Autopsy St Kilda v Collingwood - Sunday September 24. 3:05pm @RSEA Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fact we have lost to two teams who are quite new is worrying.

im all for supporting the aflw, but its hard when the competition has favouring rules

Why do our girls have a poor fitness level and a poor skill base? The club needs to overhaul the women's programme, and decide how seriously it wants to take it.
Not sure how much money the club puts into the programme, but it just looks like a low budget excercise at the moment.
Very disappointing performance today against a team that hadn't even won a game. We are so far behind other teams, and that gap will only increase unless the club starts to review the programme and bring in what we need to improve it.
Our season is already over after today, just 4 rounds in.....

I have no clue to how much we inve$t either ... but we have killed off the netball club now, and our AFLW stance is cemented. We can't afford to not spend $$ on a review to see how we fix this. There's no excuses.

To make finals, a team needs about 6 wins / 24 points. It'll be a micarcle to turn it around.

I have no clue to how much we inve$t either ... but we have killed off the netball club now, and our AFLW stance is cemented. We can't afford to not spend $$ on a review to see how we fix this. There's no excuses.

To make finals, a team needs about 6 wins / 24 points. It'll be a micarcle to turn it around.

If the season is a complete disaster, which would be us winning say 3 games for the season, surely changes will be made.
As a foundation club, we haven't had any real impact on the competition. I think we have played 4 finals series, and our best finish was l think 3rd in 2021. Other times we are hovering around anywhere from 5th to 10th, so hasn't been a very successful period.
We have lost players over time, but quite a few were some seasons ago now. Molloy left on her own account. Im not sure Chiocci and Lambert were keen to leave, but saw the writing on the wall for them at the club.
For us we haven't really seen huge development in alot of our players. The fitness level is questionable, and the skill level is very ordinary. I really hope the club looks into the programme and makes changes going forward, and put some more resources into it.
Brisbane lost a few players prior to this season, and they still sit 4th, and have just knocked off a strong North Melbourne team.
I just get the feeling we don't resource our women's programme as much as a few of the other clubs do theirs....

Last edited:

To me, the issue is recruitment. Other teams have athletic outside players who can run.

I just had a look at every player on the pie site and a lot are young and a lot are tallish. I was surprised because I had the impression that we were hanging on to too many old stagers. The question is whether the quality is there to have an impact in a couple of years. I think it's been hard to transition the list at a time when there has been so many new teams. Surely we get access to better draft picks this year.....surely. We got morris and karlson last year and both got 6 possessions .....you cant expect daicoses all the time. I preferred the formula 1 this week. The women are a little too depressing

To me, the issue is recruitment. Other teams have athletic outside players who can run.

I just had a look at every player on the pie site and a lot are young and a lot are tallish. I was surprised because I had the impression that we were hanging on to too many old stagers. The question is whether the quality is there to have an impact in a couple of years. I think it's been hard to transition the list at a time when there has been so many new teams. Surely we get access to better draft picks this year.....surely. We got morris and karlson last year and both got 6 possessions .....you cant expect daicoses all the time. I preferred the formula 1 this week. The women are a little too depressing
It's disappointing , the results for sure. However if we had Brit and Bri the last 2 seasons while we had Lambert, Malloy etc, we would have gone a lot deeper in finals.
We've been unlucky in that regard. Now we get Bri and Brit but lose Malloy, Lambert, Schleicher, Butler and EJ.
Can't take a trick.
As I've said before we have been a team that has dominated in the back half and attacked from there.
Losing Schleicher and Butler is huge. Jordan Allen is running up the field chasing kicks leaving Livingston exposed to far from the square, without the usual protection of the interceptors mentioned.
I think we are 3 and 1 if they played the first 4 rounds and sitting in the top 4.
There's not much to work with at the moment for the coaches, you'd like to drop 4 or 5 but there's no one to bring in.
However I also agree they need to harden up the training, to many out of shape plodders and some players on the list that have had long enough to produce and cement a spot and offer very little.
Unless we get some a couple of our A graders back I feel it will be more of the same V bombers.
Come on girls lift this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back