Toast Round 7 Carlton v Collingwood, Ikon Park Sunday 15 Oct. 3.05

Remove this Banner Ad

I know it's a Carlton home game today, but just once I'd love us to play the scum at Vic Park. Everytime I come to this dump I'm reminded how much I hate it.

Can’t like this post enough. Eight seasons and never a home game against this despicable mob - although we keep beating them.😍

I don't mind being wrong so I must say that Fredrick's ruck work has been so much better this season.
I agree, I thought she was up against it going into this season but she's grabbed the ruck role with both hands and cemented her spot in the team.

Need to win the last 3 now for sure as it's a log jam.
Livingston, schleicher back will help. The latter running strongly at the ground getting some klms in, so must be close.
The backline will then become really hard to score against and give us that extra drive if we make it to finals.
Well done Rowey, no small feat to go to the otherside of the world and excell at a game you've never heard of in a few short years.
Bri fantastic as was Sheridan, Brit was good but I think she needs to think her way through her disposals a bit more. They are often not as damaging as they could be or as was the case today dangerous kicks for no reason which led to Carltons only goal.
Pressure from all was outstanding, especially early, gave the no room at all.
Room for improvement and definatly hope for the season.
Go pies

Last edited:
Match report:

COLLINGWOOD has made it three wins in a row after putting on a masterclass around the contest to secure a 17-point victory against Carlton.

The Pies put on a clinic at the coalface to press their case for a finals berth this season, completely suffocating the Blues to record a 4.3 (27) to 1.4 (10) victory.

The Pies picked up where they left off last week, applying the heat around the contest (93-79 in tackles) and dominating the inside 50 count throughout the match (33-21).

Pies captain Brianna Davey booted the first of the afternoon after some elite ruck craft from Sabrina Frederick.
he former Lion found Davey bursting through the stoppage and the midfielder kicked truly on the run to open proceedings.

The Pies dominated around the coalface, winning the contested possession count 113-96, completely overpowering the Blues midfield brigade.

The rain arrived early in the second quarter which turned the game into even more of an arm wrestle, with neither side able to kick a goal in the second term.

Eliza James' opportunistic goal off the ground to start the second half extended Collingwood's lead to 26 points, but the Blues weren't going to go down without a fight.

"We're trying to get the best out of Bri, she's obviously very good at stoppages but also can connect us across half-forward," said head coach Steve Symonds.

"She's a good player, we're trying to utilise her the best way possible for us and while we have some really good midfielders going well, it gives us a chance to play Bri in other roles and use her in the midfield when we need to."

Davey finished Sunday's 17-point win over Carlton with 21 disposals and a goal and provided a significant presence around the contest with a game-high 15 tackles.

"We are trying to get the best out of both worlds with her and it engages her as well as bringing out her best football, she's loving the challenge of playing forward and midfield," Symonds said.

"We'll gauge how the game goes as to what sort of percentage she spends in each area.

"We've got Brittany Bonnici, (Aishling) Sheridan, Grace Campbell and Mikala Cann and they're four players who have a red-hot crack at the ball.

"Our hard balls are very strong because the four of them love getting in there. All those four players are very good at transitioning up and down the ground."

Collingwood's onball brigade completely outplayed Carlton's, dominating in all key statistical areas including disposals (244-200), contested possessions (116-96) and clearances (33-24).

"They're starting to build a bit of chemistry. Grace has come in from North Melbourne and is starting to fit in and Bri and Brit are coming back from ACLs and are starting to get a bit of chemistry in there as well," Symonds said.

"We're just starting to see week by week they're starting to understand each other a bit better.

"It takes a little while for that chemistry to click but we're starting to see the benefits of that come through now."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back