Betstar Champions Cup Om season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawton from Corowa came to the league with a six game suspension for hitting someone in the crowd. His hit was significantly better by all reports but he was also defending his father who was getting bashed, so its fair to say his motivations were more honorable.

Astonishing that "lack of evidence" could be the reason for throwing it out. Makes you lose alot of repect for league executives that they have taken the issue so lightly

Lawton from Corowa came to the league with a six game suspension for hitting someone in the crowd. His hit was significantly better by all reports but he was also defending his father who was getting bashed, so its fair to say his motivations were more honorable.

Astonishing that "lack of evidence" could be the reason for throwing it out. Makes you lose alot of repect for league executives that they have taken the issue so lightly

What's the bet if it was a lower profile player for another club more may have come of it

The O&M should have at least thought of a better bullshit excuse than lack of evidence. There is a close up video and eye witnesses clearly with good line of sight which is the same evidence they use to take players to the tribunal on regular occasions each season. Why don't they just say "sorry it's Albury. No case to answer".

Leagues full of s**t. They are so far up Albury's ass's its not funny. No wonder people have no interest in the O&M these days.

In all seriousness if I was a club in the position of Corowa/Rutherglen I'd forfeit to Albury. Don't give them the opportunity to beat up on a battler and inflate the already massive ego's. Maybe then the league would have a good look at what's going on

Went and had a look at Albury and Wang Yesterday in a game that Wang would feel it was one that got away.

The thing I noticed was how critical the Albury blokes were of each other when someone made a mistake, their ruckman was a popular target as he didn't have a good day!

Wang would rue 7.18, Newton 4.4 , porter 2.4 and McLounan 0.4 all missed chances they would normally get.

Today i felt the urge for a road trip and i went to dogs v lavi for a sneaky look. What i saw was a Lavi team that looked like trash getting pounded by a bunch of plebs who wont trouble the legitimate teams (albury, yarra and maybe myrt now). Then after half time i got word of abit going on at Birallee.

That bunch of silly people from the wrong side of the alleyway found out that you cant carry passengers in O&M. Raiders moved the ball well but are honestly a poor side, however they did rip the pies to shreds. My mob are a bottom two team but they had 4 blokes going around who wouldnt get a game at the hawkers.
Im now thanking my lucky stars that Deano Stone never answered our calls. Clearly got out coached today with what i saw.

Mellington ,, bagged 16 goals today ,,, must be up there as the most goals kicked in a game at ovens and murray level
C. `Snowy` Osborne Albury 1928
Doug Strang Albury 1939
Chris Stuhldreier Lavington 1997
C. `Snowy` Osborne Albury 1928
Maurie Hunter St Patricks 1928
Daryl Bakes Albury 1982*
Kevin Gleeson Rutherglen 1952
Vern Drake Corowa 1975
Daryl Bakes Albury 1985
Michael McGregor Wodonga 1997
Doug Strang Albury 1939
Stan Sargeant North Albury 1974
Boyd Wangaratta 1928
Fred Matthews Wodonga 1936
Stan Sargreant North Albury 1974
Matthew Chilcott North Albury 1994
Brenton Cooper Wodonga 1995

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just looked up the ovens and murray website .. most goals kicked in a game is 23 back in 1928 ......16 goals ranks sixth .. see the Albury tiger champ in Daryl Bakes bagged 19 and 17 on this list

Today i felt the urge for a road trip and i went to dogs v lavi for a sneaky look. What i saw was a Lavi team that looked like trash getting pounded by a bunch of plebs who wont trouble the legitimate teams (albury, yarra and maybe myrt now). Then after half time i got word of abit going on at Birallee.

That bunch of silly people from the wrong side of the alleyway found out that you cant carry passengers in O&M. Raiders moved the ball well but are honestly a poor side, however they did rip the pies to shreds. My mob are a bottom two team but they had 4 blokes going around who wouldnt get a game at the hawkers.
Im now thanking my lucky stars that Deano Stone never answered our calls. Clearly got out coached today with what i saw.
you have absolute no idea here champ.

Pity he was such a selfish player ,,, didnt end up in a good scenario at Lavington
I thought all full forwards were selfish in that era Stuyd? What happened at Lavi with him? Sounds interesting. He certainly dominated at Kyabram in the GV. Had two years in a row around the 150 goals.

Finished ok with Bacchus Marsh in the Ballarat footy league. His sons go alright also.

I thought all full forwards were selfish in that era Stuyd? What happened at Lavi with him? Sounds interesting. He certainly dominated at Kyabram in the GV. Had two years in a row around the 150 goals.

Finished ok with Bacchus Marsh in the Ballarat footy league. His sons go alright also.

A fella from home who I respect immensely and was one of country Victoria's best full backs has Stuhldrier as his toughest opponent and then the best player he played with when they played together at Bachus Marsh

Great courageous post "jack" . Sledge 4 blokes ! Come on name them! Golf links drive it's called! Lane Maybe , but goes somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back