Toast Collingwood v GWS, Vic Park Sunday 9 October, 5.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought today was the style that suits the players. GWS was quite defensive too which didnt help the spectacle. The players got more confident in the last quarter and actually executed some good teamwork.....but I think the crows and bris will move the ball too quickly for our players to set up their defence.

The girls will be playing 15 mins walk from me next week. i'm hoping to stalk sarah rowe....kidding

I thought today was the style that suits the players. GWS was quite defensive too which didnt help the spectacle. The players got more confident in the last quarter and actually executed some good teamwork.....but I think the crows and bris will move the ball too quickly for our players to set up their defence.

The girls will be playing 15 mins walk from me next week. i'm hoping to stalk sarah rowe....kidding

From what I've seen (and we did push Adelaide right to the wire) but both those interstate sides are WAY bigger and physically stronger than most of our girls. They run through tackles and play down the corridor. Again without our contested ball monsters (Davey and Bonnici) we'll struggle to keep up.

From what I've seen (and we did push Adelaide right to the wire) but both those interstate sides are WAY bigger and physically stronger than most of our girls. They run through tackles and play down the corridor. Again without our contested ball monsters (Davey and Bonnici) we'll struggle to keep up.

yeh noticeably strong...

Yep, I agree. We strangle the lesser sides. They can hardly score against us. But we can hardly score too, although we got there in the end today.

We may be fourth, and we’ve won 6 out of 7 games - better than I expected for this late ‘22 season - but I think Brisbane and Adelaide are the teams to beat. Way ahead of us. Again.

Frustrating game to watch.
But only because our inability to make the right decision inside 50 cost us time and time again.

Think i counted about 3-4 times we had short options on, only to bomb it long to 57,000 GWS players v 1 (may be exaggerating)!

We need to learn who can kick 40 and set up for it.
There was one in particular. After sansonetti took that mark (WTF are the tigers thinking btw in delisting her ?!?), she had Ruby at 50 in the middle on her own.
Kick it to Ruby and she has a ping from 40 on the run.
Instead we go to the pocket and 10 v 1.

If Rowe can learn the HF role she played, she will be very useful because of her speed and footskills. She is never going to be good in the contest. So need to get her outside. That goal in the last was all because she kept running and pushing forward.
Butler is one of the most underrated players in the league. She is an absolute jet in 1v1. Rarely makes a mistake.
Allen also significantly underrated as well.

The reality is we are fair way behind Melb/Bris /Adl.
But our defense is strong and we turn games into a grind.

We will find out how good they are in the next 3 weeks.....

Collingwood v Greater Western Sydney

10 Jaimee Lambert (COLL)
7 Chloe Molloy (COLL)
5 Jordyn Allen (COLL)
4 Alyce Parker (GWS)
2 Jodie Hicks (GWS)
1 Alison Downie (COLL)
1 Mikala Cann (COLL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back