Autopsy Collingwood v North Melbourne - Round 9. Vic Park 1:10pm Saturday October 22nd

Remove this Banner Ad

Common sense prevails.

In: James

Out: Porter (Omitted)

FBSophie CaseyStacey Livingstone
HBLauren BrazzaleLauren ButlerRuby Schleicher
CJoanna LinChloe MolloySteph Chiocci
HFAsh BrazillSarah RoweEliza James
FFJaimee LambertSabrina Frederick
FOLAlison DownieTarni BrownJordyn Allen
INTJordan MembreyMikala CannSarah Sansonetti
INTAishling SheridanImogen Barnett
EMGEmily SmithAlana PorterImogen Evans

If this was us we'd be 1.5 not 5.1

That’s actually more regularly North’s scoring profile as well.

Getting spanked through the midfield at the moment, starting with hitouts and the quality and cleanness of their first use. Comparatively, we’re scrubbing kicks clear and not keeping the footy, or bombing to an outnumbered team mate. Really missing Davey, Bonnici and the forward prowess of Braz. Let’s see what the 2nd half brings.

Last edited:
Ouch, Ash out. Not good, she’s been one of our best and most important in our run of wins.

Can anyone advise re an adductor? Long term?

taylor adams had that initial strain for 3 weeks but women might be built differently. Do they have their own type of adductors?

We need a full strength team to be competitive against the top sides. Playing sides like North, with Davey, Bonnici and Brazill, really shows in our performance. We just seem to be out of our depth against the better teams.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

collingwood really like to compress the field (back and forward) .... caught out a few times with it today .... one of livingstones poorer games - a rarity for her

[edit] north easily opened us up .... exposed a few issues with personnel and gameplan ..... and their 2nd quarter was elite as was their ball use .... purposeful, methodical and clean - not easy in those conditions

Last edited:
i like gameplans that involve picking the ball up the first time....putting the football on your boot with care....running hard.....tackling with intent....backing up your team-mates....dont give up....

i like this gameplan... we're doing ok but we need to use the gameplan more

Kangas much better and it probably shows where we're at as a team this year.
outplayed and outcoached.
out umpired and out commentated......

That's easily the worst game of umpiring i've ever seen!
...And i've seen some bad ones!

Was insane the sheer biased (which is just because the umpires are actually not good enough!).

I think that if kelli underwood listens back to her commentary for the day....she'd be quite embarrassed as well.
Followed up last weeks sterling performance of calling Allen as Membrey for the first half last week with the most ridiculous biased commentary.
Clearly not a pies fan!
Not professional enough to hide it.
No wonder she was dropped from commentating the mens game!

But FMD that was hard to watch on so many levels!
not much for the team to take out of that one!

Ruby now out as well most likely.....fun times ahead....yet according to Underwoods opening statement "we've been so lucky this year with the draw"....

Kangas much better and it probably shows where we're at as a team this year.
outplayed and outcoached.
out umpired and out commentated......

That's easily the worst game of umpiring i've ever seen!
...And i've seen some bad ones!

Was insane the sheer biased (which is just because the umpires are actually not good enough!).

I think that if kelli underwood listens back to her commentary for the day....she'd be quite embarrassed as well.
Followed up last weeks sterling performance of calling Allen as Membrey for the first half last week with the most ridiculous biased commentary.
Clearly not a pies fan!
Not professional enough to hide it.
No wonder she was dropped from commentating the mens game!

But FMD that was hard to watch on so many levels!
not much for the team to take out of that one!

Ruby now out as well most likely.....fun times ahead....yet according to Underwoods opening statement "we've been so lucky this year with the draw"....

She's a atrocious commentator. I turned it off at half time after hearing her carrying on about North. Doesn't seem to matter who commentates they always seem way too happy when Collingwood are losing.

The umpiring was terrible -- although not an excuse -- some things they would pay, and then they wouldn't on the other side of it. It was frustrating.
Agree.
We were clearly outplayed and were never running that down.
But omg some of 50/50s they got and we didn’t were horrendous!!

Probs only 1 more season of this quality umpiring before $$ take over and something is done….

She's a atrocious commentator. I turned it off at half time after hearing her carrying on about North. Doesn't seem to matter who commentates they always seem way too happy when Collingwood are losing.
I’m sure there is confirmation bias from us in there….but damn it feels like we are on the end of it all the time.

The fact Allen was rated on aflw website as having “a breakout year” when she was awesome last year says a lot!!

It’s a shame that the experts don’t actually watch the gam beyond a cursory glance.

The umpiring was terrible -- although not an excuse -- some things they would pay, and then they wouldn't on the other side of it. It was frustrating.

Yeah, the lack of consistency between what team got which free really stood out. I didn’t mind the interpretations as they were applied when frees were awarded, they just weren’t applied equally to both sides. When it’s all said and done, we’re probably only talking 5-10 obvious decisions.

Same with every game Collingwood Plays Men and Women

Same with every game Collingwood Plays Men and Women
Moreso with the women, as these umpires arent as experienced so they are still learning up at this top level.
This is what happens umpires aren't full time and so the afl quality umpires can't do these games given their contracts end prior.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back