Autopsy Collingwood v Richmond (Round 10) - Victoria Park. 3:05pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

I won't be renewing my AFLW membership for next season unless l see the club take it seriously.
Don't shove this programme down our throats and tell us to get behind it and support it, when this garbage is served up....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank god that nightmare is over.

Goodbye to Symonds, Fowler, Livingstone, Brown, Lin and l would be looking to trade out Bonnici, Brazill and maybe a Schleicher or Casey to bring talent across in areas we need it....
I also don't think a player like Morris is anywhere near it, and would look to add Jess Bates and Dojiok to our programme next season. I also have huge doubts on James. She just doesn't do enough. If another club are keen on her and offered a top end draft pick, l would seriously consider it.

Last edited:
Granted Butler and Schleicher out was always going to hurt, but still a disappointing way to finish. Fitness and conditioning is going to need to improve dramatically. I would say this could be the end for Fowler, Livingstone and probably Symonds at Collingwood.

Disagree on Lin and Brown. To me they're often played out of position and lack reliable match touch (with no reserves playing parallel). But as I've said previously they're young so at least there is something to work with.

I don't think the club has ever taken the women's program seriously. Almost like an afterthough. That's something that has to change if we're to go to the level required

Thank god that nightmare is over.

Goodbye to Symonds, Fowler, Livingstone, Brown, Lin and l would be looking to trade out Bonnici, Brazill and maybe a Schleicher or Casey to bring talent across in areas we need it....
I also don't think a player like Morris is anywhere near it, and would look to add Jess Bates and Dojiok to our programme next season. I also have huge doubts on James. She just doesn't do enough. If another club are keen on her and offered a top end draft pick, l would seriously consider it.

That might deliver last place which could be a blessing...

I have the feeling that we are a minor team in the comp in everything, not just our current ladder position..... we are nowhere near the skill levels or athletism of the major teams. Our crowd support is not reflective of the club. I think we might be living with a handicap now that might have long term effects. It almost feels like a rerun of the netball....

I remember watching the first AFLW match against Carlton and thinking “we have way too many players that don’t have good skills AND/OR are not good athletes” … Years later it’s still the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back