Autopsy Collingwood v North Melbourne - Round 9. Vic Park 1:10pm Saturday October 22nd

Remove this Banner Ad

i didnt watch the umpiring or the game much today but generally, I think the umpires are encouraging the players to stand back and tackle because they are paying holding the ball too much...certainly too much for most of the players. The players need to have a prior opportunity or just ball it up. They are being far too critical of how the players are incorrectly disposing of it.

The other thing is dangerous tackles which has gone overboard....more so than with the men.

With the commentating, I am confused because the telecast seems to be a "home" telecast when we are playing away....and I can accept that....but when WE play at home, we dont seem to treated as the home team. Either be strictly neutral all the time or play favourites for the home team every time....

Outcoached today. North played like I thought we would, looked better at doing what we pride ourselves on doing. They also held their marks and they tackled well. We didn’t.

Last edited:
Big game coming up and two players listed as injured. Will be a big test for them both and hope they play. Both are needed.

Ruby Schleicher (hip) and Ash Brazill (adductor) will both test this week ahead of Friday night's clash with Brisbane.

Last edited:

Big game coming up and two players listed as injured. Will be a big test for them both and hope they play. Both are needed.

Ruby Schleicher (hip) and Ash Brazill (adductor) will both test this week ahead of Friday night's clash with Brisbane.

I doubt we will win another game without them. ruby will play if the coach's comments post game are to be believed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back