Offseason - Delusional Pearlers

Remove this Banner Ad

Never seen such a bunch of sooks after that round 22 game

and bateman only getting one week for the clearly deliberate closehanger on Lloyd? Jesus the hawks got off easy.

Nah, getting knocked out of the race for finals was more punishment than any tribunal coulda dished out.

To be totally honest, the one single difference why Lloyd's hit is viewed a lot worse than Ziebell's? Nothing to do with the incident.

Because Ziebell's was an attempt that a fair hip and shoulder he got wrong.

Lloyd's was a snipe par excellence. Which I loved.

Their sooking after that was so great.

Was it a "snipe", though?

Both players tried to hurt an opponent.

Lloyd:
[youtube]xP88NmsN_rA[/youtube]

Ziebell:
[youtube]fDXLLj98DR0[/youtube]

In fact Ziebell's actually looks worse. Obviously the end result (Sewell in hospital) dictates the penalty, but it's interesting that while Sewell and Riewoldt were both trying to gain posession of a loose ball, Lloyd ran in the direction of the ball (and man, obviously) and hit the guy front on in the chest, then head; by contrast, Ziebell ran in only for the man, left the ground, and hit the guy with his head over the ball on the shoulder and head.. Falling on top of him afterwards was unfortunate.

"They" being the club, or supporters?

Apparently they have a former umpire employed at the club. Dunstall won't say why, but probably for that reason I'm guessing.
The club.

They employed the umpire (Mattie James?) to be a "liaison" or some such.

Largest bunch of hypocrites in the league.
Bay for blood one minute, sook and whinge about a tiggie-touchwood free kick or an 8 year old incident in the next breath.

There were some Hawks having a whinge about Lloyd's armguard (remember? From about 7 years ago?) the other week. Saying it shouldn't have been allowed.

This being the same armguard that Crawford had before Lloyd, and actually wore in the very same match that Lloyd gave a free kick to Thurgood.

Naughty Essendon shouldn't have been allowed.

Because Ziebell's was an attempt that a fair hip and shoulder he got wrong.

Lloyd's was a snipe par excellence. Which I loved.

Their sooking after that was so great.
With respect? Bullshit. That's just your interpretation. And it's exactly why you can't take intent into account, because it's utterly subjective.

The fact is, he could quite well have decided to contest the football, by getting down. He went through, full steam, and put his hip through the bloke's shoulder & head just for good measure.

You are still allowed to bump people. he got it wrong and paid the price.

Back on Hawthorn sooking, how good was campbell Brown's threatening diatribe ... over the radio.

You are.
You're not allowed to bump anyone who's down when you're up.
It'll be "high" 10 times out of 10, and a fair amount of force too.

Reiwoldt (given the ball was on the ground?) was always going to be down. He was incredibly reckless. That was a hit Byron Pickett would be pretty proud of.
If he keeps getting involved in things like that, he'll have a nice little name for himself.

I don't believe there was anything nasty about Lloyd's bump. He wanted to win the ball. He knew that "making a statement" would lift the boys, who needed it at that point. He wasn't trying to kill Sewell, he was trying to win a contested ball that would inspire the team. Unfortunately he got beaten to the ball.

It was unfortunate that it happened the week after all the sooking about Franklin.

I will state catergorically that Lloyd's first intention was the ball. It was incidental contact that had serious consequences for Sewell. You would never wish injuries like that upon anyone.

I will also say categorically that clearly Ziebull and Franklin's intention was the man.

It is crazy that Lloyd's punishment was more because of the injuries. When his intention was to win a hard ball and was lucky to come off much better than his opponent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to interject (this thread is good fun though), but calling somebody jumping off of the ground to bump somebody else who had his head over the ball an 'attempt at a fair hip and shoulder' is probably the most delusional thing in this thread. I would be interested to hear how someone can possibly be attempting to fairly bump somebody when the victim's head is over the ball and the bumper jumps into the air.

Chris judd should have got life the day he clashed heads with llyody!

Thurgood was a hack.

Campbell brown couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag.

Ziebell is a thug, but should have been awarded something for attacking a riewoldt.

Llyod should have got 8 weeks, for only knocking out one hawk.

Michael longs hit in the 2000 grand final was way worse!

Franklin should just be lucky that he doesn't look like his dad...... Just yet

Roughead should just be thankful he has had a root.

If Henry slattery takes the field one more time, I will be sick. Henry should be a name outlawed from any mans sport.

If I hear one more sam kekovic remake of a song, i will pull my ears out and stick them in a fire I have lit in our 1965 premiership cup.

If I hear one more kangaroo supporter claim us as a rival, I will need my appendix taken out from over laughter.

One last if. If brad haddin keeps before wade ever again, I will join the republic of Congo!

Because Ziebell's was an attempt that a fair hip and shoulder he got wrong

[youtube]52R3Zn3yxe8[/youtube]

Methinks Ziebell's biggest mistake was he didn't learn to bump like the Anvil.

Based on what? They have similair career accolades and have both been close to the best player in the comp in their best years ( Riewoldt 04 & 09 & Hodge 05 & 10 ).
Jesus his rationale shits me.

All Australian awards
Brownlow votes
B&F (that one's fair enough)
Close to the best player (by my count) in this year

I think he just makes it up on the spot. 2005, Hodge was nowhere Judd and Cousins.

Time to get the Bigfooty hat back on for another season. February has come around and NAB Cup just around the corner... and reading some of the quoted posts on here from some of the complete deludanoids has again justified my decision to rarely post on here during the off-season due to the complete tripe that is served up.

There is being biased... then there is just being a complete knob. Unfortunately there are a lot of opposition posters who fall into the latter.

2012 is going to have so many posters eating their words about us. :) Starting with Round 1 and my favourite opposition.

2012 is going to have so many posters eating their words about us. :) Starting with Round 1 and my favourite opposition.

Planning an early birthday party are you mate?

Planning an early birthday party are you mate?

Getting a little boring now... old... and completely off topic...

I don't need to remind you which board you're posting on. If you have nothing insightful to post (and judging by your previous posts in here, not much at all), the exit is over there >>>

You're one of the complete deludanoids I was talking about. Norf for the flag this year, right!?

Was it a "snipe", though?

Both players tried to hurt an opponent.

Lloyd:
[youtube]xP88NmsN_rA[/youtube]

Ziebell:
[youtube]fDXLLj98DR0[/youtube]

In fact Ziebell's actually looks worse. Obviously the end result (Sewell in hospital) dictates the penalty, but it's interesting that while Sewell and Riewoldt were both trying to gain posession of a loose ball, Lloyd ran in the direction of the ball (and man, obviously) and hit the guy front on in the chest, then head; by contrast, Ziebell ran in only for the man, left the ground, and hit the guy with his head over the ball on the shoulder and head.. Falling on top of him afterwards was unfortunate.

I am with you.

I am impartial when it comes to illegal tactics on the field - But Ziebell's bump was an outright snipe - Ran from 10 metres away.

Hawthorn supporters are pretty delusional as well. They think just because they have won 10 premierships in the last 50 years it makes them on the same level of success if not more succesful as the big 3 collingwood, essendon and Carlton. Typically they get upset when proven wrong. Half thier premierships came from a golden era where they could recruit the best players from thier zone. We have been runners up 16 times compared to thier 6 when we went back to back in 84/85. Also claim to be big 4(god I need new lunges when I hear that haha) thier queer private boy school fans are a bunch of downhill skiers who jump of the bandwagon quicker then they got on(rnd 6 2010 thier lost gf to the bombers) can't wait to see the bombers run around thier plodder witches hats at etihad this year and send thier supporter base into another meltdown.

Minows gonna minnow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back