Game Day Collingwood v Gold Coast at Victoria Park, Sunday 17 Sept. 3.05pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are abysmal in the aerial stakes. No one can take an over head mark
And we get over run every week because we are so bad athletically
They were too tall, too strong and very fit. I think their shortest player would be our tallest.

Pies tried hard but very poor kicking for goal. cost them the game.

They were too tall, too strong and very fit. I think their shortest player would be our tallest.

Pies tried hard but very poor kicking for goal. cost them the game.

why has the list progressed so little in recent years. Is it all because of the expansion teams?

That has a lot to do with it but more so our trading is not good.

Lack trade capital (draft picks) because of compromised drafts, means we also lack the draft picks to build through the draft, then you lose players of the quality of Molloy because expansion clubs get extensive salary cap concessions. A perfect storm really leaving us unable to cover the absence of several best 22 players. On a positive note, best game ytd from Braz.

Last edited:
Worst and most frustrating game ive watched from the girls for a long while.
Didn't deserve to win.
Sun's girls looked athletically superior everywhere.
I'm not sure where a constant supply of goals will come from this year.
Apart from Brazil, Rowe , Allen and Davey not enough x factor. Ball movement was slow and when we did open up the field with a switch of play we would go back to take our kick instead of playing on quickly.
I think the losses of Butler and Schleicher are bigger than we think as a lot of our attacking comes from these 2 and Allen from the back half, moving the ball quicker.
I know inaccuracy cost us but to be honest the problems look way deeper than that.
Let's hope they can even the ledger against Saints or it will be a bleak season.

Didn't deserve to win.
Apart from Brazil, Rowe , Allen and Davey not enough x factor. Ball movement was slow and when we did open up the field with a switch of play we would go back to take our kick instead of playing on quickly.
I think the losses of Butler and Schleicher are bigger than we think as a lot of our attacking comes from these 2 and Allen from the back half, moving the ball quicker.
I know inaccuracy cost us but to be honest the problems look way deeper than that.
Let's hope they can even the ledger against Saints or it will be a bleak season.

Bleak season I’m afraid. We look to have gone backwards, much less plateaud. Our blue collar footy against taller, more skilful and dare I say fitter teams won’t cut it. We don’t seem to be keeping up with the evolution of women’s footy. Is the club spending enough, invested enough?

Didn't deserve to win.
The Saints are vying with West Coast as competition worst. Don’t think we learn anything from a win next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back