prize on offer to the winner of the revamped McClelland Trophy.

After a thrilling round eight of the AFLW season, Brisbane's three-point win over Adelaide ruled the Crows out of the running, leaving Matthew Clarke's side two and a half wins adrift of the Demons.

>> SCROLL DOWN FOR THE FULL McCLELLAND TROPHY LADDER

With eight points on offer for each AFLW win in the McClelland Trophy and only two games left in the home and away season, Adelaide is now officially too far back after the Demons' win over the Kangaroos on Saturday night.

As flagged at the start of the AFLW season, a $1m game looms in round 10 when Brisbane hosts Melbourne at Brighton Homes Arena in Springfield.
To lock in the blockbuster clash, the Lions must beat 12th-placed St Kilda this weekend and the Demons need to account for 13th-ranked Fremantle. If the Lions lose and the Demons win, Melbourne is all but certain to be crowned the McClelland Trophy champions, with Collingwood one game and nearly 18 percentage points behind.

QrojPHXS.JPG

Lily Mithen in action during Melbourne's clash with North Melbourne in AFLW round eight, 2023. Picture: AFL Photos
And if the results go as expected, Brisbane and Melbourne will face off in a season-shaping game that will also deliver a $1 million bounty to the winner.
The McClelland Trophy was relaunched this year to include the AFLW competition, with $1 million in prizemoney up for grabs to be shared between the club and all its players.
Four points are awarded for AFL wins and two for AFL draws, while eight points are granted for AFLW wins and four for AFLW draws, given the AFLW season runs for only 10 rounds.

2310_mcclelland_trophy
That Saints choke could come back to bite. Had Pies won they would have been tied with the Dees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back