Offseason - Delusional Pearlers

Remove this Banner Ad

Warnock would blitz any of our rucks in a sprint.

Ryder is just about the quickest player on our list.

Not serious, but IMO Kreuzer's overrated.

I rate Kruezer highly. I reckon he will be the best ruckman in the game, or close to it, within 4 years.

My post probably just confirms your thoughts! :D

I do love the main board and big footy in general, it's the place where Ryder gets s**t hanged on him from every direction because he's not dominating every game as a 23 yr old but with Kruz (and seemingly a lot of big men) it's "well x player is only 22 - 23, it's understandable that he has a bit of inconsistancy as bigger guys don't develop until their mid 20s" which is something I agree with but it's just funny the way this place works sometimes.

I was trying to explain exactly why Tuck and Jackson are s**t and taking the Tigers no-where.
Apparently this is contentious.
I am not sure why.
They definitely are s**t, and they are basically Tigs #3 and #4 midfielder.

Well our midfield this year will be alot better than what the dons carried into the finals last year....
Luke Ball , Cameron Ling , the midfield I suggested {ED: Tuck Jackson Foley Cotchin Martin} is alot better than sides that made the 8 in 2011 , in depth , quality and flexibility .

Get on 'em for the flag.

I do love the main board and big footy in general, it's the place where Ryder gets s**t hanged on him from every direction because he's not dominating every game as a 23 yr old but with Kruz (and seemingly a lot of big men) it's "well x player is only 22 - 23, it's understandable that he has a bit of inconsistancy as bigger guys don't develop until their mid 20s" which is something I agree with but it's just funny the way this place works sometimes.

People are gullible.
Commentators say it = they look for it - and generally find it.

If you suggested the exact same things about either, on prime-time TV a few times, people would have exactly swapped perceptions.

That's so spot on.

If it's said in the media, 90% of footy followers just take it as fact.

It's why I don't like talking to casual footy followers in person. I don't comment much, or just play dumb most of the time, because you get the uninformed, sheepish comments like:

- Nick Maxwell's a gun; he was All Australian
- Dustin Fletcher hasn't played on a key forward since 2001
- Knights got the job cause he said you'd be top 4 instantly

It's just lowest common denominator s**t. I just laugh and shrug. It's like, to show them how stupid they are, you need to go back a lot further than just that.

Where do you start?

I hate perceptions driven by the media. One of my theories is that young players are rated in accordance to the positions they were drafted. I swear 2 young draftees can perform at the same level but the higher draft pick always gets creamed about for doing the most basic thing and labelled a star and the other player will not even be mentioned.

Also I the way the media used to dribble about maxwell is sickening, they almost love him as much as he loves himself. They still drool but they only ever talk about his leadership not his actual playing abilities because they know he is a dud.

On Stanton:This is exactly the kind of s**t I was talking about.

"Stanton mustn't be good cause he was booed by Essendon supporters."

**** me dead.

1) He was bronx cheered, not booed. Don't believe everything you read
2) By a portion on the wing
3) Last year alone Lachie Henderson was bronx cheered by 80% of the ground during the round 4 game, but nobody remembers that cause old mate Robbo didn't talk about it
4) Bronx cheering happens just about every game
5) Off the top of my head I've heard the following bronx cheered or booed by their own supporters: Scully, Ablett jr, Richo, Ward, Franklin (on one of his 2.11 days), Fevola, Hansen
6) Every club has supporters that do it
6ii) That sample doesn't reflect the population
6iii) Supporters' outbursts in the heat of the moment don't dictate whether a player's career has been a success or not

2961175776_b341ca0fc5.jpg

Really good post; it's just emphasises how simplistic some Big Footy posters are.

So Ponting and Clarke are s**t because they've been booed? Oh, and even Mandela's been booed by his own followers, does that make him any less of a man? :rolleyes:

Mandela's soft because he renounced violence and talked with National Party, just like Stanton is despite being a good outside mid. Oh and Stanton didn't go in hard enough with a fractured shoulder :cool:

Where's all the Wells love come from?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back